Level up Fail

When I leveled, all my gear went up+1 level, but my character didn't? Now i can't use any of my gear as i don't meet the Level requirement?
How do i resolve this?
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2017, 4:04:54 PM
What do you mean? Gear doesn't level in this game.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
ChaosLord99 wrote:
Now i can't use any of my gear as i don't meet the Level requirement?

To me this sounds like an 'issue' with upgraded gems. They are the only components of a build that can change their requirements when 'upgraded'. But in general its not possible to upgrade a gem if not passing the resulting requirements?! So it must be something changed on the setup.
"
ChaosLord99 wrote:
How do i resolve this?

a) look whats 'missing', find a way to fulfil the demand (exchange equip to higher stats, craft stat on free slot of item)
b) if its really an issue with a gem's level: vendors can decrease them.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
btw I had a problem with AoE gem in this race - leveled it up, then (after next login I think) it somehow needed more int than my char had(no I did not switch equipment/jewels, of that I'm pretty sure). Had to fiddle with tree to fix the issue.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
btw I had a problem with AoE gem in this race - leveled it up, then (after next login I think) it somehow needed more int than my char had(no I did not switch equipment/jewels, of that I'm pretty sure). Had to fiddle with tree to fix the issue.

I haven't had to do this in years so I dunno if it still works this way, but here is how it used to work, iirc:

Your character reequips all items upon re-logging-in. If a piece of gear you're wearing is 100% mandatory to give you the stat that lets you use a gem inside of it, it will count as unequipped (it'll become red and not give you any of its bonuses) until it's equippable again (by having the gem removed).

Taking the offending gem out and then putting it back in should've solved the problem without any fiddling with the tree.

This doesn't explain OP's problem, though (unless they also relogged without mentioning it)
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 27, 2017, 12:08:27 PM
What I meant ... Chacater was Level35 ... I levelled in the normal way to what I expected to be L36, however, the character stayed at L35 and all the minimum Level minimum requirements on my gear and socketed gems went to L36, which meant all the gear I was wearing couldn't be used...

The only thing I could think of at the time was I was selling stuff to a vendor and clicked on a skill reward book which I hadn't used. Not sure if this is a bug or not

Anyway, I've moved on... I stashed the gear I couldn't use, went back and farmed a lesser zone until I levelled again to meet the gear requirements, then carried on. I've not had the same issue since
There is NO way that gear changes its requirements without a swap. There is NO (known) way to add a level on any equipped gem if you (with the actual equipped gear) dont meet the new requirements (stat- and levelwise).
There's also no way to sell a skillbook, and also no way to have an unused skillbook 'counted' for your char.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
There is NO way that gear changes its requirements without a swap. There is NO (known) way to add a level on any equipped gem if you (with the actual equipped gear) dont meet the new requirements (stat- and levelwise).
There's also no way to sell a skillbook, and also no way to have an unused skillbook 'counted' for your char.

Not helpful ... and you are obviously wrong... [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Ben_GGG on Jul 30, 2017, 4:09:12 PM
isnt there a recipe for a book that reduces your character by 1 level?
OP has probably obtained secret conscious items that level up like characters do. They probably even have their own passives tree.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Last edited by zagibu on Jul 29, 2017, 10:45:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info