Onslaught

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Oct 5, 2023, 9:02:54 PM
I think this gem is great, maybe even overpowered for leveling. I think i had it as my main 4 link till act 10 kitava.

Speed tends to be harder to come by in low levels and onslaught provides it all! Maybe for attack builds though it can be swapped out fairly early though compared to spell builds, since attack speed tends to be more available than cast speed.

Probably just my preference though, i find silver flask is costly and sometimes does nothing for when not enough monsters. Also I didn't own a silver flask until quest reward gave me one...

For almost any build you can swap it out for added cold damage or faster attacks against a boss if needed too if there are few monster spawns to kill.
Does the raider onslaught duration affect this support gem?

After an extensive search i found no answer how this will affect the support.
The only thing i found is that the duration of onslaught cannot be increased
by the duration passive nodes.

But this is a passive that specifically affects onslaught,
so that makes things a bit more uncertain.

Or do they only affect the onslaught gained by rapid assault?
Education is what you get from reading the small print.
Experience is what you get from not reading it.
Onslaught is Onslaught, it applies. I don't know how it stacks up with Raider's innate Onslaught on Kill, which of the two takes priority.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 24, 2017, 12:00:34 PM
Can i have Onslaught with Herald of Ice?
Beacause i don't see ikon on Killing blow if I have 2 link. And stats are same.
Thanks
This gem is really bad, it should grant increased onslaught effect just like the raider and a (smaller) chance % to grant onslaught on hit, something like 5-10% tops. Maybe Increased onslaught duration as well.

Any magic silver flask is much better imo, this is just too unreliable and weak for 1 gem slot.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Jan 20, 2018, 12:33:18 PM
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Mar 16, 2019, 7:55:53 PM
So... How does Momentum work, in detail? Especially when the swiftness buff activates.
Each time you use a power supported by Momentum you get 1 Momentum stack. Each stack gives you a 20% attack speed increase. You lose all Momentum stack when you either move or reach 5 buffs.

When you reach 5 stacks you lose the attack speed and you gain a movement speed buff for 1.5 seconds. Not certain how fast the move buff is.
Last edited by Roziel_Longblade on May 19, 2023, 3:04:46 PM
Momentum support either needs to be changed in a big way or be removed. It's basically unusable in it's current state.

The whole get 4 stacks, they auto-remove and give you a short movespeed buff but only if you got the full stacks is basically unable to be engaged with. You don't know how many hits an enemy will take and once you get rolling 4 hits is a lot to expect from most packs. This gem is dropped by almost everyone the moment they hit any other support gem. Even streamer players like crouching tuna drop it immediately because it doesn't serve a purpose.

Good way to change it is to make it function closer to Intensify where the stacks don't fall off while attacking but get fully eaten when you move. Make the movement speed bonus scale depending on how many stacks you have when you move rather than needing full stacks. It'd be an actual good link for some attacks due to the attack speed buff and move speed buff allowing people to get between packs faster and letting attack builds ramp up their damage while stationary.

Outside that I don't see a reason for the gem to even exist. Even on poe ninja every build I see that has it either has it due to a weapon corruption, is using it on an auxiliary frenzy for a bit faster frenzy generation or on a shield dash for a bit faster dashing. It being deleted would make probably no impact on the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info