[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

This happens every time after 90+days into league. Everyone bored so they starting/feeding drama :) so funny. I'm very flattered to be the target this time around, and really appreciate all the new subs!

"
Euploid wrote:
I'd like to chime in here regarding this bullshit builds thing.

There are plenty of "build guides" on this forum that are basically just mirror service threads, with people posting bloated PoB numbers using passive trees and gem combinations that only make sense with very high level characters and mirror-tier gear. Choosing this guide to critique on that basis is just lazy.

The only way you could think this guide was only an advertisement is if you glance at the guide and don't try making the character. The main post includes detailed explanations for stat priority on budget gear and numerous testimonials with examples of easily achievable in-league gear.

If that's not enough, Ahfack monitors the thread and regularly makes lengthy comments which are usually aimed at helping players make the build work in leagues. How is this not a proper guide to making this build work?

That's not to say the guide isn't an advertisement, obviously it partly is but why does that even matter? Shouldn't it be considered a point in favour of the build that the OP has taken the gear as far as it can possibly go and thus demonstrated how far it can be scaled?

Bullshit implies dishonesty but there's no dishonesty on Ahfack's part in this guide. The first part of the thread is a showcase of the build's potential with clear disclaimers on achievability, which is a natural part of any good build guide.

This whole discussion honestly feels like class hatred. "Ahfack is rich on standard and made an OP build with his OP gear, he must be a dishonest moneygrabbing prick trying to get noobs to buy his mirror items." It's just stupid. Why does everyone have to be so catty about it? If any of these haters actually had mirror bases they would make similar guides in a heartbeat.

As an end note, I played this build in Harbinger SC with rares that were decent at best and got to 1.4 million Shaper DPS with +1 arrow drillneck and +2 proj abyssus. It worked pretty well for what I wanted it to do, which was kill bosses with a bow. Wise oak was pretty hard to balance but not impossible by any means. In the end I scrapped the build because it felt too squishy for my tastes. I'm not interested in trying it again, but I still think this is one of the best guides on this entire forum, even if I didn't like playing the build.

I don't know you, but I think I love you

Logic is a great thing.

Also, literally the first frame after the intro in the video build guide:

Click to watch

lol people are so funny :)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Nov 8, 2017, 5:40:36 PM
If I bless an old Doomfletch, will it get the new mod?
whisper to newbies->!!! this build is focused on the destination rather than the journey !!!

this is a bow build min maxed with perfect gear on standard aiming for BOSS!!!
this build is satisfying to play with perf gear. The skilltree is optimised and every part are covered (gem, stats, video, etc)

If you want a budget league starter to play solo AND aiming for VERY !!END GAME!! content (shaper, uber atziri, guardian), dont follow this build. Some builds like summoner, ancestral warchief, bladeflurry will clean content a lot more easier than a bow build for 10 time cheaper. You can play a windripper build for better budget bow and transition into this one after 50 ex for VERY END GAME BOSS
BUT IF YOU STILL WANT TO PLAY THIS BUILD FROM ZERO:
-you can farm map with decent speed on budget gear (t1->t10 1~2ex budget, skip map boss if needed).
-scale very well with support aurabot build and in this particular case, choose this build.
-it scale with so many stats, if you expect to play a lot in league,if u are good enough with trade, it's a good choice too.

and 2m shaper dps can be reached with a quite normal setup
at lvl91 I've up to 2.7m shaper without Abyssus and ToH or Vinktar's
so I can kill bosses, while I clear maps in 2mins, having 5.9k life + Acro
Which is the advantage compared to most wander builds

and I fit in a portal and enlighten gem to lvl...

compared to other bullshit builds, that video was a bit stupid, but a budget version isn't viable, on that I agree.
Last edited by Ceratoidei on Nov 9, 2017, 4:32:54 AM
Bow builds are in generally not gonna be tougher than your average armor base Berserker/Slayer/Giadator Melee builds, but this build is one of the better survivilibity already for bow build.

Swapping Abycuss to Devotos or Starjoka will greatly improve defence, if your damage is decent without Abycuss.

What is importance, is that if you picked Pathfinder, you will need to make sure you can kill bosses before your flasks went dried, which made Abycuss the recommended choice for taking end game bosses. Starjoka can be used in leveling.
Otherwise, I think starting with Raider & repec later when you have end game gears is a viable option.

Anyway, I have been experimenting some setups. Blempahmy->enlighten->Projectile weakness is nice, but I figured I can selfcast, lost a bit of QoL, but managed to squeeze in Artic armor for mana reserve, which greatly improve defense. Also it allows me to use ice golem with CwDT (lost a bit of offense though due to lower level golem), to compensated QoL lost in Projectile weakness. Otherwise, I may considered seölf cast golem (for max damage potiential) + vaal lightning trap.

Current 4 link (helm)
Projectile weakness (self cast)
Artic Armor
CWDT->Ice Golem

Considering
Projectile weakness (self cast)
Artic Armor
Ice Golem (self cast)
Vaal Lightning Trap (self cast)

Also, I use Quicksilver with %armor/evasion (depends on map), which improve a bit of defense, while not losing excessive speed.
Last edited by KiadawP on Nov 9, 2017, 8:53:01 PM
Ok...the "reddit investigation crew" strikes again I guess? Or not?

After the "statistical analysis" (LOL) videos of loot drops from X maps (ft. a stupid amount of doctor cards/exalt drops + stupid loot filters) the "bullshit build thing" seems to be the new hot thing out there.

I initially quite liked the idea. A lot of build guides are quite deceiving when it comes to PoB numbers and there is no consensus whatsoever when it comes to settings. Quite annoying to have to check which buff is up, how many dps flasks are used and what legacy gear is to exclude.

Imo there is almost NO WAY for newer players to tell if build(guide) A is better than build B based on a PoB number. Or even a PoB pastebin. It's just a giant cluster**** without common standards. Therefore people feel free to advertise their build to the max and claim unrealistic numbers. Where the "bullshit builds guy" comes in.

But...why did he pick this build out of all the builds out there? There's even a 100% mirror service bow build (tri-balancing res. with the mirror items) out there to pick and criticize!? Or Probably too hard to find or not worth it for reddit? I could think of a couple of other bow builds as well, but that's a different story.

So, he chooses this build for the sole fact of "DPS boosted with mirrorgear", even admitting that he likes the build as it is and that it's capable of the endgame in the league.. So why making a "bullshit-build-video" out of it? Pure clickbait? Ahfack NEVER claimed that his items/numbers are possible to get in a temp league.

On a sidenote, this guy has no clue how to make a bow build work on budget. Picking the boots with 120 life (while wearing Kaoms) but not bothering fixing the WO-res or getting the extraproj :D. There are a TON of secondary items and options for quiver/helmet/body armour w/e

helmet: starkonja's, rat's, devoto's, tempest's binding, rare with projs. +2 Devoto has been cheap for ages till the league died out.
quiver: something remotely decent with +1 proj, NOT drillneck w/o proj. for barrage or drillneck +1 isn't that expensive.
body armour: QotF for mapping, Yriel's for dmg, Belly to save currency. Can't be bothered to have a 1hr+-writedown on this topic.

People have written dozens of pages about gearing/preparing for specific encounters and Ahfack even included some noteworthy reviews in the guide. FFS.

The reference to the number of people complaining is a funny one as well. I played the build from day 5-6 of the league and perceived it like this:

1) doomfletch is an (obvious) contender for a meta build, people see this guide and are happy with it at first. Prices are on the higher side but still affordable.
2) around the 2. week: people are getting their endgame gear and doing guardians/shaper with good results. The distribution of people in this thread is heavily skewed to the experienced/bow/meta-build-players though.
3) around the 3. week: following 2) doomfletch becomes REALLY meta and the prices on the suggested uniques explode. However there are still a bunch of affordable solutions out there.
4) around 5.-6. week: league starts to die / goes into the currency farming phase. This build isn't flashy enough for this phase to compete with wanders/windripper, a lot of metaplayers leave and some key items drop in price (also fusing/exalt reatio crashes). In the same time some of ziggyd followers / people disappointed with neversink's build arrive.

4) - 5) people start complaining about the build for some reason (unclear to me!)

Based on that I don't get the message of the video. I would rate the build around 8.5-9/10 and don't see a SINGLE valid point of criticism mentioned in the video. There are a few to be made but he's clearly not bothering going that deep.

TLDR: superficial clickbait video. A video comparing different build guides for a subclass (like bow builds) with analysis of+beyond the PoB would be useful. But naahh, that's not flashy enough...;)

P.S. played the build in 1)-3), have done around 60 guardians + 15 shapers + random other stuff (uber/vinktars) with it. Imo it's very good at shaper even w/o abyssus. Ok-good vs guardians w/o abyssus. Didn't bother to min-max the gear and switched to a wander afterwards.
Last edited by juerk on Nov 10, 2017, 8:59:29 AM
"
juerk wrote:
Ok...the "reddit investigation crew" strikes again I guess? Or not?

After the "statistical analysis" (LOL) videos of loot drops from X maps (ft. a stupid amount of doctor cards/exalt drops + stupid loot filters) the "bullshit build thing" seems to be the new hot thing out there.

I initially quite liked the idea. A lot of build guides are quite deceiving when it comes to PoB numbers and there is no consensus whatsoever when it comes to settings. Quite annoying to have to check which buff is up, how many dps flasks are used and what legacy gear is to exclude.

Imo there is almost NO WAY for newer players to tell if build(guide) A is better then build B based on a PoB number. Or even a PoB pastebin. It's just a giant cluster**** without common standards. Therefore people feel free to advertise their build to the max and claim unrealistic numbers. Where the "bullshit builds guy" comes in.

But...why did he pick this build out of all the builds out there? There's even a 100% mirror service bow build (tri-balancing res. with the mirror items) out there to pick and criticize!? Or Probably too hard to find or not worth it for reddit? I could think of a couple of other bow builds as well, but that's a different story.

So, he chooses this build for the sole fact of "DPS boosted with mirrorgear", even admitting that he likes the build as it is and that it's capable of the endgame in the league.. So why making a "bullshit-build-video" out of it? Pure clickbait? Ahfack NEVER claimed that his items/numbers are possible to get in a temp league.

On a sidenote, this guy has no clue how to make a bow build work on budget. Picking the boots with 120 life (while wearing Kaoms) but not bothering fixing the WO-res or getting the extraproj :D. There are a TON of secondary items and options for quiver/helmet/body armour w/e

helmet: starkonja's, rat's, devoto's, tempest's binding, rare with projs. +2 Devoto has been cheap for ages till the league died out.
quiver: something remotely decent with +1 proj, NOT drillneck w/o proj. for barrage or drillneck +1 isn't that expensive.
body armour: QotF for mapping, Yriel's for dmg, Belly to save currency. Can't be bothered to have a 1hr+-writedown on this topic.

People have written dozens of pages about gearing/preparing for specific encounters and Ahfack even included some noteworthy reviews in the guide. FFS.

The reference to the number of people complaining is a funny one as well. I played the build from day 5-6 of the league and perceived it like this:

1) doomfletch is an (obvious) contender for a meta build, people see this guide and are happy with it at first. Prices are on the higher side but still affordable.
2) around the 2. week: people are getting their endgame gear and doing guardians/shaper with good results. The distribution of people in this thread is heavily skewed to the experienced/bow/meta-build-players though.
3) around the 3. week: following 2) doomfletch becomes REALLY meta and the prices on the suggested uniques explode. However there are still a bunch of affordable solutions out there.
4) around 5.-6. week: league starts to die / goes into the currency farming phase. This build isn't flashy enough for this phase to compete with wanders/windripper, a lot of metaplayers leave and some key items drop in price (also fusing/exalt reatio crashes). In the same time some of ziggyd followers / people disappointed with neversink's build arrive.

4) - 5) people start complaining about the build for some reason (unclear to me!)

Based on that I don't get the message of the video. I would rate the build around 8.5-9/10 and don't see a SINGLE valid point of criticism mentioned in the video. There are a few to be made but he's clearly not bothering going that deep.

TLDR: superficial clickbait video. A video comparing different build guides for a subclass (like bow builds) with analysis of+beyond the PoB would be useful. But naahh, that's not flashy enough...;)

P.S. played the build in 1)-3), have done around 60 guardians + 15 shapers + random other stuff (uber/vinktars) with it. Imo it's very good at shaper even w/o abyssus. Ok-good vs guardians w/o abyssus. Didn't bother to min-max the gear and switched to a wander afterwards.

In my POV, just let reddit have their 2 to 3 days of fun. No one is getting hurt, everyone including ahfack / the video creator/ reddit can just laugh about it and move on, I mean if I can get that huge amount of people to hate me so much in a video game cause I have more in game currency than them, I would take it gladly, sadly I'm just a pleb.
@vakarlan

You're right, it's not like I'd care either (mid/longterm). Beside the popcorn-aspect of the clip, it's even good for me, because it's

A) confusing people, which may lead some to questionable decisions/choices on poe.trade (in the next mayhem/league/whatever)

B) trashing a barrage build+ barrage in general, which might be helpful for 3.1 balance changes.

but VERY-SHORTTERM I'm annoyed by that clip, and express my opinion about it, that's it ;)
Last edited by juerk on Nov 10, 2017, 9:15:09 AM
"
juerk wrote:
@vakarlan

You're right, it's not like I'd care either (mid/longterm). Beside the popcorn-aspect of the clip, it's even good for me, because it's

A) confusing people, which may lead some to questionable decisions/choices on poe.trade (in the next mayhem/league/whatever)

B) trashing a barrage build+ barrage in general, which might be helpful for 3.1 balance changes.

but VERY-SHORTTERM I'm annoyed by that clip, and express my opinion about it, that's it ;)

Im very annoyed by the fact that is video are basicly reaction video .... he put low effort into is critic n basicly he's just stealing content from others to make $$$. Eventually ppl will get bored of him because some of the things he say make 0 sense.

A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
"
philophil wrote:
"
juerk wrote:
@vakarlan

Im very annoyed by the fact that is video are basicly reaction video .... he put low effort into is critic n basicly he's just stealing content from others to make $$$. Eventually ppl will get bored of him because some of the things he say make 0 sense.

The world is not always fair mate, you will have haters. I am of course not defending bullshit guides in any sense. Personally I think it is best for both parties to move on and take it as a joke, cause you know reddit loves to shit on anyone. On the bright side, Ahfack got another mirrored service done yesterday after the "expose" as you may call it so I call it a win.

Edit: Who knows,maybe bullshit guides might ran outta ideas,maybe ahfack might ran outta business, we will never know, I mean if he does more bullshit builds without too much quality/ putting in more effort, even the dumb asses on reddit will see through it. After that, only the super hardcore haters on reddit will continue to shit on future guides featured in his videos.
Last edited by Vakarlan on Nov 10, 2017, 9:54:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info