When can I go Uber Lab?

Hey guys!

So I am playing a lvl 89 Champion, 5,2k HP, 200k+ DPS. But everytime I go in that damn Uber Lab, I die at the Aspirants Trial. Resistances are capped (not overcapped), 6k evasion and 8k Armour, Fortify. Everything I read tells me I shouldn't die to Izaro, but some of his attacks just 1 shot me, and I need to go Melee to damage him, so eventually he will hit me once or twice. I always try to turn off all conduits, dodge all traps on 3rd Trial etc.

When did you finish that Uber Lab? Should I try to get more HP? Kinda hard getting more, have high rolls of life on both Rings, Amulet, Gloves and Boots, and a mediocre one on my chest. I have the feeling the Abyssus is killing me, with 48% inc phys taken, but I need it to get decent DPS
Last edited by 4rmag3ddon on Jul 27, 2017, 5:36:18 AM
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2017, 12:51:13 PM
Actually, if you're in melee range he generally uses only his default attacks. Which should be ez tankable.
The only thing to watch for is bigass windslash(or sunder, depending on his weapons) which have a windup and therefore should be relatively easy to dodge manually.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Dude, just get rid of Abyssus, you can trounce him with 50k dps, no need for 200k. Today is also an easy day to do uber, Idols and Portals, that should be a cakewalk for you.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I just beat uber lab the other night with my 90 gladiator (worse stats than your char other than my 70% attack/spell block). I swapped out a dmg support gem in my Cleave for life leech gem. Dropped my DPS a fair chunk but I never sweated the fight at all other than the final trial where he'll teleport you across the room (I just shield charged right back to him while hitting flasks).

If you're melee, just stick to him and make sure you work your flasks in a timely fashion, keep Fortify up, a Warchief (or other totem) out, and if his big attack(s) hurt you too much, watch for the windup and bail out for a few seconds (I try to charge into mobs so I can replenish flasks quickly then charge right back to boss). I'm still a bit too nervous to take one of my ranged characters as I'm terrible at ranged survival =/.

"
raics wrote:
Dude, just get rid of Abyssus, you can trounce him with 50k dps, no need for 200k. Today is also an easy day to do uber, Idols and Portals, that should be a cakewalk for you.

Very much this.

Abyssus stacks additively (not multiplicatively) with your perma-Fortify, which means that if Izaro is dealing full physical damage and your Abyssus at 48%, you're taking 28% more damage than you would be if you had neither abyssus nor fortify. With only 5k health, that's some absolutely garbage defense that a HC player would downright laugh at. A 4k hit (after armour reduction) would oneshot you right now--when you take abyssus off, it'll take almost a 6.5k hit. Which Izaro never does without his early-phase buffs.

Also, are you trying to farm or what? It looks from your tree like you already beat uber lab once.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 27, 2017, 12:01:01 PM
honestly, 5.2k life is sufficient but nothing to write home about. 8k armour is nothing against his big hits, especially with no flat reduction from Endu charges (which actually makes you armour useless each time it really matters). Add Abyssus to the mix and you have something I would call "squishy". Izaro's big moves should definitely be avoided. The easiest solution is indeed removing abyssus for the fight.

edit: have no Idea why you use Daresso's Defiance. You already have perma onslaught from other sources and it only prevents you from having and keeping up Endu charges (6+), ruining your phys mitigation capability.

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jul 27, 2017, 12:06:29 PM
"
Also, are you trying to farm or what? It looks from your tree like you already beat uber lab once.

Yeah, just did it today after reading some of the advice here, but I guess I was just more lucky. Dodged some more, used some more flasks and I could just burst Izaro down before my Flask Charges ran out.

"
Abyssus stacks additively (not multiplicatively) with your perma-Fortify, which means that if Izaro is dealing full physical damage and your Abyssus at 48%, you're taking 28% more damage than you would be if you had neither abyssus nor fortify. With only 5k health, that's some absolutely garbage defense that a HC player would downright laugh at. A 4k hit (after armour reduction) would oneshot you right now--when you take abyssus off, it'll take almost a 6.5k hit. Which Izaro never does without his early-phase buffs.

Any Idea how to improve this? I kinda like the Abyssus, and don't want to throw it away, since I just invested 40c into one with the Dual Strike Enchantment :D

My goal with this char was actually just to get better raw numbers. DPS is great, with all charges and flasks the numbers look crazy, Path of Building says over 600k. Now I just try to balance out my defense some more, but I don't really know how, except getting better life rolls on all yellow items.

"
edit: have no Idea why you use Daresso's Defiance. You already have perma onslaught from other sources and it only prevents you from having and keeping up Endu charges (6+), ruining your phys mitigation capability.

I bought the defiance before I had this belt, I even think before that belt was in the game. So I used it as a way to gain Onslaught, Endurance Charges (which I still lose via cwdt + immortal call) and have a cheap high armour/evasion chest with decent life roll.

But im really open to some advice: What Chest should I play instead? Just a good yellow chest with high life roll? I feel like I lose out on all the other benefits, like not caring about endurance charges, the life steal and some dodge. Is there a better offensive alternative? Belly of the beast isn't worth it for me, not enough flat HP without a chest I think.
"
4rmag3ddon wrote:
What Chest should I play instead? Just a good yellow chest with high life roll? I feel like I lose out on all the other benefits, like not caring about endurance charges, the life steal and some dodge. Is there a better offensive alternative? Belly of the beast isn't worth it for me, not enough flat HP without a chest I think.

Yellow chests (aside from ES ones obv) are in 2.6 usually not competitive with unique ones. Main advantage is that a 6l rare one is probably cheaper.
If you want to do hard hitting phys bosses (which you cant oneshot) you may want to try sth which counters Abyssus: Lightning Coil or Brass Dome. With Brass Dome maybe adjust passives somewhat. Or simply wait for 3.0 and get/make a rare one then. Maybe try buying a cheap suitable 6l before that if there are any and craft once 3.0 is live.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
4rmag3ddon wrote:
"

Any Idea how to improve this? I kinda like the Abyssus, and don't want to throw it away, since I just invested 40c into one with the Dual Strike Enchantment :D

Yes, one idea: get more life on literally everything, and from the tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info