The Hybrid Sprinkler [3.0] (Build is a WIP, need advice)

Brutus' Lead Sprinkler (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Brutus%27_Lead_Sprinkler) has been changed in 3.0. It now has "Adds 4 to 7 Fire Damage to Attacks per 10 Strength" rather than 2 to 4 Fire Damage.

Although, I believe the damage is now local rather than global so dual wielding is basically useless. I still have to confirm that information, but it would make sense since this would be an insane buff otherwise. On the bright side, this opens up the option to use a shield and still retain most of the original setups damage.

Here is what I've come up with so far:

Concept
Spoiler

The basic idea for this build is to stack as much Strength from your gear/tree as possible to increase the Fire Damage added to attacks from the Sprinkler. In addition to that, I want to use other unique items that scale per Strength to create a very durable hybrid character.

Gear
Spoiler

Brutus' Lead Sprinkler: 4 to 7 Fire Damage added to Attacks per 10 Strength.

Geofri's Sanctuary (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Geofri%27s_Sanctuary): +4 maximum Energy Shield per 10 Strength.

Shaper's Touch (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shaper%27s_Touch): +5 Mana per 10 Strength and 2% increased Energy Shield per 10 Strength.

Astramentis (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Astramentis)

The rest of the gear would be rare ES/life hybrid items with high Strength rolls.
This could be somewhat difficult to itemize since we're looking for high ES rolls, high life rolls, and a high strength roll (or haku craft if it's a pure ES item).

With 1,000 Strength, Sprinkler adds 400 to 700 Fire Damage to Attacks, Geofri's Sanctuary adds +400 maximum Energy Shield, and Shaper's Touch adds +500 Mana and 200% increased Energy Shield.

I've read that the Shaper's Touch adds a global increase to Energy Shield. If that's the case this means we can have over 200% increased Life AND Energy Shield all in one build. Also, all of that Strength will add a huge amount of flat Life (+5 Life per 10 Strength).

This should make for an incredibly tanky character, however, I'm a bit unsure what to do for damage. Here is a tree I threw together, it's mostly defensive with all of the WED nodes I could grab.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcA9YEswUtBg4Gwwn2C2EOPBLhE6UUIBRNFHEYkRo4GlUiryW8JvMnLyftLdIuUzGeMok1kjboOFM6UjrYOuE8LT38RtdHfk3jUEdX4lhjWfNfP2EhY_1ko2VNZlRnm2hYaGVo8m87cYVyD3KpdO12rHbnd-V4DXrmeu-CB4Nfg8yE2YTvhmCJ2IzPkFWRzpRvnz6iAKLqplemo6yqrY2uPq9stfK3Prl-u-28n702vWC-p8AawGbEWMT2xgTGrsbYz37Tb9R815bYvdl82sHbT9-_4MPkUeoY7w7wH_JB8kXz3fZI9zL46_xL_gr-jw==

I have thought about it and it might be worth picking up MoM over Blood Magic on the tree since we would actually have around 2000 mana to work with. Obviously this leads to problems since MoM doesn't work with ES, but a Corrupted Energy (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Corrupted_Energy) jewel could potentially help fix that. Not only does this jewel help protect against chaos damage, it would also allow MoM to work for 50% of the physical damage we take while we still have ES up. This also allows our Life Leech to have an effect even with ES up.

Last edited by CoachMcGuirk1 on Jul 19, 2017, 3:10:14 AM
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2017, 10:00:20 AM
Nice! I was just thinking along these lines.

Mom with hybrid works OK actually, at least according to several videos I watched about the templar ascendency... You have plenty of mana while the es buffer is up, then take the 30% reduced damage after that. This build especially would be quite a bit of life so that's a lot of multiplier.

My last MoM build I ran rallying cry + the spirited response jewel, it was awesome.

Keep me posted with what you come up with! I was thinking ancestral warchief? Might be worth not getting RT and getting elemental overload for the elemental bonus..

Shockwave totems was my other interest but "to attacks" kills that :(
Ancestral Warchief would definitely be a strong skill to make up for the lack of damage on the tree. We're 4 points away from Ancestral Bond (+1 Totem) and can always equip a Tukohama's Fortress (+1 Totem) to augment the damage further.

As for Elemental Overload, I don't think it'd be worth the heavy investment in passive skill points.

I posted three different hypothetical setups below. Note that I picked up the "Tireless" life nodes in Options 1 and 2 instead of the Blood Magic life nodes.

Option 1 [2x totems with Ancestral Bond]
Spoiler
pros:
*High ES shield
*2+ auras
*235% increased life

cons:
*No Blood Magic
*No Mind over Matter
*Only 2 Totems

Option 2 [2x totems with Ancestral Bond and Mind over Matter]
Spoiler
pros:
*High ES shield
*2k+ Mana with Mind over Matter
*235% increased life

cons:
*No Blood Magic
*No/Less Auras
*Heavier skill point investment
*Only 2 Totems

Option 3 [3x totems with Ancestral Bond and Tukohamas]
Spoiler
pros:
*250% increased life
*3 Totems
*Blood Magic

cons:
*No Mind over Matter
*No Auras
*No ES shield

It's a tough decision, but I'm leaning towards the first option since it saves points on the tree and allows us to use multiple auras. Option 2 would require 7 extra passive points to grab MoM, making it rather bad in my opinion. Option 3 seems strong too but we'd be losing auras and energy shield to gain an extra totem and increased life. I'd have to test which is better.

I made a new tree for a level 96 Chieftain. This tree uses option 3, but could easily drop Blood Magic and it's life nodes in exchange for the Tireless life nodes if you wanted to change it to option 1.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcA9YEswUtBsMLYQ48EMwS4ROlFCAUTRRxGJEaOBpVIq8lvCbzJy8qEyynLdIuUzGeMok1kjboOFM6UjrYOuE8LT38RmlHfkrETeNQR1fiWGNY5VnzWitfP2EhZKNlTWZUZp5nm2hYaGVo8m87cg9yqXTtdqx253fleA1673sgfNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhmCJ2IzPkFWRzpRvnz6iAKLqo_KmV6ajrKqtja4-r2y18rc-uX677byfvTa9YL6nwBrAZsQVxFjE9sYExq7G2M9-02_Xlti92XzawdtP37_gw-RR6hjvDvAf8kHyRfPd9kj2rvcy-JP46_xL_gr-h_6P
Last edited by CoachMcGuirk1 on Jul 22, 2017, 6:47:48 AM
"
CoachMcGuirk1 wrote:
Ancestral Warchief would definitely be a strong skill to make up for the lack of damage on the tree. We're 4 points away from Ancestral Bond (+1 Totem) and can always equip a Tukohama's Fortress (+1 Totem) to augment the damage further.

As for Elemental Overload, I don't think it'd be worth the heavy investment in passive skill points.

I posted three different hypothetical setups below. Note that I picked up the "Tireless" life nodes in Options 1 and 2 instead of the Blood Magic life nodes.

Option 1 [2x totems with Ancestral Bond]
Spoiler
pros:
*High ES shield
*2+ auras
*235% increased life

cons:
*No Blood Magic
*No Mind over Matter
*Only 2 Totems

Option 2 [2x totems with Ancestral Bond and Mind over Matter]
Spoiler
pros:
*High ES shield
*2k+ Mana with Mind over Matter
*235% increased life

cons:
*No Blood Magic
*No/Less Auras
*Heavier skill point investment
*Only 2 Totems

Option 3 [3x totems with Ancestral Bond and Tukohamas]
Spoiler
pros:
*250% increased life
*3 Totems
*Blood Magic

cons:
*No Mind over Matter
*No Auras
*No ES shield

It's a tough decision, but I'm leaning towards the first option since it saves points on the tree and allows us to use multiple auras. Option 2 would require 7 extra passive points to grab MoM, making it rather bad in my opinion. Option 3 seems strong too but we'd be losing auras and energy shield to gain an extra totem and increased life. I'd have to test which is better.

I made a new tree for a level 96 Chieftain. This tree uses option 3, but could easily drop Blood Magic and it's life nodes in exchange for the Tireless life nodes if you wanted to change it to option 1.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcA9YEswUtBsMLYQ48EMwS4ROlFCAUTRRxGJEaOBpVIq8lvCbzJy8qEyynLdIuUzGeMok1kjboOFM6UjrYOuE8LT38RmlHfkrETeNQR1fiWGNY5VnzWitfP2EhZKNlTWZUZp5nm2hYaGVo8m87cg9yqXTtdqx253fleA1673sgfNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhmCJ2IzPkFWRzpRvnz6iAKLqo_KmV6ajrKqtja4-r2y18rc-uX677byfvTa9YL6nwBrAZsQVxFjE9sYExq7G2M9-02_Xlti92XzawdtP37_gw-RR6hjvDvAf8kHyRfPd9kj2rvcy-JP46_xL_gr-h_6P

Did you end up trying this?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info