Decay

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Aug 3, 2022, 7:20:49 PM
With the same grafic effects as poison, does it count as poison?
And even if it works, it doesnt show damage in the tooltip or char info.
"
c0815h wrote:
With the same grafic effects as poison, does it count as poison?

No.
it would be very useful to see a tooltip dps. i like it to see the poison dmg and all, why not this one.
Is this affected by the spell used to cast it, or is it entirely seperate?
I tried slapping it onto Essence drain, and my DPS plummeted heavily, as expected, but I'm not sure what the difference would actually be.
Aka, if I used it on Essence Drain, would it benefit from spell damage like Essence Drains Debuff does?
I assume not, and I assume as well that it doesn't get spread by Contagion, but I'm not entirely sure.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
not sure, this feels so detached from the other mechanics. Poison already stacks, so i'm not sure what I need another Chaos DOT for.
And the tooltip/Char screen display desperately needs to be fixed.
Well, if this benefitted from Essence Drain mechanics, it'd have it's niche. Otherwise, it just looks like it was made obsolete by the Ailment changes before it even had a chance to be properly used.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I heard poison kills from minions are counted as the player kills so is it the same with decay?
Will MF gems work with this setup:
Speaker's Wreath (minions can't kill because no enemies are ignited)
+ minion + Decay + IIR + IIQ gems

IGN: Drusek
Hi Guys,

I'm currently using this gem unfortunately, I have more questions than answers(feedback).
If anyone that knows would be so kind as to provide some answers that would be fantastic!

My Character "The_SeaHag" is a Necro level 89.
I am currently using DS(Decay Support) 4 linked with SRS(Summon Raging Spirit),
Minion Damage and Spell Echo.
I am using Wither on a totem to slow and Chaos debuff the badguys.
I am also using Zombies and Spectres.

From my perspective, my hardest hitting abilities are my 4 linked Spectres and the
Caustic Cloud my Stone Golem leaves when I resummon him(Beacon of Corruption talent).
Neither of which are using Decay Support.

My questions:
1. Do minion damage bonuses affect DS damage when applied to a mob via a minion?

2. Do duration gems and/or talents affect DS duration?

2a. If yes, can extended duration features/gems/talents affecting SRS affect DS
negatively for DPS?

3. Does DS damage stack like poison(multiple applications with SRS)?

4. Is "Decay" an Ailment and/or affected by Ailment passives?

I apologize in advance if any of these are dumb questions. I have very little time in the game and have lots to learn. I have done some searching and have been unable to locate the specific answers to the above questions especially, Post 3.0 Beta info.

I linked my talent tree below. I am unsure how to link my character sheet with it's gear.

Thank you for your time!

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAPuBLMGOQZJDXwQlxEtE2wWbxpsGyUc3B2-Ht8i9CSqKPopTyqYLJwy0TOHNZI26TkLOtg9Dz8nQYdCS0QERUdHhUjnSU9KyEuuTLNNuU9WT31RYFfJWW1akV-YaPJqrGvbbAttGW6qe8N8g3y7fRiAVoKbgseC5IUyhWCIQIqvjHaPGo9GkBGQM5Mnly2bipuhnjyhL6IApqynCKh9qsSzP7Xytz64k7yqvk--ir68v5fAZsk9zLzPMtOP0_vVpti92QvZW9le2t3fiuNq5CLpAuvu7Djsg-yK8B_yHvMG99f56PqA-6r-Cv6B?accountName=IronLeg&characterName=The_SeaHag
Last edited by IronLeg on Sep 10, 2017, 5:07:52 PM
"
IronLeg wrote:
1. Do minion damage bonuses affect DS damage when applied to a mob via a minion?

2. Do duration gems and/or talents affect DS duration?

2a. If yes, can extended duration features/gems/talents affecting SRS affect DS
negatively for DPS?

3. Does DS damage stack like poison(multiple applications with SRS)?

4. Is "Decay" an Ailment and/or affected by Ailment passives?

1. I don't know, but logically it should. Minion Damage, such as when using the Scourge claw (causes minion damage to apply to your character), is treated as general Damage, and affects everything.

2. Increasing the duration of Damage Over Time effects does not decrease their damage. As in, the damage isn't divided by the total duration. The total damage listed in the gem description is there for the convenience of the end-user. Put simply, increasing duration increases the total damage. This is because it deals a set amount of damage every few milliseconds, and duration just means more or less milliseconds.

3. No. Decay is not Poison. Only Poison stacks. All other Damage Over Time effects, such as Ignite, Bleed, Caustic Cloud, and Decay, do not stack.

4. No, I don't think so.

By the way, Decay applied by your minions will not benefit from your passive tree, such as the duration nodes, because the minions are the ones applying Decay, not you. Duration passives will only affect the summoned minion's lifespan, as it's part of the spell you cast, not the duration of anything the summoned minion creates.
Last edited by Hercanic on Sep 15, 2017, 12:56:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info