Horrible Fps since 3.0

"
Hijjawi wrote:
"
rau1duke wrote:
Good job GGG, good job. Earlier your game just looked like a sh#t, but now it in addition lag like a sh#t.

+1

They seem not to care.. instead of fixing problems.. they are launching more stuff and making more MTX shit.. but never try to fix the issue that the masses are having.. as long as the top 5% are paying and they are getting money.. screw the rest of the player base..

But you know this game is free to play (without pay2win shit) and pretty much awesome, right?
"
mchang wrote:
"
Hijjawi wrote:
"
rau1duke wrote:
Good job GGG, good job. Earlier your game just looked like a sh#t, but now it in addition lag like a sh#t.

+1

They seem not to care.. instead of fixing problems.. they are launching more stuff and making more MTX shit.. but never try to fix the issue that the masses are having.. as long as the top 5% are paying and they are getting money.. screw the rest of the player base..

But you know this game is free to play (without pay2win shit) and pretty much awesome, right?

I know.. and w all appreciate that.. its just frustrating that since 2.5 there were issues.. that never got solved at 2.6 and now at 3.0 they didnt fix some but add some more..and lets not go thru the a,b,c and d patches that messed up with the masses
Last edited by Hijjawi on Sep 2, 2017, 5:45:20 AM
they'll fix it soon
"
mchang wrote:
they'll fix it soon

Hope so, lots of disconnects here.
Hope they release a 4.0 patch that fix all problems hehe.
"
mchang wrote:
they'll fix it soon

So you didn't read about this :

Spoiler
I've noticed that between the times I played at launch, 1.2, 2.3, and now 3.0, all of the old particle effects for spells, MTX, and environments were never optimized. Some of the newer visuals don't lag, things introduced much more recently. However, older effects like any ground effect on a map mod, crush my framerate to this day. It runs exactly like it did on release day. I've conducted all the same optimizations back then as I did now, including more with the new graphics features. To no surprise, no graphics option affects this. Breaches, Harbingers, party play in general, MTX heavy players, and any other old effect from the older days of this game still destroys my frame rate. The only thing I haven't done is RAMdisk the entire game, which is a ludicrous notion in and of itself to fix an FPS problem. I quit hardcore in this game because I dislike conducting combat at 20-40 FPS, sometimes less.

Windows 7 64-bit (in all setups)
My specs back during 1.2 and earlier with the same effect/particle-related lag:
AMD Phenom II X4 945
Old MSI MOBO (cannot recall the model, but it wasn't bad)
6 gigs of 1333 Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM
Radeon 4850 HD
SB Audigy 2 ZS Gold
The game was installed on a Kingston SSD Stripe (Raid 0) for instant loads. I had the Shader cache on a RAMdisk, but it didn't really help. GGPK was defragmented, and the config file was heavily tweaked for performance.

Currently, including some overlap with 2.3:
i5-4690k
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
8 Gigs of Corsair 1333 Mhz RAM (9-9-9-24 iirc)
GTX 970 4 Gig Windforce (stock clocks with boost enabled)
Samsung EVO 500 gig SSD (TRIM enabled, ofc)
ASUS Xonar DGX

I had also used a Phenom II X6 1100T BE at stock (3.3ghz) and overclocked (as high as 4.0 ghz) with a Radeon 7870 prior to doing a full upgrade..

I've tweaked up and down Nvidia Inspector and the Control Panel. GGPK is defragmented, I've played with the graphics options in-game. Drivers are updated (including BIOS), and I only have my GPU driver (no GeForce Experience crap). I've played with HPET settings (properly; CMD console as well as BIOS settings). I've used software sound and standard. I've tried Windowed and Fullscreen. VSync and just a frame limiter. Config file tweaking just like before. I run virtually nothing but necessary system processes in the background, as I've disabled all unnecessary system services. I've gone and removed all of Microsoft's burdensome telemetry updates to windows. I've used Lockstep (stable 50 FPS to Washington and Texas servers), and Predictive (much less sluggish and not prone to random stutters). DirectX9, DX9EX, DX11, all the same. Engine multithreading functions, but its impact for me is minor. It alleviates some stutter, but doesn't help overall framerate. I've disabled the chat logging function and cleared the map cache as well.

Heat isn't an issue (and never has been), as I always check that if I'm getting performance problems. I rebuilt my PC with additional air flow and watercooling, so no surprise that isn't causing trouble now, either.

There isn't much else I could do to try and make this game run better. It has always run terribly, and continues to do so. Framerate is erratic, and the only place I even get good FPS anymore is in my hideout. Even in town it tanks due to all of the MTX players have now. Just firing my Lightning Arrow into a pack of mobs causes a small hiccup/dip in FPS.

I've played this game off and on for years, from its official release, and here and there, to now. Mostly, I played hardcore leagues in the beginning. But the awful performance of this game is a huge downer and saps the enjoyment from the endgame. Playing with others is actively discouraged because of this performance. Running in 6 man parties for master rotations is all I can stomach because 13-20 FPS is not enjoyable.

I didn't play in 2.6, so I don't know if it ran better then. This is really the only game I can't get a stable 60 FPS out of in all but the most desolate of places, and only the second game I've ever quit purely on the basis of performance issues. If this game ran like Diablo 3, it would be a much nicer experience.

or This https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1352458

Game has become worse and worse over months and years, i don't see the point of coming here to say they'll fix it without any proof or anything nor the point of repeating its a great F2P game except generate more frustration for the future, that won't make problems disapear for players here, random predictions too. These performance problems aren't solved for years and make players quit after wasting hours in looking hard to make the game runs better, each new league is worst or for the best, doesn't change anything. Even high configs can't no longer make 3/4 parties . Everyone is aware its a F2P(hm premium tabs) and a great game, thats why there is a lot of frustration about all of these issues.

I don't see why we would trust in such random predictions when nothing is made to beleive in it. We're at the point that players need a real work from GGG, not just a prediction from nowhere .

Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
"
MisterER wrote:
Game has become worse and worse over months and years

Cry us a river next time.

"
MisterER wrote:
These performance problems aren't solved for years and make players quit after wasting hours in looking hard to make the game runs better, each new league is worst or for the best, doesn't change anything.

That's so full of it. Yes, I agree there are performance problems now, happened in 2.6 with Legacy league and again with 3.0, not over "months and years". And granted, ground effects have always been an issue. But there were huge performance boosts in 2.0 (desync fixes) and 2.3.3 (multithreading). You complain about everything with PoE, from servers to the client, over and over again, like a broken record. That's all you do on the forums.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 3, 2017, 11:17:31 AM
SAME HERE!!! :(

I used to float around 75 Fps on my laptop with GT 650M, and now my fps fluctuates every .00001 seconds ranging from ~7 to 50 fps.

ITS BECOME ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO PARTY AND JOIN OTHER PEOPLE IN MAPS, any fancy spell casters really jam my shiiiiiiii and i can't even keep up with them, everything fkin freezes, delays and jams, all the bad stuff happening at once!!!

I've gone through the trouble of finding fixes to the FPS, tweaks etc, and barely any difference (it might even have gotten worse, I just can't tell at this point), I've messed around with all kinds of absurd setting tests on the Nvidia control panel as well.

JESUSSS GGG, PLEASE, This is not an mmorpg like GW2 or some other massive third/first person rpgs. It's an ARPG, and I just can't understand what exactly have you put in this 3.0 update, that suddenly causes all of us to suffer :(..

Started to play this game in 3.0, and i'll have to say that i really enjoy playing it, but the FPS problem is real even in Solo play, depending what map and how much mobs, but especially if you wanna play in group with some friends, you just can't.
bump. ggg please fix
bump. ggg please fix

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info