[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

Has the lack of chaos resistance been a problem for you, or is it fine?
"
Garfunkel wrote:
One thing to take into consideration though - you can't use Blood Rage with Damage on Full life support gem cos as soon as you press Blood rage you lose -4 HP (so you are not on full life). Maim is good since it also gives increased physical damage to maimed enemies (which are all with our attack speed). That increase is not taken into the DPS calculation.

Melee damage on full life now works with blood rage.
Someone once asked me if I had learned anthing from it all, so let me tell you what I learned.
I learned everone dies alone.
But if you meant something to someone,if you helped someone,
or loved someone, If even a single person remembers you,
Then maybe you never die.
Last edited by yigita on Aug 9, 2017, 11:36:42 AM
"
yigita wrote:

Melee damage on full life now works with blood rage.

Where did you get that information from please?
I am new to this game, currently at level 28, I am weilding 2 maces, yet Shield Charge says "skill can't be used". Can someone please help me -_-
Can I ask why you choose Slayer ascendancy? As far as I know, it only offer super cull and 20% more, which likely won't be proc on boss like Izaro and Atziri. Overleech is useless for you and stun and bleed immune can easily be fixed with pathing or flask.

What do you think about Berserker, which is perma 40% more with reliable 100% leech or a 25% instant health every 2 sec with high stack of endurance, or Raider, which can get up to 16% more from frenzy, Dodge chance and significant more MS. Ranger is also near Phase so you can get up 50-60% dodge chance alone against both Spell and Attack.

Also, which armor do you think is best to upgrade from BoR? I normally go for Belly but they are expensive this league
"
Can I ask why you choose Slayer ascendancy? As far as I know, it only offer super cull and 20% more, which likely won't be proc on boss like Izaro and Atziri. Overleech is useless for you and stun and bleed immune can easily be fixed with pathing or flask.

What do you think about Berserker, which is perma 40% more with reliable 100% leech or a 25% instant health every 2 sec with high stack of endurance, or Raider, which can get up to 16% more from frenzy, Dodge chance and significant more MS. Ranger is also near Phase so you can get up 50-60% dodge chance alone against both Spell and Attack.

Also, which armor do you think is best to upgrade from BoR? I normally go for Belly but they are expensive this league

20% more damage procs 99% of time. It works on Izaro as well cos it spawns minions. 50% less reflected damage is very good. Overleech is not useless if you have only one Bloodseeker and any other weapon in your off-hand. You still overleech that way but only if you have a valid weapon in offhand.
By the way you can use even axe or mace in off-hand cos as Blade Flurry alternates only with a valid weapon (claw, dagger, sword) if you hava an invalid type of weapon in off-hand you just hit with your main hand and get the same damage. Your dps is not lowered you get all bonuses from dual-wielding you just hit with your main hand weapon only. But of course if you have Bloodseeker+an invalid weapon you can't overleech.
The main thing with Slayer is that leech is not interupted by reaching full HP. That way you can gain many instances of leech and whole life leech rate is insane. You just need to see it for yourself in action.
On the other hand 40% more damage of Berserker comes at a cost of 10% increased damage taken from monsters and it is not something to ignore.
Last edited by Garfunkel on Aug 9, 2017, 1:27:24 PM
"
Garfunkel wrote:
"

20% more damage procs 99% of time. It works on Izaro as well cos it spawns minions. 50% less reflected damage is very good. Overleech is not useless if you have only one Bloodseeker and any other weapon in your off-hand. You still overleech that way but only if you have a valid weapon in offhand.
By the way you can use even axe or mace in off-hand cos as Blade Flurry alternates only with a valid weapon (claw, dagger, sword) if you hava an invalid type of weapon in off-hand you just hit with your main hand and get the same damage. Your dps is not lowered you get all bonuses from dual-wielding you just hit with your main hand weapon only. But of course if you have Bloodseeker+an invalid weapon you can't overleech.
The main thing with Slayer is that leech is not interupted by reaching full HP. That way you can gain many instances of leech and whole life leech rate is insane. You just need to see it for yourself in action.
On the other hand 40% more damage of Berserker comes at a cost of 10% increased damage taken from monsters and it is not something to ignore.

I know overleech allow you to keep leeching but most of his leech will be dependent on Bloodseeker. The impact of it is minimal. Compare to Berseker 100% leech for example, you can releech any nuke if you survive it. I am also aware of the 10% more, but you can always take War Bringer and stack endurance,it will be 12% flat reduction just from the base 3; a little bit of pathing you can get 20% flat reduction. You lose the 100% leech but it doesn't matter much unless you want to facetank. And Raider with 20% more from frenzy and 50% dodge chance also offer better survival than just overleech and reflect reduction.

I am not saying Slayer is bad, it is just in between for this build. Slayer is meant for 2 hand consistent leech. Sure we can utilize some of it's node; but I just feel it is lackluster compare to other options
Berserker has one disadvantage it doesn't leech when reached full life. It might seem not important but when playing Slayer you can be stunned frozen , not hit a monster 1-2 seconds and still leech HP back. With Berserker you first have to take 15% of HP damage then you need constantly hit, 1 second stop and you might get multiple hits from 3-4 sources and die. 100% damage leeched is good but even 8-9% is more than enough. It just feel like 'overkill' to me because you stop leeching at full HP and all thouse very high numbers are wasted. And remember you need to take those 15% HP hits every 4 seconds or you lose that super-hit buff. Anyway it is up to you to decide which ascendancy to choose. Berserker has its advantages too. Also notice that 50% less damage from reflect is a nice thing in end game which berserker doesn't have. As to Raider i don't know i dind' play it. Maybe it is good but i feel it is more damage dealer and less survival i might be wrong though.

For bosses withou minions you can use this flask - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Writhing_Jar
and still overleech lol ) those worms has so little health.
Last edited by Garfunkel on Aug 9, 2017, 3:11:23 PM
"
Megazillionz wrote:
I am new to this game, currently at level 28, I am weilding 2 maces, yet Shield Charge says "skill can't be used". Can someone please help me -_-

Are you trolling?
You answered your own question.. you are dual wielding maces (no shield to shield charge with)
Beta member since: 0.9.8f (April 23rd 2012)
At what point should we switch over to Blade Flurry? It looks likes about the time we get the two claws?

Is there a reason not to switch to it as soon as we can use it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info