[3.0] Caustic Arrow! The skill formerly known as Poison Arrow! (Occultist)

Well, well, well, well, well... that's six wells.

With the launch of 3.0 I have decided to play Caustic Arrow (formerly known as Poison Arrow) and after looking for resources I have decided to make my own build thread. Keep in mind though that this is a work in progress and I will update as I can.

Current gear

Passives
http://poeurl.com/bqwl >> Level 90

Leveling
I recommend leveling as a traditional Firestorm build until about level 40. This means that once you switch over to Caustic Arrow you will need at least 10 passive resets and 12 if you take Fire Walker. Here is an example passive tree to about level 35

From 36-40 allocate all your passives in the Witch ES Start nodes so that once you reach 40, you can easily switch over to Caustic Arrow if you would like. This is not mandatory but it is what I did.

Before you switch your passive tree should look like this
After you switch your passive tree should look like this

Path of Building
wip

Ascendancy
wip

Gear
wip

twitch.tv/wabachaw
Last edited by wabachaw on Aug 9, 2017, 7:24:12 PM
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2017, 8:26:30 PM
reserved
twitch.tv/wabachaw
A few comments.

You can save a few skill points on your tree.

Take the AOE node instead of pathing above the Witch ES nodes.

Also, you don't need Influence as it will only slightly benefit your ES. I would drop those 2 nodes but keep the 4% reduced reserved.

You can also take Charisma for a little more reduced reserved which should help free up a little of your mana issues and allow for 2 blasphemy curses (saves the cost of witchfire if you can't afford) and discipline while leaving 10% unreserved for CA (although that is a bit low but possible).

Consider taking the curse nodes right next to CI. They are strong and the AOE is nice now that blasphemy isn't junk again.

If you go CI make sure to use Damage on Full life support, it's the best support now minus conc effect.

Pierce isn't horrible for damage. I would consider saving the pierce nodes as the last nodes needed.

Empower only outdamages other supports at level 4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info