[3.0] Crit Freezing Pulse Inquis Theory Crafting

So I have been toying with the idea of Freezing pulse for starter build in 3.0. This is my first real go at making a build. However with all the changes and such I think this build will last into 3.0.

This is going to be a life based build as there are buffs to life and I have played this build in the past and it did work well on a life scale.

The Build Itself
Spoiler
So they gave us a Jewel called First Snow, I found that jewel to be quite interesting as we lose the negatives from LMP/GMP and gain a decent amount of damage. In this build we will be using two as most builds have been doing giving us 5 total Projectiles plus 12-20% more projectile damage and 50%
more damage if we've shattered recently. Which We will be shattering non stop due to crit.

The Gems
Spoiler

If you have First Snow change out LMP/GMP for Hypothermia

4L without First Snow:
Freezing Pulse, Lesser Multiple Projectiles,Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction.

5L without First Snow:
Freezing Pulse, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction, Increased Critical Strikes

6L Without First Snow
Freezing Pulse, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction, Increased Critical Strikes, Empower level 3

If you do not have an Empower level 3, it is better to switch out for Faster Projectiles.

Other Gem Links:
Shield Charge- Faster Attacks - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun- Fortify

Herald of Thunder - Curse on hit - Assassin's Mark
Herald of Ice - Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark
Cast on Damage Taken - Warlords Mark - Vortex - Increased Duration

The last links I hadn't fully figured out whats best, but I am thinking
Arctic Armour - Decoy Totem - Minion and Totem Resist's - Summon Ice Golemn

The Skill Tree, for 117 Points.

The Required Gear

Spoiler

First Snow X 2
This is what gives us 5 Projectiles and 50% more damage to Freezing pulse/12-20% more damage to projectiles.

Gloves:

The best in slot gloves are Atziri's Acuity, as their Mod Grants Instant leech from critical's.

That being said I know this is a starter build so the next option is Maligaro's Virtuosity gloves. They give us some dex which we are lacking from the tree, and also the crit/crit multi.

Weapon:
A decent Dagger with High Crit base, with Spell damage, Elemental Damage to spells, High Critical Chance to spells And possibly some attack speed. The reason for a dagger is so we can Shield charge, it can be done with a Scepter however Daggers are faster and gives us more Crit.

As for the rest of the gear I have not stumbled onto anything Major that is needed for the build besides those two items. You can do it without the Maligaro's however it is highly recommended.

Stat weights:
Life
Resists
Whatever else you are lacking.

Jewels outside of First snow:
%life
Spell Dmg/Spell Dmg With Shield
Crit with cold spells/Crit chance
Whatever else you see fit

I have not developed a leveling guide as of yet, however the more I work on this project the more I will add.

This Whole build is just a Theory Craft and I am open to criticism however trolls will be ignored. So please feel free to evaluate and tell me what you think.
Last edited by Valin377 on Jul 18, 2017, 6:13:13 PM
Last bumped on Jul 31, 2017, 3:46:39 PM
I really like your idea, I was actually doing a crit freezing pulse build too, but just with Taryn's Shiver Maelström Staff as weapon, to see if it was more budget in the start of my build. But I actually really like your build idea, and and you reach a much higer crit.
I am just worried that you dont get cast speed enough with your build, and I would say that cast speed is very important with freezing pulse. But I would love to follow your idea.
Last edited by klaussn on Jul 30, 2017, 4:06:51 PM
Nothing
Last edited by Tomusokeri on Jul 30, 2017, 5:48:28 PM
Do you have any idea, if you can do higher tier bosses with your build, and can the curses keep you alive in higher tier maps? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info