Horrible Fps since 3.0

I have had 0 issues with poe before 3.0 and now i get really horrible spikes in fps. The onscreen fps overlay shows i hover from 360 - 400 fps but then randomly plummet every few seconds, even with gsync these stutters are horrible and i cannot understand why.

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

This is me just running in circles in twilight strand.
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2018, 6:24:40 AM
I'm having the same issue pretty much. My game is freezing/stuttering constantly despite having 120+ fps. Additionally, also had sound tearing about 15 mins from playing the game.

I've been playing since Beta probable and only started seeing this since Atlas expac or just prior to it.

PC Specs -

Processor: Core i7 4720 HQ @ 2.6 Ghz
Memory: 16 GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 980M (4GB)

Would really like some help, I can't play the game at all!
IGN: Vaelfor
Same Here.

i5 and gtx 1050. Hardware health seems ok before, while and after stresstesting.
Could these fps issues be related to dynamic resolution?

I had 144fps pretty much always (except for rain + burning ground and when tons of sfx were going on) but now in 3.0 my fps jumps all over the place, from 144 down to 60 up to 90 down to 40 up to 120 etc.
Guys, try to turn the Network settings in the UI to Predictive instead of Lockstep.

The stuttering disappeared, but it's replaced with pretty frequent De-Sync, this is from Singapore gateway.
IGN: Vaelfor
Last edited by DreamAwaken on Aug 5, 2017, 12:28:35 PM
I also get very low FPS/High Frame Time. 25-50 fps in A6 town, <20 fps sometimes while fighting. Frame Time is 13-20ms.

R9 390
I5 2500k @4.5ghz
8gb RAM

Everything is on the lowest setting.
I was doing fine for the most part (Using Radeon 9x up to date drivers, but DX9 in game) - until I got to Koam's zone.

Then it went to 5-7 fps HARD.
He killed me twice just because I could not even see him.

Never had a framerate issue before, even in beta, until they implemented that horrible DX11 death patch (1 week before FoO release). Now the video quality is utter shit no matter what DX version you're running.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
2.6 FPS was better, stuttery, but better. Now with 3.0 it's a mess.
I'm getting drops from 60 to exactly 30 in specific areas (The Mud Flats, Southern Forest) when using DX11. Game runs fine on DX9/Ex.

Going to play on DX9 until it's fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info