[3.4] HC RT Sunder Gladiator League Starter Build Guide

Hi,

Great guide I've been following. So far is looking like it may be my 3.0 starter.

Silly question. Is it worth being dual wield? It seems like going 2h would be more DPS for Sunder since the main benefit listed is being able to use Whirling Blades.
"
Aevaris wrote:
Hi,

Great guide I've been following. So far is looking like it may be my 3.0 starter.

Silly question. Is it worth being dual wield? It seems like going 2h would be more DPS for Sunder since the main benefit listed is being able to use Whirling Blades.

Going 2h means a great deal of things, you lose the entire right side of the tree, you will have to play something other than gladiator, which i consider to be the best ascendancy for this build, you will have to put up with the slower attack speed (you go from an attack rate of 7 to 4), you won't have any block and you will lose the ability to use a stat stick.
I created a 2h variant in PoB real quick and it turns out I'm left with less dps (using a Disfavour), less %life and I lose block as a form of mitigation.
You could probably play 2h and it would work out just fine but it's definitely less optimal than this dual wield version.
Last edited by WorstSmitesEU on Jul 23, 2017, 12:58:15 PM
Just use shild and take block nodes to go 78% with amulet when u get your bor and spell block ascendency you can do easy red maps to tiar 15 then farm saul taker and the surrender shild after that u can fight gardains
i am using itmem rarity and bisco culer and still killing chimera
"
Just use shild and take block nodes to go 78% with amulet when u get your bor and spell block ascendency you can do easy red maps to tiar 15 then farm saul taker and the surrender shild after that u can fight gardains
i am using itmem rarity and bisco culer and still killing chimera

My guide is a HC league starter, as stated in the title, that means we are aiming for easy gearing and and as much life and free mitigation as possible while being able to clear all map content.

Let me explain why your suggestion is less than optimal for the purposes of this guide:
- 160% life from your build instead of the 240% from mine
- no deceiver belt, I'm assuming you meant bisco's leash as your build already uses the anvil for an amulet, costing you intimidation and making you more susceptible to crit one shots that don't get blocked
- less dmg as you lose your 6-link (BoR doesn't compare to an actual 6-link), a stat stick and dual wielding nodes which are generally better dps-wise than their shield counterparts
- having your sunder in your helmet costs you either another 4-link or kaom's roots, you can't really afford to lose either

You will end up having to roll over way too many maps because half the mobs in them can one shot you through your measly 5k hp life pool if the 4/5 doesn't go in your favour.
You are practically trading immunity to one shots with my build for immunity to one shots 4 out of 5 times while having less damage with yours.
Not suited for HC in my mind.
Last edited by WorstSmitesEU on Jul 24, 2017, 2:44:23 AM
What's your opinion about using this as a SF leaguestarter?
Would you change any gem?Maybe an offensive curse or ditch arctic armour for something else?

Currently I'm trying to choose between this and RF totems for the next league.
"
sabotagge wrote:
What's your opinion about using this as a SF leaguestarter?
Would you change any gem?Maybe an offensive curse or ditch arctic armour for something else?

Currently I'm trying to choose between this and RF totems for the next league.

This character should work great for SSF, all the uniques are pretty common and you don't need an insane weapon to clear most content. You can even farm the Sewer and Waste Pool maps for the Throne divination card to get the Kaom's Roots and if you're going to craft a weapon use an ilvl 83 Siege Axe base as you need ilvl 83 for the merciless prefix and Siege Axes are the highest dps 1h axe base.
The gem setup is pretty refined and except for the Enlighten everything is easily acquired. If you happen to come across one though and plan to push to 100 be sure to quality it up and level it in your secondary weapon set. You can change the gem linked to CWDT freely, some people prefer Vortex over Enfeeble, use what you like best.
There are a lot of unique weapon choices for the off-hand. Which is best for the end game? The Princess?
"
Bizze79 wrote:
There are a lot of unique weapon choices for the off-hand. Which is best for the end game? The Princess?

For this variant of the build it's Tempestuous Steel for damage, if you are playing the Varunastra variant your best choice is a Prismatic Eclipse with 3 green sockets. The princess is great because it is available basically from the very start, but Tempestuous does the same damage at worst without the drawbacks from The Princess, meaning that you can use The Princess for way into maps but if you have the currency to spend on Tempestuous Steel you should upgrade.
I'm testing full physical sunder on the beta. Can clear trash on every map in 1 click ,but bosses are insanely hard .. do you have any suggestions about it ,its like insane ::(
"
velislav87 wrote:
I'm testing full physical sunder on the beta. Can clear trash on every map in 1 click ,but bosses are insanely hard .. do you have any suggestions about it ,its like insane ::(

First of all it's pretty safe to say that full phys, the way it currently is on the beta, is just straight up worse than "normal" sunder.
Now to address your problem of dealing with the map bosses, Lion's Roar is a very powerful flask that should give you a great damage boost if you're not already using it, Vaal Lightning Trap to shock bosses (shock makes targets take 50% more damage) and maybe run Vulnerability as an aura in combination with Blasphemy.
That's all I can think of for now, I'll think on it for a bit and if I come up with something else I'll edit it in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info