[3.0] Builds idea for a beginner.

Hello guys.

Im here because i need help on path of exile builds. I am new to this game and i'll play it on the next patch 3.0. Never played it before, im more an mmorpg guys and this game seems complicated at first.
I understand how this game work (a little atleast) and i was wondering if magic build gonna be good/viable. By magic, i mean intel build.
I'm gonna play with 1 or 2 friends who had played it before but they dont know much about this game anymore.

Since im a beginner, i cant play endgame builds who need unique unaffordable for me. I heard some builds cost like 50ex, and i feel like i'll never have this much ^_^
I dont want a build who play for me like totem build. I saw few of them on youtube and im more like a guy who smash with my character.
Some people says intel build are gonne be so bad in 3.0, like they are nerfed to the end. I dont know if they are correct or not.
I dont like summon monster or anything, i prefer elemental skills like fire ou shock if they are any good builds with that =)

My plan is to clear maps solo and kill some bosses if i can. I dont want the most op build or broken things. I just want some good builds, who work good and dont need enormous knowledge.

I'm open for other builds. I might be falling in love with a melee or ranger build :) Already saw tornado shot and blade vortex, they seems cool and powerfull.

Thx in advance for your responses.
Peace.
Last edited by Sexylapinou on Jul 30, 2017, 7:55:17 PM
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2017, 8:42:36 AM
alot of builds can do what u aiming, but is better whait 3.0 patch notes to choise, so can clear said whats gonna be the best options
You should still wait a little bit before patch notes are released - there might still be some drastic change. Otherwise if you wanna self cast something probably frostbolt with the threshold jewels will be pretty safe bet - probably elementalist or inquisitor (potentionaly scion). I will be making some trees, but only after i have full information with the patch notes. Melee sunder Slayer/Glad/Berserker is one that probably wont get nerfed and performs pretty well - i can post you some path of building that i did for this already when i get home...
Last edited by Budacek on Jul 31, 2017, 3:44:27 AM
Hey, thanks for the answers. Problem is i wanna play on release, my friends wont wait me and i'm not going to enjoy leveling without them. I know there will be changes with patch, but its a risk to take :)

I dont acces to the scion class btw :/ yeah you can post me some of your build if you want. I have difficulties to understand some builds but i'll try my best.
"
Sexylapinou wrote:
Hey, thanks for the answers. Problem is i wanna play on release, my friends wont wait me and i'm not going to enjoy leveling without them. I know there will be changes with patch, but its a risk to take :)

I dont acces to the scion class btw :/ yeah you can post me some of your build if you want. I have difficulties to understand some builds but i'll try my best.

Unlock it then. You have plenty of time to get scion.
patchs notes gonna be posted 2 days before league start so no worries, all waiting for that to choise the build.
Yeah i understand that everyone wait the last days for choosing a build. But like i said, i dont really need the best broken build. I want some idea that might please my playstyle.
I just tried the vortex build to the lvl16 and i dislike that skill. So now i know i wont play an aura build.
There is so many build that i cant try them all until release. I just wanted some experienced guys to lead me into differents builds.
The only restrictions are that build need to be affordable like 3-5 ex (i heard i can farm that while leveling) and be polyvalent to clear map and boss.

But i'll wait until patch note and hop you guys will be here to help me :)
Last edited by Sexylapinou on Jul 31, 2017, 12:30:39 PM
Hi,

i (re)started poe this february again.
And i was looking for a smooth and beginnerfriendly build. Not expensive, but with the possibility to reach higher content with a bit of currency.

After some reading and watching videos i tried srs. Witch. And it was the best thing i had done.
It was easy, not expensive and i had time to "understand" the game mechanics. And it was without "walling", it was smooth.

I think u still can play srs in 3.0.
With the baron helmet later on it seems to be a solid build.

If you look at my character, "loootsie" is this srs witch (i try to test animate weapon, so the gems are weird)...
U see the bad equip, i think i bought the shoes (not expensive). And i reached lvl 81 in the league without that much currency.

Maybe srs is something for you?
Take a look at a firestorm build like that: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1460817

You can level with it from level 12 until "endgame".

One thing to do before the release of 3.0 would be leveling to around 30 until you can unlock siosa in the library act 3 where you can buy every skill gem to try out what you like.

I don't understand what you mean with intel build, maybe Energy Shield? Several of those will be fine in 3.0 but you are forced in certain spells or mechanics which might be hard to pull of for someone new.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info