On Balance Feedback and Charge Changes

I think ranger in general is in a worse situation than assassin now. The frenzy charge change basically kills those cool spell-based ranged builds you can go with deadeye/raider. Now they are simply a generic attack class.
Elementalist Ascendency - ELEMENTAL TOTEM ARE IMUNE TO ELEMENTAL DAMAGE;

Any wanna need to nerf it.
Because the are immortal in some builds.

Maybe make the DISAPEAR when the caster is death.
Or make it 85% elem. resist.
I am all for a refocusing of what charge powers do. Power charges now help you crit and do spell damage, frenzy charges now just help you move faster and do attack damage, while endurance charges try their best to make it so you don't die.

Along with this acceptance of the effects of the charges though, there is the concern that charge generating/using abilities/items might need their charge type changed or a way to utilize them added.

Hegemony's Era - probably swapped to frenzy charge with the refocus
Tulfall - a slight buff to frenzy charge synergy
Power Siphon - still doesn't really have all that much synergy with its charge type
Master Sapper - is giving frenzy charges currently (for traps)
Tinkerskin - is giving frenzy charges currently (for traps)
Ice Bite - is giving frenzy charges for freeze based kills, not something I would tie to attacking usually
Auxium - seems like frenzy charge would be better

Whirling Barrier - this one just seems off to me

Now, I am not looking at anything beta related (other than the revealed Tinkerskin), but those are my concerns.
Wonder when they'll change the deadeye ascendancy from projectile to strictly bow because otherwise it'll be too hard for the people on console to grasp. Its picture is a person using a bow after all.
So... because previously you couldn't apply chill and shock to bosses in small hits, now you made the changes so you still can't.

I am getting anything wrong?

The cap for a minimum 4% slow/damage taken... is the same concept than the cap for 300ms duration.

You needed to hit for 5% of target's life to apply chill/shock (minimum duration), and now you need to hit for 6,66%/4% of target's life (minimum effect).

Even worse, you can have increased Chill/shock duration... but I can't find any chill/shock effect outside the Unbound Ailments gem (unless you plan to change those passive nodes/jewel mods).

And freeze? It's weird that it's not in the same bundle of changes as chill/shock.

You mention nothing about removing immunities, which was clearly the most build-breaking inconvenience... But judging by Argus, that is now only immune to freeze...

Can freeze builds go rot in a hole? what is the balancing strategy for freeze? what does a 20% increased effect freeze looks like?

My suggestion: apply the Chill/Shock ignoring the cap, just make it 0% slow/damage taken if the cap doesn't reach 4%. Keep freeze the same way but give the bosses "freeze resistance", which is "40% less freeze effect". So a normal freeze will apply a 60% slow (for who knows how long), and a freeze with 30% increased effect (lvl 20 Unbound ailments support) will apply a 78% slow (for who knows how long). You would need 67% ailment effect to overcome the boss' resistance.
"
Visca wrote:
So... because previously you couldn't apply chill and shock to bosses in small hits, now you made the changes so you still can't.

Before you use CWDT + Vortex lvl 1 = instante chill = 30% less speed
or - Lighting trap = 50% More damage taken

The cap for a minimum 4% slow/damage taken... is the same concept than the cap for 300ms duration.
Last edited by MEZIR on Jul 29, 2017, 1:02:39 PM
Where's that 1m+ dps beta poison build, GGG?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This is why power creep is bad. You're paying the costs for it now... in real dollars spent fixing the issues you've caused. Note that in the future when someone comes up with a "cool idea" that makes players more powerful.

Did you mean to type this elsewhere or do you have this saved on a text file for easy mindless re use?

Shock/chill and charges have nothing to do with reducing power creep.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
TLDR... ok, i'm fibbing, this thread is waaay more entertaining than PoE at the moment.
I have nothing but respect for POE development team. We might not agree on certain issues, but overall since i joined during late breach i have been enjoying the game a lot, one mistake at a time.

This is why it will pain me a bit to call you out. You say your balancing team plays the game and are experts. Ok. I will believe you. But in light of this please take your time to explain to us your reasoning behind Grand Spectrum. If you have done such thing in the past, excuse my ignorance and if you would, just direct me towards it.

From what i can imagine, you guys decided the jewel is overpowered. Was it - no idea. I will just roll with it and assume it was. But the change made to it makes it inferior to magic jewels, to the point that even in a world with no other jewels, u would feel like the passives invested in slots are a pure waste. You talk about big picture and long term problems being solved. Naturally as regular player im unaware of such big things. It would make it much clearer for me, and as i imagine big chunk of community, if you would divulge the adressed issue that yet has to appear in the game when you make changes like that. For all i know, in next 3 expansions grand spectrum with current limit of 3 jewels would break the game and make it boring. In such case i would be very grateful if you would at least hint at such alarming issue incomming to the game mechanics, and if possible, keep the future troublemakers unchanged until they actually cause an issue.

With utmost respect

absolute noob with nearly no knowledge of mechanics

also power charges are too weak, you need to give them 400000% duration and make Vaal Pact work with ES on 2+ charges. /s

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info