[3.0 HC-Beta] Elementalist / Necromancer MOM 5-6 Golem Summoner [videos]

Re skill tree:

With regrets, I am out of town this week until the 3.0 release and don't have computer access. My cell phone won't let me review skill trees. If tomatopotato is still reviewing this thread, they might be able to comment on it for you.

Re spell echo: When linked to the flame golem gem, it affects the golems' cast speed. All of a flame golem's attacks are spells, so spell echo is huge for dps.

Re use of jewel slots: Actually, I would prioritize an anima and 5 harmonies. Eminence is not really necessary, though you can certainly add it in after. Might is really a matter of taste for leveling and only feels important once you get up past T14 or so. And even then it's not strictly necessary except, perhaps, for Mino, Hydra, Shaper, Uber atziri, and maybe the breach Lords (though I never tested against these). I believe even that content can be done without it if you are skilled enough (I am not, yet). Given the high added expense of using might, I wouldn't bother until I was well into the endgame.

As always, ymmv.

-O
Wouldn't an Ascendant with Elementalist/Guardian be slightly better than pure Elementalist?
With Ascendant, golems don't get elemental immunity. This is a big deal late game and its lack makes Ascendant inferior for this build, imo.

-O
"
mineperse wrote:
Hey, thinking of starting the new league with a life based + MoM golemancer, this is my first attempt to make a skilltree myself so feedback would be appreciated.

Here's the tree:
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAPcACCMAAHjfsJLBjr4RLSycvOpqQ-yKa9tMswQHg9tVxjpYfIPr7oUyly1JT7yq6-RfKprgRZ1TUhzcjxq4kyj6mK2Cx_noQYe3Pv4K2L01kv6PTeOmVzrh8kW18ngNwBqpbm87eWjBBF8_FCDvDlBHg8w8LYNf0B_v68auDF9TpRynC2GvbGjy8B-iAASz0_uofVqRaqwy0UVHiECmrJAzKpj6gNkLGmw26SSqFm_jamh02mIYVgj0bqpKyFpSqJp7w8T2cqmJ2GhY15ZYrzboAecUTfxLvJ8YkayqWfMaOJBVJy9yD5RvZlTUB9yNkPrfbUyL70sAAAAAbBkCSwEUAQEeAAUB0AcBkAEBlgAB9AEABh8AAAAAIgLMABQBAZYABgIsAZABAWQAASwBAlAAoAABCgABeAADAwAiAswAFAEBlgAGAiwBkAEBZAABLAECUACgAAEKAAF4AAMDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

Your tree looks decent. Although I prefer hybrid for 3.0, I won't try to dissuade you from life-based. Just a few minor points I'll mention:

1) For more efficient life, you'll want the Tireless wheel instead of Combat Stamina.

2) As Elementalist, speccing into Herd the Flock (and the surrounding minion nodes) is inefficient.

3) You may want to spend some points pathing up to Whispers of Doom (for your 2nd curse, a jewel slot, and some of the Death Attunement minion nodes). However, if you were to go for Necromancer...

... (on a side note) a MOM-based golem build with its strong mana pool is probably the best suited variant for getting the most out of stacking a whole bunch of Primordial Might + Necromancer's Beacon of Corruption. Quite costly though. Anybody want to guinea pig it? :)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 3, 2017, 7:10:37 AM
So I'm pretty much done with the beta at this point, played this up to level 90 having done 2 of the guardians (chimera and phoenix never dropped and beta economy is hot garbage). I ended up with a hybrid spec feeling the best, tree is roughly this:

I don't yet have the two far right jewel sockets or the small nodes under foresight, those would be the last pickups. Also I'd like to drop the two dex nodes but I found I was always short on dex for vaal haste. Sitting at 3400life / 4900es with mediocre T3 gear. I think for 3.0 I'll probably pick up MoM while leveling and swap to hybrid with auras later once I get some reasonable ES gear. I'm leaning towards eventually going LL if I played long enough to get a shavs and T1 gloves/boots/helm.

Overall it's been a nice change of pace from the really button mashy speedclear builds I've played in the past. Felt fine with 4 golems and found gear while leveling, I did guardians on a 5link with lvl20 golems, I could see it scaling really well to shaper on a 6link with empower and +1 chest, but no chance I was getting that on beta. I do wish the golems would move faster for mapping (or convocation had no/short cd, ggg please).
Last edited by archzilllla on Jul 31, 2017, 11:24:22 AM
im many time play with skill tree and find optimal variant with good hp/mana/dex(important!)/socket(very important!they give you a lot of hp/minion damage).
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAOsACCMAAHLfsJLBjr4RLSycvOpqQ-yKa9tMswQHg9tVxjpYfIPr7oUyly1JT7yq6-RfKprgRZ1TUhzcjxq4kyj6mK2Cx_noQYe3Pv4K2L01kv6PTeOmVzrh8kW18ngNwBpvO4PMPC2DX9Af7-vT-6h9WpFqrDLRCPRuqkrIRUfAZgSzogDwH6yY99fMvKrEhWBNuZuhGGo5UlgHGDy9JxhWiq-QEXvDPycqTUfiIuKkOQDuLOmGs49GUfvNFh8YHRT60hZv42okqjbpZp5yD5RvZlRZ8xo4kFUnL9QH3I2Q-t9tTIvvSxekEzUAAAAAbBkCSwEUAQEeAAUB0AcBkAEBlgAB9AEABh8AAAAAIgLMABQBAZYABgIsAZABAWQAASwBAlAAoAABCgABeAADAwAiAswAFAEBlgAGAiwBkAEBZAABLAECUACgAAEKAAF4AAMDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

p.s. tested many build on beta. this is one of two (second rt cyclone) the bestest league starter. (
Last edited by edm161 on Aug 3, 2017, 4:15:20 AM
Hey,

Could we get an update on this build? Like which gems + links etc
I'm working on something completely different for my 3.0 opener, but the updated tree is on page four of the comments. No change in links. Good Luck!

-O
Off Topic, this is a link to the Hierophant quad Dark Pact Totem build I've been working on in 3.0 so far. May be my best yet.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1942074

-O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info