[3.0] Full Lightning Sunder Raider

Hey guys,

I wanted to try sunder and came up with this Raider build. I always liked Raider speed with all that frenzy charges :) Now I used Path of Building and played around with Brain Rattler, full lightning conversion Raider and the numbers are awesome. Even without a flask or without shocked monsters, PoB tells me this build has >1.000.000 DPS (Sunder first + second form + Totem).

I call it "The Brain Raider"! Can someone please check my Path of Building numbers and tell me what might be wrong? Thanks guys! I will create a full build guide out of this as soon as I found any mistake :D

Path of Building Build Import Link: https://pastebin.com/ba43ebA9
6L: Sunder - Phys to Lightning - Multistrike - Ruthless - Melee Phys - Ele Damage with Attacks
Last edited by raggapaul on Aug 3, 2017, 3:10:09 AM
Last bumped on Aug 3, 2017, 10:50:25 AM
Since you wont be using A.Protector while clearing map, I would not recommend calculating it into your DPS. Even if you'd use A.Warchief to sawp in for AoE (or a support gem for splash/ 6. link), you'd be slower than just running with Sunder.

Other than that, I'd rather go with Avatar of the Veil ofr status immunity and movement speed - but that's personal preference and a drop of ~8% dps.

I like, that you do not need any Uniques besides the weapon. Should be well usuable as a starter and I am probably going to give it a try (bored of going Ngamahu or Warchief-Totem).

Since I got a ranger with a free reset, I will try it out on standard
Thank you for your feedback!

I used the Totem to calculate DPS because it near to real Boss DPS. We have 31% resistance penetration as well as -96% resistances due to curses. Even with lower curse effect the damage should be huge. If you ignore the Totem, its still 700k+ damage.

Btw for clearing I wouldnt use the totem. I tested the setup on Standard with bad gear and Iam sure I dont need the totem for map clearing :) But for bosses, its a nice addition. Especially considering the HP buff the bosses just received.
After testing it, here are my thoughts:

1. Herald of thunders int requirement is HUGE. ~160int for a level 20 gem. Unless you get the stats everywhere on your gear, you are better off without it.
1.b Same for Blasphemy + Curses

2. Imho Herald of Ash might be even better for the overkill-AoE.

3. 2nd curse due to which item/passive? Might be blind. Squeezed in a Heretics Veil for now (plus dual curse as aura if not in HV would reserve too much mana

4. might not be as good as starter as i though, b/c it needs ALOT int on gear, while it still needs res/life

5. more testing showed, that HoT is only little dps, ash instead is very helpful

6. struggled with bosses HP (couldnt get anywhere close to 1mil dps) and 3.0 their HP will be even higher

Overall it felt a bit lackluster on mobs with higher HP, while the trash clearing was fun (ash+sunder explosion combined is nice).
With good gear it might be realy nice, but i think, it will still be behind any popular build.

with no doubt, this is nowhere shaper/guardians viable unless you play very good (then any build kinda is).

Sorry
7. you set "enemy is shocked" - but you can not crit anymore, due to resolute technique

with everything disabled in configuration, your build has 76k dps - my char (with thrown-together items) has 65k, so i am pretty sure it can be compared
Last edited by Syrill_ on Jul 31, 2017, 9:16:49 AM
Tried it again. Damage is good, but it lacks defense. Biggest problem was stuns, so Kaoms Roots would be a good idea, probably with +1 frenzy corrupt.

Thx for the input. Will stick to my other build as a league starter :) does less damage but is more safe.
Still: where did ya get the 2nd curse from?
Doedres Damning or +1 curse corrupt on amulet :)
well you dodnt realy have the ring slot to use DDamning or you will struggle with resistances and +1 curs eona good ammy is rather rare :/

anything but a starer guide and too weak for a "main". sorry again.
This wasnt meant to be a full guide. I just stumlbed upon the numbers and needed feedback like yours.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info