Fireball templar for HC, viable?

Im currently leveling a templar focusing on fireball in the hardcore league. Im currently @ level 36 act 1 cruel and everything has been super easy thanks too the searing touch staff that i found. Im planning to use the searing touch endgame aswell.

So my question is how will my build work out later when im in merciless and doing maps and so on?

This is the build im going for

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsOSA_EEZYUTRZvFr8ZhRo4GmwfAiQ8JKonqSlPKo0snC0fNsU22DbpOtg9X0NjRtdJG0lRTLNN2FJTVcZY9VptXcZd8mBtZk9mnmsXbRlwUnDVcU165n1Tfll_xoFJgW-Cm4dliEKLjIw2jHaOZI9Gj6aQVZeFms-cLZ1jnaOdrp3EnjyiAKIuoqOksacIp1ynhK-3sji2hrb6tzHAGsHFwfPDbc9l0NDUfNgk2t3d8-Fz42rkIuWO52rsGOw47FXtIPAf8WzxdvId8-r3pvyr

My staff is 4 link so im using LMP - Fastercasting and fire penetration atm. And im trying to use strictly armor + ES gear.

Any feedback on the build would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
"
Sythes wrote:
Im currently leveling a templar focusing on fireball in the hardcore league. Im currently @ level 36 act 1 cruel and everything has been super easy thanks too the searing touch staff that i found. Im planning to use the searing touch endgame aswell.

So my question is how will my build work out later when im in merciless and doing maps and so on?

This is the build im going for

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsOSA_EEZYUTRZvFr8ZhRo4GmwfAiQ8JKonqSlPKo0snC0fNsU22DbpOtg9X0NjRtdJG0lRTLNN2FJTVcZY9VptXcZd8mBtZk9mnmsXbRlwUnDVcU165n1Tfll_xoFJgW-Cm4dliEKLjIw2jHaOZI9Gj6aQVZeFms-cLZ1jnaOdrp3EnjyiAKIuoqOksacIp1ynhK-3sji2hrb6tzHAGsHFwfPDbc9l0NDUfNgk2t3d8-Fz42rkIuWO52rsGOw47FXtIPAf8WzxdvId8-r3pvyr

My staff is 4 link so im using LMP - Fastercasting and fire penetration atm. And im trying to use strictly armor + ES gear.

Any feedback on the build would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Searing Touch really helps the build, and will take you all the way to merciless if you do it well. Act 2-3 Cruel has been pretty tough on my softcore character and the weakness on the damage really shows in these areas. There's a major gearcheck/levelcheck at cruel act 3 into merciless act 2+.

I've changed the passive tree that you provided a bit to not have some useless nodes(like stats and wasted points on +fire damage)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsOSA_EEZYUTRZvFr8ZhRo4GmwfAiQ8JKonqSlPLR82xTbYNuk62D1fQ2NG10lRTLNN2FJTVcZY9VptXcZd8mBtZk9mnmsXbRlwUnDVcU1_xoFJgW-Cm4dliEKLjIw2jHaOZI9Gj6aQVZrPnC2dY52jna6dxJ48ogCiLqKjpLGnCKdcp4SyOLb6tzHAGsHFwfPDbc9l0NDYJN3z4XPjauQi5Y7sGOw47FXtIPAf8WzxdvId8-r3pvyrHNzjn9QZvJ-H22HinYCDODvh4venK4t6CPR5AzGI

If you like the changes that's great, if you don't that's cool too!

Good luck fire brother!
Thanks for the feedback!

But why did you skip alot of +fire damage nodes? is it just because i'ts only 6% per node and you feel that its wasted points? but it do add up to like 42% extra fire damage if you take them, its 7 extra points required tho i guess you can spend them on something more valuable :P

And i took the +dex nodes so i can level up LMP to max rank but i guess its not needed if i find a good onyx amulet.

What do you think are the best support gems for fireball btw?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info