On Balance Feedback and Charge Changes

"
"
fesru wrote:

Okay so what do you do so some builds (right now crit) don't just use both charges for twice the strength?
And at the same time how do you make it so there isn't a charge which is an always take for every single build.

Give an example.

You want me to give you examples of builds that you claim people make?
GGG has never steered me, or the game, wrong imo. Stay strong GGG; the silent majority is standing behind you!

I actually am really pleased with these changes GGG!
IMO people who cry about the charge-nerfs are players that looked 10 minutes into the forum to find the best OP-build, with that they can faceroll every content in the game with less then 15h playtime.
Now, with the charge-changes, you actually have to make decisions whether you want to play a spellcaster or an attack-build! You also cant have both charges granted en masse by a support swirling around you while he buffs your dmg by a potency of 4...

I think, eventho I am just a softcore [Removed by Support], making the game more challenging is exactly in which route the game should develop. We (or atleast me) dont want a Diablo 3 variant 2 where u can hold RMB to make 9screens explode in 0.5 seconds. We want a game where we can invest time to create supercool builds that maybe also require skill to use and not just -> get all the charges, get shock, get poisen, get CI, faceroll shaper asap, get bored after 1 week cause all challenges completed due to OP mechanics.

<33
Last edited by Al_GGG on Jul 28, 2017, 9:42:27 AM
GGG, Im totally okay with the new charge changes! Frenzy charges was the most popular type of charges and it was just absurd. After this changes we will actually have more variety for non crit and crit casters, some ascendancy classes will resurrect and its great!
Only one thing Im not sure with this changes is trapper builds. I guess you should think more about trap mechanics in general, or rebalance some unique items that provides charges so they will be more useful in new patch! Ty <3
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

We will re-evaluate the Power and Frenzy charges situation over the weekend. It would be very useful to hear your explanation of why certain builds or items have been damaged (or improved too much) by the change, with specifics and explanations. Many of the posts so far have just said "X is ruined". While the initial feedback has been somewhat helpful, proper discussion and analysis from the community will really help us fine-tune (or abandon) this change.

why frenzy nerf is bad by Bakedchicken
https://clips.twitch.tv/RichPrettyDootKeyboardCat
Last edited by ruzga on Jul 28, 2017, 9:34:41 AM
Im okay with nerfs but i think charges need to be global for build diversity to keep game "unique"
and casters can "easily" get %4 more spell damage per pcharge on tree;

so you can re-work with frenzy on tree for your "balance issue".
Last edited by Archmaester on Jul 28, 2017, 9:39:54 AM
Something to consider for the balance and design teams:

Simple things are good as well.

We had several broken mechanisms and OP things, everyone can agree to that. The problem here is that instead of simply tweaking stuff, you're going to redesign completely several areas of the game, with one week left before 3.0.

So let's see what we have now:

-the douple dipping removal looks like it will just turn in a complete failure right now. Playing as a dot build comes at the cost of survivability (no leech, more time for mobs to hit you), with the reward of doing less damage overall. Right, maybe some OP magical build still does crazy dps with poison or something, but for almost everyone else it's just a fail and that will turn all dot builds into very niche builds, at best.

-the new Bleed passive is almost as terrible as the new ailment one, they're both poor as dps as well as flavour and the bleed one removes the uniqueness of bleed... that same uniqueness that led to ailments changes to begin with

-now we have a complete change to how charges work. Frenzy charges not doing anything to spellcasters will render Raider, one of the most enjoyable ascendancies right now, useless for all magic-oriented builds (spellcasters, cast on something, cospri's...).

-do we have to even talk about all the uniques and various interactions suffering from this as well ? Did you really need to spend time reworking so many uniques and things just for this ?

-it takes about 10sec of quick math and a bit of gameplay experience on "how to kill a mob" to realize the new shock/chill are completely useless. Sorry but what were the conditions leading to someone thinking THIS was a good idea ? No offense but maybe you should just let the team have more sleep and relax a bit, and actually THINK and TRY the changes before throwing them at us ONE WEEK before release.

The list could go on and on. It's obvious the expansion is on a tight schedule, everything is late, there's a ton of stuff that still needs to be done, yet one week before release we get this rain of bad news, senseless nerfs and random stuff nobody asked about.

I'm pretty sure that instead of spending a lot of time and effort into ruining even more already broken mechanics and finding the most unexpected ways to nerf stuff, most players would just LOVE if you would instead spend that time into fixing everything that doesn't work and make all the useless gems and items useful at something.

That alone would probably multiply by 5 to 10 the actual build options and content of the game, instead of having us theorycraft around the 10 gems in the game that work properly and make sense.

Please, keep it simple. Tweak some numbers, just adding a bit more base damage or radius to half the gems in the game will open more build options than trying to reinvent a broken wheel when you're already late on schedule. Same for uniques.

I like to take the Dancing Dervish unique as a perfect exemple of what is wrong. A lot of hype, a lot of effort into designing unique mechanics, a beautiful item that had some passion put into it when being created. All turning into a vendor trash nobody sane will ever use because the item concept is so flawed that anyone with some poe experience will shake their heads when reading the tooltip.

And this is happening all over again, and again, and again. Sigh.

Please, stop racing forward and rushing to add more and more and more stuff. It's time to focus seriously on looking back and fixing all that is not right with the gems, uniques, and mechanics. But take real time for that, make it a whole expansion if it needs to be, rather than more broken changes on top of broken mechanics on top of useless uniques and ascendancies.
Last edited by Axylxys on Jul 28, 2017, 9:38:32 AM
Regardless of the feedbac the balancing changes in my opinion admit or not in most cases leading to totally destroying different skills and not make them even half as good as the current meta builds&skills , instead of ceafully tunning up and down the different mechanics around those skills and builds.
So many examples can be given from previous legues and years, where overtunned skills and builds were totally destroyed to the point , where no one play them nowdays. Who remember DD build for example , Incinerate and many so many others.Who play them nowdays ??? Now, keep in mind that some of the players who complain about different "OP" mechanics , builds and skills never touch Hardcore.I hope the balances and changes are really ceafull and wont make the Hardcore players life hell and lead to so many complains , once the new legue starts.I personally enjoy mostly the sc playstlye and I love watching the one and only Theorycrafting Master and Dried Lake King Nugiyen,the best hardcore player without a doubt.
Ok, Just make one charge that gives damage, cast and attack speed in smaller values
"
Chris wrote:
Our design, balance and QA team are experts at Path of Exile. I would not accept any less.

Being an expert at Path of Exile doesn't deny being crazy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info