Question about the different armor types for a summoner/dual totem templar

As the title states I am going for a a dual totem summoner build and I am fairly unsure what type of base armor will best benefit me. Also I am playing on hardcore.

Things to know about my build:
1. Stacking health - not going CI
2. Using dual ice spear totems and getting all minion nodes for added safety - should be able to not get hit very often by trash mobs
3. Will be getting a lot of int - which scales better with pure es armor

So with those things understood I am getting the feeling that pure energy shield armor will be better than going the hybrid or pure armor route.

My general reasoning behind this is that armor will not be helpful at all against large hits, where energy shield and a fairly large health pool will be. The armor/es hybrid gear does not have enough of either to seem all that useful for my build since I will be able to avoid damage fairly often, probably often enough to have my energy shield start to recharge.

To me it seems that the armor you end up getting for the armor/es hybrid gear is negligible and you simply do not get enough energy shield for it to be useful.

Is my reasoning flawed here? Any feedback would be very helpful!
How are you going to deal with large groups of small mobs? Do you have enough crit to keep a diamond flask up against them whenever you encounter them? Do you have any additional nodes that increase ES? Otherwise your ES will be really low and you are better off with hybrid gear.

Please post your skilltree.
I plan to deal with large groups of small mobs by not getting hit all that often and when I do having enough health and ES to absorb some of the damage while I bail and let my minions tank. I have a different templar that is a summoner/freeze pulser with very little armor and that has worked out fine, lvl 73 in hardcore. I just think that it may possible be better to dump the armor and just go pure es.

My skill tree will look something like this. With the general idea of taking health and es nodes first, then dual totems, then minion nodes for merciless.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbbaGfVM5ihBpMJeCmylPnYCDOBRNogDwHwSz7DgaOKeEkFXAGlnzWissp6Py5CIabJ2upwi4k49G0NDPZVXGFm-boffXzLyFYKrETblEBBCXrJhOuuTr41bZCyqY-oAMfRB_xp7N-nyDES2OviycVkqVBK-bSbIC42vbfRjsinNTwFR5Awj0i3qnK-L3MYgRULvWO-FtGcHzoqN_xsHF7BjDbX5Zp1xJUTrYTdiMdmaeqZVRYBoygFZPfdrd

BTW do you mean granite flasks? And yea I would with how ice spear works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info