[3.0]Help needed: two-handed sword Ranger melee build.

I'm kinda new and have troubles in accessing the dificulty level of the game and therefore afraid of screwing up with building the character up early. ALso I do not need a really optimized character as I do not plan to 'farm' high end content with her. The goal is to finish the story without much hassle and see if I really like the game to go in seriously.

I don't see much of two-handed builds for the ranger on the forum for the current version. I do not want present Frost blades/molten strike build because I didn't like Frost blades aesthetically. It feels almost as 'ranged' character. So is there a way to build up a two-handed sword ranger without 'frost blades' with something like double strike or something similar which feels more like 'melee' character? Nothing fancy but enough to finish the campaign or at least the majority of it (I heard something that last story bosses could be rather hard).
Last edited by crueldwarf on Aug 7, 2017, 5:38:31 AM
Last bumped on Aug 7, 2017, 10:08:48 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1302337 is a great build, it's on the maurader section of the forums but it covers maurader, duelist, and ranger versions of the build. Since you're just going after story for now, the ranger version is great! It tends to fall off late late endgame compared to the other class versions of the build, but will service you fine for 100s of hours. The ranger version is called Raider in that thread btw, since that's the ascendancy prestige class you'd choose. As a side note, in the sections he says you should use sunder while leveling up to be able to use cyclone, if you're dead set on swords use Static Strike instead--not quite as good as sunder for those early levels, but can be used with a sword, as sunder can't be used with swords. GL and have fun in Wraeclast!
Last edited by Roulex on Aug 7, 2017, 9:43:49 AM
"
Roulex wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1302337 is a great build, it's on the maurader section of the forums but it covers maurader, duelist, and ranger versions of the build. Since you're just going after story for now, the ranger version is great! It tends to fall off late late endgame compared to the other class versions of the build, but will service you fine for 100s of hours. The ranger version is called Raider in that thread btw, since that's the ascendancy prestige class you'd choose. As a side note, in the sections he says you should use sunder while leveling up to be able to use cyclone, if you're dead set on swords use Static Strike instead--not quite as good as sunder for those early levels, but can be used with a sword, as sunder can't be used with swords. GL and have fun in Wraeclast!

Oh, thank you. It looks good in terms of overall build but the guide itself is rather brief and probably directed to the experienced players. I would like to know what part of the tree to prioritize first as I know the basics (that you need certain amount of life incresing bonuses to be vialbe and so on) but cannot really say in what direction I need to build up first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info