Unidentified Vendor Recipe or Identified Vendor Recipe for Chaos Orbs?

Which is better and why?
(bonus points if you have links to actual data and/or other disucssions or somthing... I'm bad with the search function)
Last edited by Taylor5CC on Jun 28, 2017, 11:51:01 PM
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2017, 5:24:00 PM
37 challenges completed...rly m8
"
Taylor5CC wrote:
Which is better and why?
(bonus points if you have links to actual data and/or other disucssions or somthing... I'm bad with the search function)

Or, y'know... google it or something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/51otnw/tipif_you_are_into_chaos_orb_vendor_recipe/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3zku4b/unidentified_chaos_recipe_when_do_you_stop/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4u8q4u/psa_getting_more_out_of_your_unidentified_chaos/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/21yfnp/do_you_use_the_identified_or_unidentified_chaos/
"
37 challenges completed...rly m8
Yes.... why?
"
pencilsketch wrote:
Or, y'know... google it or something.
Reddit link
Reddit link
Reddit link
Reddit link
THANK YOU!

Those links are quite helpful, I found two before and now I will be reading the other two. They're also showing me that reddit is probably the better place to get answers than these forums.
In actuality, I started a thread on reddit the same time I started one here:
Link to my reddit thread
It already has some useful responses, but here people are just asking about 37 and telling me to go to reddit. Maybe that's why I couldn't find anything that useful here using the search. There just isn't anything useful here to find(at least not for a newer player like myself). It's all on reddit.

That is also useful information to know. Thank you again.
Last edited by Taylor5CC on Jun 29, 2017, 9:40:48 AM
"
Taylor5CC wrote:
Those links are quite helpful, I found two before and now I will be reading the other two. They're also showing me that reddit is probably the better place to get answers than these forums.
In actuality, I started a thread on reddit the same time I started one here:
Link to my reddit thread
It already has some useful responses, but here people are just asking about 37 and telling me to go to reddit. Maybe that's why I couldn't find anything that useful here using the search. There just isn't anything useful here to find(at least not for a newer player like myself). It's all on reddit.

That is also useful information to know. Thank you again.

then... why are you here
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
then... why are you here
Cuz.. I just learned this today thanks to pencilsketch's post and haven't yet left. I'm trying all of my options to assess which works the best.
"
Imaginaerum wrote:

then... why are you here

Jesus Christ. He's trying to have a discussion in a forum about gameplay elements, and is using several platforms, including the official forums, to reach a wider audience and better samples/discussions.

Why are YOU here?

OT: I tend to never use the 20% quality one. The inconvenience is too much of a hassle for me, and it brings too much inventory management and, again, inconvenience.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 29, 2017, 1:04:50 PM
Someone really should do ID recipe so we doing unind recipe be able to buy rings and amulets when we need them.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Based on what I read elsewhere, I guess it seems that if I want to transition from "novice" to "intermediate" I should start using the identified one. I did just downloaded some item macros, so it should be easier to price rares.

I will admit, pricing rares was kinda overwhelming when I started. Pricing uniques and using the Un-recipe I found to be less daunting a task. But, I can't stay in the shallow end forever.
Last edited by Taylor5CC on Jun 29, 2017, 2:00:49 PM
Basing my reply only on my personal experience. My advice is based on a number of factors and your preferred play style.

If you play SSF use the ID'd recipe until you feel you will not gain better gear without spamming high item level bases with chaos.

If you play with trading then use the unid recipe as soon as you are able to quickly and reliably farm an area with the right ilvl to get chaos and trade for better gear.

If you have plenty of spare stash tabs then save items with 10-15% quality separately from the other gear intended for the chaos recipe. Quality them up while using less scraps/whetstones. You can then choose to vendor for 3c or ID them if you are hoping for an upgrade and still get 2c for them.

I only do the above when playing in leagues. On standard I almost always do the 2 or 3c recipe because most of my characters have decent gear or I have decent enough gear to piece something together for most builds I want to try. It might not be the best advice but it's what I have always done. I'm far from wealthy but my method has served me well for what I expect to get out of the game.

Cheers
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Last edited by viciousnugget on Jun 29, 2017, 2:12:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info