[3.0] Bleed 2H Gladiator

It's not a tested build, just my theorycrafting
So, I've been thinking about making this build, but I was never really good with creating builds, so I'm going to post my ideas here, and maybe you guys will help me make something usefull out of it.

So the main idea is to make it crit-bleed, as in the title
BUILD
I want to build around this item Kondo's Pride
Probably also go for Haemophilia and/or Voidheart

I have no idea about the skills yet, as I have no experience as duelist, sweep however seems very effective.

So, what do you guys think? Could it be viable thing?
Last edited by Niesyto32 on Aug 9, 2017, 7:14:20 PM
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2017, 10:50:33 AM
I've updated the tree according to some tips I got
You said crit but picked up Resolute Technique which makes it so you can't crit. Only thing that jumped out at me.
Going Gladiator doesn't really make sense to me since the Gladiator Ascendancy nodes are primarily used for one handed + shield or dual wielding.

I'm assuming you're wanting the bleed stuff by traveling to Blood In the Eyes, but there's two wasted nodes there.

Going to Outmach and Outlast makes 0 sense since nothing helps you for two handed in that direction.

And there's nothing else that's going to help you in the rest of the tree - you're never going to block, so all those nodes are pointless. You'd be going Gladiator to get two nodes and waste 6 points.

Going Slayer is more beneficial since it'll give you massively increased phys damage, and since bleed is based off the physical damage hits you deal, that'll benefit you much more than the nodes in the Gladiator tree. It's likely also that you should get Headsman, so the reflected physical damage will be mitigated by a large percentage. Finally, you get a huge amount of life leech as well from the tree for two handed weapons, which is simply good to keep yourself alive.

Edit:

I also looked at your tree more closely, and I don't think you're fully taking advantage of the benefits of using Kondo's pride. Specifically,

"50% chance to cause Bleeding on Critical Strike" and "50% increased Melee Damage against Bleeding Enemies."

You get Resolute Technique which just means you never crit, and you're also not getting anything in the passive tree to help your crit chance either.

I made a quick tree I think that makes more sense than what you have right now, but it's kindof low on +% Maximum Life, but I think it'll give you more of an idea of what I mean, if any of it is reasonable.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAQBAAHnBS0GIAaiB3UMcA2NDjwQ8BRNFHEUdRXsF9wYkRjbGlUbqhx1IVUj9iT9JyAnnyxkLPstMC5TL9cwfDGwM9k26DklOlI7tkCgQzFFmkWpR35KfUz_TZJOKlFHWp9br14TYSFhUmMXZU1mtmegdKB07XaseHp674E6ggeE2YTvhaeGtIdqh3aI7YoiivCNfZAKkn2Yb6OKpTWpJ6mUqfqqpK2NsoC5HbyfvTa-p8CmwQfKkMv1z37Tb9RS137ZfNrB3CPcJ9w93L3h7-Of5c_nD-dU6UbpduoY7dfuDu9O8kHyWvVh9zL46_xL_MX_3g==
Last edited by Aengil on Aug 9, 2017, 10:28:12 PM
Ok, so I have the following options to evolve this build
a) Stay with Kondo's pride, swap the ascendancy class, allocate 3 points in bleed to compensate for different ascendancy
b) Stay with Gladiator ascendancy, don't go for Kondo's Pride
c) Get rid of both Kondo and Gladiator, go for something else (axes for example have huge benefit for bleed, or stay with the swords)
d) Go 1H or dual-wielding
Am I correct? Those are the possibilities to optimise the build
"
Niesyto32 wrote:
Ok, so I have the following options to evolve this build
a) Stay with Kondo's pride, swap the ascendancy class, allocate 3 points in bleed to compensate for different ascendancy
b) Stay with Gladiator ascendancy, don't go for Kondo's Pride
c) Get rid of both Kondo and Gladiator, go for something else (axes for example have huge benefit for bleed, or stay with the swords)
d) Go 1H or dual-wielding
Am I correct? Those are the possibilities to optimise the build

a) Since you're not going to go with Crimson Dance to stack bleed from what I can tell, you don't actually really need % chance to bleed from the skill tree, since you're most likely going to get a bleed proc pretty quickly, seeing as how you're going to be stacking crit so Kondo's pride will apply a bleed with its unique passive.
b) Correct. Kondo's pride is a 2hander, so going Gladiataor would be a huge waste.
c) Always an option.
d) Also correct, 1h + shield or dual-wielding will work well with the Gladiator Ascendancy.
Axes acually looks like a good option. Lots of cool uniques, some good pasives in the tree, and the stats required to wear axes suit my build (it's pretty low on dex, so I would have to either add even more changes or depend on stat increase from items). I think I'm going to look into that and post another version of my build.
"
Aengil wrote:

I also looked at your tree more closely, and I don't think you're fully taking advantage of the benefits of using Kondo's pride. Specifically,

"50% chance to cause Bleeding on Critical Strike" and "50% increased Melee Damage against Bleeding Enemies."

You get Resolute Technique which just means you never crit, and you're also not getting anything in the passive tree to help your crit chance either.

I made a quick tree I think that makes more sense than what you have right now, but it's kindof low on +% Maximum Life, but I think it'll give you more of an idea of what I mean, if any of it is reasonable.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAQBAAHnBS0GIAaiB3UMcA2NDjwQ8BRNFHEUdRXsF9wYkRjbGlUbqhx1IVUj9iT9JyAnnyxkLPstMC5TL9cwfDGwM9k26DklOlI7tkCgQzFFmkWpR35KfUz_TZJOKlFHWp9br14TYSFhUmMXZU1mtmegdKB07XaseHp674E6ggeE2YTvhaeGtIdqh3aI7YoiivCNfZAKkn2Yb6OKpTWpJ6mUqfqqpK2NsoC5HbyfvTa-p8CmwQfKkMv1z37Tb9RS137ZfNrB3CPcJ9w93L3h7-Of5c_nD-dU6UbpduoY7dfuDu9O8kHyWvVh9zL46_xL_MX_3g==

I edited that tree a little in Path of Building, i now have 100% to cause bleeding without going beyond the cap of 100. (i think thats how it works like poison. 1 bleed stack per hit max) You also have 225% inc life, 36% inc evasion and 178% inc armour.
Just put cyclone in there as test skill, could use other stuff.
https://pastebin.com/s95t7Vwx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info