I just installed Poe on my new gamer pc:

Maximus ix asus
I7 7700k Kaba lake
32 GB ram G skill 3200 mhz
SSD HD samsung evo
seasonic 1200 w psu
2 x 970 sli gtx

Win 10 - 64 bit

When i play poe then at random times the game freezes/crashes and locks my whole pc until i get the BSOD. Then wind 10 shows me error code:

"Something with watchdog stopped responing and microsoft needs to gather information before rebooting".

Last day i was afk in poe and i was browsing around on the internet while poe was running in the bagground. Then suddenly the same freeze happend and the game sound was like "BZZZZZ" until i rebooted.

It can happend if i play in group maps or if i stand afk in my hide out..

I have no problems with other games or any benchmarks or heavy cpu/gpu software.

Then i heard something with disable multi threading in poe. I tryed to disable it for now and it seems to work.

But why cant i run poe with that option enabled ?
IF that is the real problem here...

Last bumped on Jul 20, 2017, 4:31:42 PM
So im the only one with this problem ?
It's usually useful to actually know what sort of error you are getting. If all you can provide is (something with watchdog....e.t.c) is the best you can do, yeah, chances are you'll stay alone with this problem.
Freezing and locking up can be caused by multiple issues, tho if you are getting bsod chances are it's either corrupt installation or driver conflict.
But again, with a description like that nobody will be able to actually suggest anything.
No rest for the wicked.
I played today with no problems and multi threading is disabled..so im sure it has do with that
Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear that this is happening to you. Would you please provide us with the error message you received when the blue screen of death occured?
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Jul 18, 2017, 8:09:10 PM
I can try..I must enable multi threading again and wait randomly until it crashes again..

Last time it said something with watchdog stopped responding and windows had to gather information..i will try to write down the error code next time.

It happened 3 times on one day..even if i was afk in my HO or playing in grps doing maps.

Recently there was a windows update with netframe, so im not sure if that fixed anything.
Also i tryed to clean my pc using Ccleaner and antimalware scans..also a disk defragtment and HDD scan was made last day

Last edited by Hyberpsycrow on Jul 19, 2017, 3:09:13 PM
Hmm so it happend again..it seems to be with multi threading enabled in only fullscreen mode.
I tryed last day to play with multithreading enabled but that was in window fullscreen mode.

here is some codes i could read from mini dump

Bug check code 0x00000101

Parameter 1 00000000`00000018
Parameter 2 00000000`00000000
Parameter 3 ffffe081`d55ea180
Parameter 4 00000000`00000006

http://www.solvusoft.com/en/errors/blue-screen-errors/microsoft-corporation/windows-operating-system/bug-check-0x101-clock-watchdog-timeout/

I have no problems in other games or benchmark test softwares.
Path of exile is the ONLY game that gives me BSOD in random times with a certain option enabled.

I heard it could be Direct X related or some drivers..all my pc is up to date usinf auto update for everything.

I have the latest bios and chipset drivers also.

And i scan my pc regular for malware and broken files.
Also my windows 10 is fresh installed for 4-5 month ago.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info