[3.0 Theory Build] Hardcore Caustic Arrow Deadeye Zerker

Introduction
Hello! The idea is to run Scion so that I can reach all the sockets that I can to optimize my caustic arrow dps! (Damage over time, chaos damage, projectile damage, AoE damage - all work and stack!) So being able pick up 8 sockets, along with two projectiles (deadeye) and 10% more damage (zerker) the Scion seemed like the best choice!

Tree+stats
Here's my tree. It's not completely perfect, but i'm still working on it (suggestions really welcome!)

Here's the stats on poeplanner.

I should be able to get close to 200% increased max life from jewel sockets and my starting 180%.

Gear+links
I plan to use a corrupted quiver or bow to get a total of 3 projectiles.

Use a Drillneck for the extra damage (you will have 60% chance to pierce)

Going to rush to get a +2 bow as soon as possible as well.

The links will be:

CA > Conc Effect > Slower Projectiles > Pierce > Void Manipulation > Empower

I'll probably run a Decoy Totem (20%) > Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support > Increased duration - simply because I wont be a good face-tank.

Or if I think that it'll be a decent tank, i'll run Spell Totem + Faster Casting + Wither

I will go in more detail and have more thorough spoilers once this character gets up off the ground (3.0 league)

Thanks for reading! Leave suggestions or personal experiences that you have!
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Aug 2, 2017, 7:55:45 PM
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2017, 2:14:21 PM
Isn't the deadeyes "Projectiles Pierce 2 enemies" a problem or can you choose the point of impact with caustic arrow?

EDIT: Nevermind. I thought caustic arrow worked kind of like explosive arrow. Didn't realize pierce was actually useful here.
Last edited by joshrose on Jul 24, 2017, 12:53:34 AM
"
joshrose wrote:
Isn't the deadeyes "Projectiles Pierce 2 enemies" a problem or can you choose the point of impact with caustic arrow?

EDIT: Nevermind. I thought caustic arrow worked kind of like explosive arrow. Didn't realize pierce was actually useful here.

Yeah, i should have 80% chance to pierce, which should be nice :)
u do realise drillneck was changed and pierce is always 100% only depends how many targets u can pierce?
Looks like caustic arrow is going to be totally awesome again!
"
zmajmkd wrote:
u do realise drillneck was changed and pierce is always 100% only depends how many targets u can pierce?

Yeah, i know it got nerfed.

Not sure what you mean by always 100% only depends on how many targets i can hit. ??
"
Bnboy wrote:

Wow, you're right - didn't know you could get that much life from the ranger starting area and that part of the tree - I just assumed marauder would of been the best place to start for more life lol. Thanks for the feedback!
I'm planning something similar, but i'm thinking of doing MOM/trickster since this build doesn't really rely on auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info