[3.0 Build idea] life based dual curse storm burst assassin crit build

hi, this is my first build idea.

its a dual curse on hit build with storm burst as damage spell.

here is the passive tree: reworking comes later!

gem setup is

6L: storm burst, slower projectiles, increased area of effect, controlled destruction, concentrated effect, lightning penetration. (damage setup)

4L: herald of thunder, curse on hit, assassin's mark, conductivity. (curse setup)

4L: orb of storms, power charge on critical, increased critical strikes, increased area of effect. (power charge generator)

4L: cast when damage taken, increased duration, immortal call, enfeeble. (defensive setup)

3L: lightning warp, faster casting, less duration. (movement setup)

as weapon i would use dual void battery prophecy wand for more power charges and damage increase.
a the three dragons helmet could also be great for more defensive playstyle with freeze instead of shock.
what are you guys think?
can this build work on high tier maps and bosses?
can you give me some ideas for other uniques working well with this build?

Last edited by gohardbwoy on Aug 9, 2017, 8:53:41 AM
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2017, 9:10:30 AM
It's almost exactly the same build I'm trying xD.

The only difference is that I'm using cast while channeling + ball lightning, I tried with magma orb and Elemental Equilibrium but i noticed that i do almost the same damage so I don't want to waste points going to EE. I also tried with Arc and it went well, but I prefer ball lightning. I also use call of the brotherhood and the curses Elemental weakness and Warlord's mark.

I don't have any problem with packs and running act 1 to 10, the only problem is the fight with bosses, I think this spell has poor single target damage even with slower projectiles and I want to try it with good gear and check it (I'm only lvl 69 with garbage rares or even blues). My idea is go Divinarius or try the new sword "The Rippling Thoughts", it looks perfect for this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info