[3.3] BloodFlurry (18+ mill dps), Instant Leech, Inc. Hardcore Version (Elder/Shaper/Guardians/Uber)

hey. will this build work with mirror ambusher?
"
c0reman wrote:
hey. will this build work with mirror ambusher?

why not, just change claw nodes to dagger ones, u probably gonna end up with less dps but still with like 5-10 times more then needed for most things
hi, i'm using this build but at level 36 with both herald and hatred i have big mana problem how can i solve?
"
GIgne wrote:
hi, i'm using this build but at level 36 with both herald and hatred i have big mana problem how can i solve?

Hi, get Elreon Rings. They have a Mod that reduces Manacost of Skills. One with -8 Mana cost should be sufficient another one would lower the Cost even to 0.
IGN: MsPoopyButthole
sorry doublepost, forum works fine sigh.

Im leveling this currently in Harbinger im hoping it will be my boss killer, but so far Im concerned i won't reach enough EHP.
Last edited by HanGtimE on Aug 14, 2017, 5:05:35 AM
While this build actually is ok, there are a lot of things "wrong" with it, especially from a beginner standpoint.

1. Better than mirror worthy perfect gear, not gonna happen

2. Abyssus with no defense other than Vaal Pact (as far as I can tell), this will lead to a lot of frustration if your damage is too low. You can probably use a Lightning Coil, but this will make res capping harder.

3. Unwavering stance from your boots, combined with Abyssus is probably not helping either (you will always be hit, Abyssus makes those hits take more damage.)

4. Melee damage on full life will not work with blood rage.

5. Damage is calculated with enemies "shocked", that will not happen when using Elemental Focus.

6. Blood Rage with Vaal Pact is annoying.

As I said, this build is still not bad, even with all the problems, the structure of it is sound, but (and especially if you are a new player) you should be aware of the issues.

I swapped Herald of Ash with Herald of Ice + Curse on hit + Assasin's Mark, this helps me keep power charges up, I also removed some damage nodes to get the dodge nodes, and will probably get a Carcass Jack to help with clear speed.

Blood Rage and Vaal Pact is still annoying, though...

The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
"
Gilgamesjh wrote:
While this build actually is ok, there are a lot of things "wrong" with it, especially from a beginner standpoint.

1. Better than mirror worthy perfect gear, not gonna happen

2. Abyssus with no defense other than Vaal Pact (as far as I can tell), this will lead to a lot of frustration if your damage is too low. You can probably use a Lightning Coil, but this will make res capping harder.

3. Unwavering stance from your boots, combined with Abyssus is probably not helping either (you will always be hit, Abyssus makes those hits take more damage.)

4. Melee damage on full life will not work with blood rage.

5. Damage is calculated with enemies "shocked", that will not happen when using Elemental Focus.

6. Blood Rage with Vaal Pact is annoying.

As I said, this build is still not bad, even with all the problems, the structure of it is sound, but (and especially if you are a new player) you should be aware of the issues.

I swapped Herald of Ash with Herald of Ice + Curse on hit + Assasin's Mark, this helps me keep power charges up, I also removed some damage nodes to get the dodge nodes, and will probably get a Carcass Jack to help with clear speed.

Blood Rage and Vaal Pact is still annoying, though...

First things first, be sure to have the latest build imported into your Path of Building. Second, I'll clear up some of your confusion below.

1. This is not an issue, It's gear to strive for. You can modify the gear to your liking and check your DPS afterward. For example, I'm using the Unique Claw "Touch of Anguish" which can reach 20+ million DPS easily with decent gear (not mirrored). In the meantime I'm crafting a 'rare' claw with more DPS. Same with everything else, you use the best gear you have until you find/buy/craft something better.

2. Abyssus is mainly supposed to be used for tough bosses (i.e. Shaper), for mapping you can easily replace the helmet with something more defensive and you'll still one shot all the mobs. It's called item swapping based on circumstance.

3. Again, it's meant for serious bosses. You don't have to map with Abyssus.

4. Update your PoB with the pastebin from the original post, we no longer use blood rage as it is not needed.

5. Elemental focus is an optional choice (depending on the colors that you have, and/or if you wish to use blood rage). Otherwise we are using Damage on Full Life (not elemental focus). We actually do "shock" with Damage on Full Life.

Another optional choice (if using Elemental Focus) is to use Vaal Lightning Trap which will provide the shock effect. However, Damage on Full Life is better in most circumstances and thus your hits will shock by default (due to crits).

6. We don't use Blood Rage. It's an optional choice if you are using elemental focus.

7. Your statement about how Blood Rage is annoying tells me that you may actually not be using it properly. Blood Rage is very easy to use once you get used to it. Place the Blood Rage gem in your weapon, when engaging mobs (and/or bosses) activate Blood Rage. After the fight is over you can simply de-activate Blood Rage by doing a weapon swap (tap 'x' twice). Once you get used to this, it is not an issue at all.

Quoting the original post:

"You may make your own changes as you see fit, and keep in mind that the build is subject to change (i.e. more improvements based on test results in this league). You may also use Path of Building to import your character to see which improvements would benefit you the most. I highly suggest using Path of Building to help "guide" you with your gear/tree."
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Aug 14, 2017, 11:26:07 AM
ty
I like your builds and stream but you keep optimizing this build for boss fights,which I think is confusing while trying to level this build. So without Blood Rage there are almost no Frenzy Charges while mapping. So why bother skill into them if they are only active for bosses, saves me 4 passives. Using HoA might also be only better for boss-only situation and not for mapping. You have to seperate those, this build has many flaws as it is right now.
No one just does bosses all day, most of the time its clearing a map and you keep optimizing it for the 20 seconds boss fights.

Also im not even reaching 300k dps with lvl80 BF and Touch of Anguish :D, wtf am I doing wrong.

another example for this is: you don't even use a hp flask anymore, bleeding will rip people apart who think 5 unique flasks will be good idea xD
Last edited by HanGtimE on Aug 14, 2017, 1:04:44 PM
"
HanGtimE wrote:
I like your builds and stream but you keep optimizing this build for boss fights,which I think is confusing while trying to level this build. So without Blood Rage there are almost no Frenzy Charges while mapping. So why bother skill into them if they are only active for bosses, saves me 4 passives. Using HoA might also be only better for boss-only situation and not for mapping. You have to seperate those, this build has many flaws as it is right now.
No one just does bosses all day, most of the time its clearing a map and you keep optimizing it for the 20 seconds boss fights.

Also im not even reaching 300k dps with lvl80 BF and Touch of Anguish :D, wtf am I doing wrong.

another example for this is: you don't even use a hp flask anymore, bleeding will rip people apart who think 5 unique flasks will be good idea xD

In a perfect world, the guide will have an answer to all questions before they are even asked. With that said the guide is subject to change and when I have time I'll provide more information to address new questions.

The main key factor to playing this game is the knowledge of the player and how the player plays the game. If you don't understand the mechanics of the game and how to deal with them then it's something that you as a player needs to work on. So, let me help you address some of your concerns below.

1. This build is designed to do maps and bosses (not just bosses as you have pointed out).

2. Frenzy Charges can be generated from several different places: Raider Ascendancy Node, Touch of Anguish, Claws Of The Magpie node, and Blood Rage. For mapping, if you so wish, you can use Blood Rage. That's why it's listed as an option. I've been playing this and am currently mapping, and I personally have no issues mapping. Though, I am using Charged Dash to map for now. So you can get max frenzy charges to maximize DPS, though it's not required.

3. HoA (Herald of Ash) is actually great for mapping, please be sure to read the effects of HoA. I quote "While you have this buff, if you kill an enemy with an attack, other enemies near them will be burned based on the overkill damage."

4. Flasks should be used based on circumstances, If you are doing mapping then I would recommend HP flasks with anti-bleed/anti-freeze. If you have watched my stream then you'll see that I actually am using 2 HP flasks while mapping.

5. Be sure to import the build in this guide into PoB and compare it to your imported character. This way you can see what the difference is and what you can improve upon.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Aug 14, 2017, 1:26:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info