Thoughts on Act 10 final boss fight's difficulty?

Edit - Old noob post, it's actually really easy now xd.
Last edited by DoctorHiruruluk on Sep 20, 2019, 5:54:50 AM
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2017, 7:15:53 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
World first hardcore Kitava kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaUn2sHJrgM

Teleport scroll meta.
Well, I was playing a Gladiator attempting to make it max block. I went into the fight with approximately 52 block for attacks and spells. 4.1k life, 10k dps sunder...I got him 1/4 of the way down before I got 1 shot by a mine.

This is with almost 60% physical damage reduction and max res. The fire he spreads would kill me in about 4 seconds if I stand in it.

The fight is ridiculous and the fact that I can't just bypass it frustrates me. Will start another character tomorrow I suppose...maybe It will be scaled down a bit in the future.
Yes, you need to have a six link and be quite tanky. The only characters i've got through with no or few deaths are six link (cheap chest or tabula rasa) attacks with a totem (needed to fight on your behalf when you are running around in defensive mode.

One character i got through with went straight to t5 maps and faced tanked the boss (dunes i think). That might be an indication about how over powered this fight is.

One character (on another frum entry) said that it is easy if you have the right pantheon, but totally neglected to mention what that was, therefore removing all credibility.

There is nothing outside the arena to prepare you for the beating you are about to recieve - basically the same as all PoE boss fights.

anyways. I agree, mandating the fight and OP'ing it is stupid.

X
"
- If i wanted to do the act 10 Kitava fight on a level 65-70 character without any expensive gear using a single portal ( edit - i meant no portals ) and solo, what kind of build/setup would i need and also can someone tell me how to properly deal with act 10 Kitava's mechanics ? P.S - in this challenge builds using any form of instant recovery are forbiden ( no VP or stuff like Berserker's warcry 2 pointer, only instant flasks are allowed )

4k+ hp
Max Fire Res
2-3 Life flasks where 2 is instant ones
1 Ruby Flask (very important for the fire phase)
Try to get some phys mitigation.

If you get all that, what your going to run into as the next issue is damage output when dealing with the adds during the heart phase.
If it's too low the adds gona build up and make it very hard to clear, whats high enough is very build dependant...
"
xyllywyt wrote:
Yes, you need to have a six link and be quite tanky. The only characters i've got through with no or few deaths are six link (cheap chest or tabula rasa) attacks with a totem (needed to fight on your behalf when you are running around in defensive mode.
X

Got through with my raider Spectral Throw toon. Once again, six link and a totem. Way OP for my damage, so heart phase was over in seconds. Died once as i expected the pantheon god "Soul of Abberath" would save me from the burning ground, it didn't. I died as I had no life flasks left and couldn't TP fast enough.

Tho on the 2nd burning ground i found one of the corners was safe.

X
Don't even bother to understand the emanation of shitiness this fight is.

What you actually need:

1. Decoy totem.

2. Full stack of town portals.

Hit and run in circles (or ellipses if you prefer, along with other geometric shapes if you wish - it's up to you). TP when needed.

Done. Run to maps and never look back.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 20, 2017, 7:19:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info