[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Just saw the updated ascendancy for assassin.... would this build work as an assassin?

Well, pathfinder got buffed pretty much so I'd still recommend pathfinder for this. Haven't seen Raider yet, but should be fine for budget as well.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Ahfack wrote:

Don't have life on all your jewels. I show you at 5.6k life - Try to get around 6.5k that's really the sweet spot. With kaoms, life% on jewels/tree very important.

Get a 15pen wise oak

Wise oak is not balanced but is very close! I show you at 131 fire, 129 cold, 138 light. Balancing your wise oak is very important for both offense and defense. We are pathfinder, so we take less elemental damage, combined with taste of hate, this helps up our tankiness on bosses a great deal.

Also be careful on flask usage, don't just spam all the flasks empty. Space out the flask usage and make them last as long as possible.

Replace hollow twine jewel with life% jewel, it's not bringing you that much damage
Replace Morbid bane as well - flat ele isn't as good as flat phys (not even close), and life% on a regular jewel very important
Dragon twine is good damage, but no life
Glyph twine also, really good dmg but no life

Thanks for spending this time to gear check my character.

I will definitely look for some jewels to replace the ones you mentioned.

The Wise Oak balancing is a pain in the a**. but will try to find a way to balance it as best as possible.

Thanks for this amazing build. It allowed me to understand and learn a lot of the "mechanics" behind a pathfinder and bow characters and also to go farther than before in map progress.
Thanks a lot
"
l1maR wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:

Don't have life on all your jewels. I show you at 5.6k life - Try to get around 6.5k that's really the sweet spot. With kaoms, life% on jewels/tree very important.

Get a 15pen wise oak

Wise oak is not balanced but is very close! I show you at 131 fire, 129 cold, 138 light. Balancing your wise oak is very important for both offense and defense. We are pathfinder, so we take less elemental damage, combined with taste of hate, this helps up our tankiness on bosses a great deal.

Also be careful on flask usage, don't just spam all the flasks empty. Space out the flask usage and make them last as long as possible.

Replace hollow twine jewel with life% jewel, it's not bringing you that much damage
Replace Morbid bane as well - flat ele isn't as good as flat phys (not even close), and life% on a regular jewel very important
Dragon twine is good damage, but no life
Glyph twine also, really good dmg but no life

Thanks for spending this time to gear check my character.

I will definitely look for some jewels to replace the ones you mentioned.

The Wise Oak balancing is a pain in the a**. but will try to find a way to balance it as best as possible.

Thanks for this amazing build. It allowed me to understand and learn a lot of the "mechanics" behind a pathfinder and bow characters and also to go farther than before in map progress.
Thanks a lot

Great to hear! Happy to help. Good luck with it :)
Hey Ahfack do you think that there needs to be a new Resist balancing (on gear and with flask for Wise Oak)after the update on pathfinder Thank You
Last edited by Draexzhar on Feb 23, 2018, 6:16:46 PM
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Just saw the updated ascendancy for assassin.... would this build work as an assassin?

Well, pathfinder got buffed pretty much so I'd still recommend pathfinder for this. Haven't seen Raider yet, but should be fine for budget as well.

raider ist out "http://kokoska.janeek.eu/"

what ascendancy will you recommend? i thnk Avatat of slaugter + Avatar of Chase for the +100% onslaught effect.
"
HISCH wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

raider ist out "http://kokoska.janeek.eu/"

what ascendancy will you recommend? i thnk Avatat of slaugter + Avatar of Chase for the +100% onslaught effect.

I've never personally played this as raider, but I like Avatar of Slaughter and Avatar of of the Veil
Opinions on new Trickster as a possibility? Harness the void sounds pretty broken with Doomfletch (or any conversion), also comes with free frenzy/power generation and extreme amount of defenses through evasion/ES hybrid stuff.
Think im going to attempt this as deadeye. For ascendancy i'd go 2,8,12,14 according to the following image. https://i.redd.it/jdrzo0a0xfi01.jpg

Im undervaluing the extra arrow cause you can just get it on shaper(or elder? i forget) quivers.

Lemme know what you guys think!
Last edited by Aurelas on Feb 26, 2018, 1:30:41 PM
"
Netukka wrote:
Opinions on new Trickster as a possibility? Harness the void sounds pretty broken with Doomfletch (or any conversion), also comes with free frenzy/power generation and extreme amount of defenses through evasion/ES hybrid stuff.

sounds really great, and we can go ES too
"
HISCH wrote:
"
Netukka wrote:

sounds really great, and we can go ES too

While that ascendancy does prove some interesting choices for the future, I still believe that pathfinder is the best for this class still.

With all this power creep, damage isn't a problem at all. We want to focus on being as tanky as possible. 3.1 introduced insane damage-dealing items for us. I'll be changing the endgame/GG section of the build up a bit.

Because of all the damage conversion double dipping etc... Lightning arrow has proven to be buffed quite well. I've permanently changed from TS to Lightning Arrow.

For mapping, a 2s lightpoacher with a la/ts enchant is really good:

No squishiness from Abyssus, and you can still get very comparable damage to an abyssus. Of course for standard league, these will never be as good as the legacy +2 barrage enchant abyssus for boss farming, but for farming maps, you're pretty much 1shotting everything anyway so there's no point.

As far as another option if you have some currency to invest, I vastly prefer an elder astral with redblade/life/life%/crit mod over kaoms now. You get less HP, but more eHP and you don't have to weapon swap anymore. Comes in handy when running elder maps and hitting null portals etc... or even tanky rares in a 6man party.

It also allows you to invest in a GG single doomfletch bow like +1 arrow or culling strike.

Watcher's Eye, I mean come on. Ridiculous. Even just a single useful mod hatred crit is insanely powerful. Conversion is BiS for us, followed by hatred pen. Any other useful mod is good, but really not needed on a budget. Priority is hatred crit:

And needless to say, the new abyss jewels are just insane.

They give more damage than a 100% perfect viridian, and with an astral on, the life difference is almost non-existent. However, Viridians are still really good, especially with a Kaom's on you'll get more life from 7% life than you will with +50 max life on an abyss jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info