Maim

im curious about the maim support gem effect of "Enemies maimed by support skills take % increased physical damage"
im just wanting to confirm that this is a global debuff, which will apply to other skills and not just the support skill.

as in, its applied with support skill, say your totem, then the target will take increased physical damage from all sources?

im pretty certain this is how it works, but path of building does not calculate this.
"
Completed 27 ChallengesxMustard wrote:
im curious about the maim support gem effect of "Enemies maimed by support skills take % increased physical damage"
im just wanting to confirm that this is a global debuff, which will apply to other skills and not just the support skill.

as in, its applied with support skill, say your totem, then the target will take increased physical damage from all sources?

im pretty certain this is how it works, but path of building does not calculate this.

Enemies maimed by a skill linked with the Maim support will take increased physical damage from all sources. This includes other skills, spells, even entities other than you such as your minions or other players.

Enemies maimed in another way that is not the Maim support (for example, the Tombfist gloves) will not take any increased damage, even from skills which are linked with Maim.
Forum Tip: if you want a faster response from me, quote my post! Hit the 7yAzxCy button to the right of the post. This sends me a message so I can notice you sooner!

Guide: League Merges

If you want a serious answer, ask a serious question.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 8, 2018 10:27:37 PM
thats exactly what i figured, so pob just gets it wrong, or doesn't know how to incorporate its calculation or something.
"
Completed 27 ChallengesxMustard wrote:
thats exactly what i figured, so pob just gets it wrong, or doesn't know how to incorporate its calculation or something.

Path of Building only has a single checkbox "Is the enemy Maimed". It does not distinguish where the maim is coming from. If you have any attack skill linked with Maim, and tick the box, PoB will assume that this is the source of maiming, and adjust your damage numbers appropriately.

This should result in accurate results in most common situations - what exactly are you trying to do, and what are you (not) seeing?
Forum Tip: if you want a faster response from me, quote my post! Hit the 7yAzxCy button to the right of the post. This sends me a message so I can notice you sooner!

Guide: League Merges

If you want a serious answer, ask a serious question.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 9, 2018 12:27:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info