[2.6] elementalist life elemental bow build THE TEMPEST (beginner-friendly, t16, shaper viable)

First, to be honest, I am not the one who created this build. I am just the one who translate it.

This build is about full lightning damage with high lightning penetration.

Pros and cons
Spoiler
pros:
Insane clearspeed
end game viable
Beginner friendly, you can leveling with Storm cloud in lvl 9 and take the Tempest in lvl 32
Can do most of mods when mapping

Cons:
Life build in 2k17 LUL (actually you can switch this build to the CI, which is better than life build)
cannot do "cannot leech"
Needs a certain level of game knowledge and skills to play this build
ice shot might be laggy ?

shaper kill

character stats(in hideout)
Spoiler
offence

def

tree, ascend and bandits

game theory
Spoiler
Using the mod of tempest "increase 100% lightning damage" and Its high attack speed to maximize the damage. With the passive tree "primeval force"5% pen "arcing blows" 8% lightning pen + ascend MoD 25% lightning pen ( triggered by ice shot) + the wise oak 20% pen, I could have 58% lightning pen without the support gems lightning pen.

Why not ripper?
Comparing to windripper, tempest have lower critical chance but higher lightning damage and attack speed. In 2.6 bow build, it is so easy to get critical chance from the tree and the gem "increased critical strike chance".
Also, dealing one single element damage, u only need to focus on one single element penetration.

gear
Spoiler
Mandatory unique
Spoiler

Well, the Tempest. Better with +1 arrow

DEVOTOS for a little chaos resis, movement speed and attack speed. Starkonja's for a lot of life, crit chance and attack speed. They both increase a lot dex, which provides some accuracy. If u want to finish end game content, please include the barrage enchant " Adds 2 projectiles on barrage "

Provides crit chance, crit mult and attack speed. Better using +1 level on socket gems with your aura ,enlighten and empower to get lvl 26 wrath.

Belly of the beast provides a lot of life and a little resistance. Good for hard boss.
daresso's provides endurance charge with CWDT and immortal call, you could get a long period of physical damage immune. Onslaught provides you more clear speed, also. Good for mapping.

For normal mapping. Insane clear speed and MF. (Not necessary)

Rare items
Spoiler

Look for life, elemental resis and WED in belt.

Movement speed is important. As playing a bow build you don't have a good movement skill. Also look for life and elemental resis.

Look for wed, crit chance, crit mult and life. Better with +1 arrow.

Look for life, accuracy, adds lightning damage to attacks, critical mult, critical chance, elemental resis

JEWS
Spoiler
these are good mods of jews in this build.
7%increase maximum life
14-16%increase lightning damage
6-8%increase attack speed with bows
10-12%increase projectile damage
8-12%increase global critical strike chance
9-12%increase global critical strike multiplier
8-10%increase all elemental resistance
10-14%increase accuracy rating

You can also consider

place it near "Vaal Pact"

Flask
Spoiler

I am currently using these flasks. Three for preventing bleeding, freezing and boosting movement speed. Atziri's promise for boosting damage and life leech. Wise oak for elemental penetration and elemental damage taken reduction.

Gems and links
Spoiler

Ice shot- GMP - Chain - wed - increased critical chance - power charge on critical strike
Barrage /Blast rain - wed - increased critical chance - Added lightning damage - slower projectiles - elemental focus
If you don't have a barrage enchant head, please use blast rain instead of barrage.
wrath(lvl 21) - empower(lvl 4) - enlighten - herald of thunder/herald of ice
CWDT(lvl 7) - enfeeble(lvl 10) - immortal call(lvl 9)
blood rage - summon ice golem - summon lightning golem - blink arrow

Play style
Spoiler
ice shot to grouped monster, keep range
Walk in front of the boss and barrage. Dodge the fatal attack. Relies on VP.Need experience and skills. Don't use barrage when you have less than 6 arrows on it.

Mapping mods
Spoiler
cannot leech - Just avoid it, this build cannot do it.

this ring helps you reach 100% elemental reflection reduction. (50% from ascend trees, 10%from passive trees and 40% from this ring. You can do any maps with elemental reflection.
This build can do any mods except cannot leech life and mana.

Last edited by tomleungyoyo on Jun 28, 2017, 10:59:11 PM
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2017, 7:03:31 PM
^
Creator
This one catch my eye. Nice build.

I understand the Tempest, plus Wrath, is you main dmg source. Did you think of linking Lightning Penetration with the active gems?
My lightning pen reaches 58% without the gem. It is enough for normal mapping. Of course you can link the gem with active skills to reach 96%. It is better when doing hard boss fight.
Do you know how to level with this witch character ?
I had problem with leveling
just use freeze pulse to leveling until level 9 . Then you can pick up storm cloud. Use Split arrow for leveling and ice shot for single until 36. Pick up a tempest and you dont lack damage now.
in what order do you take the ascendacies

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info