3rd party keepalive

Original post below. Anyway, this devolved into a tired old topic that I don't enjoy being the OP for.

original post

Racers, disable your beta shops please.

about 1 in 5 "online" listings right now correspond to characters that actually exist or accounts that are online.

Is ok, mostly treating beta like SSF at the moment. But, geez. Help us out.

Some other misguided edit I made later, trying to clarify my intent without bumping; but, I was too defensive.
Spoiler

To one incredulous respondant:

"

I'm not about to spend my valuable time turning on/off stash tabs whenever I do so. That's just ridiculous. And I'm not going to switch leagues in the middle of play just to sell some 2c item.

What needs to happen isn't players whining to other players on the forums to update their shop settings.

You don't need to micromanage in any such way between beta and live. If you use premium tabs all you have to do is log out and your shop goes offline too.

The people I was appealing to run a 3rd party out-of-game program to keep their listings live. It happens all the time.

Why did I hide the OP in spoilers? I don't mind acknowleding my own errors, which is why I didn't delete anything I wrote. But, I dislike perpetuating misinformation and dead-end hot-button topics.

My conclusions were all wrong. Now that we've gone off rails into an argument about something else entirely, I just prefer if this thread dies.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jun 28, 2017, 12:27:36 PM
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2017, 12:10:32 PM
Totally agree with this. I wasted so much time today on messaging afks.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
please.

about 1 in 5 "online" listings right now correspond to characters that actually exist or accounts that are online.

It's not the race causing the offliners, it's poe.trade being down/messed up today and showing people online that aren't. Also took a few of my items I listed like an hour or more earlier to actually be visible.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on Jun 25, 2017, 7:13:37 PM
I see. thanks for the info!
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Enzymaticc wrote:
"
Zakaluka wrote:
please.

It's not the race causing the offliners, it's poe.trade being down/messed up today and showing people online that aren't. Also took a few of my items I listed like an hour or more earlier to actually be visible.

Oh no... not again. When will GGG get it into their brains that total reliance on 3rd party trade sites that they have 0 control over is a disaster waiting to happen. 3rd party trading site gets foobar'ed or DDS'ed or server hardware dies and GGG is SOL without any recourse. Very bad.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Enzymaticc wrote:
"
Zakaluka wrote:
please.

Oh no... not again. When will GGG get it into their brains that total reliance on 3rd party trade sites that they have 0 control over is a disaster waiting to happen. 3rd party trading site gets foobar'ed or DDS'ed or server hardware dies and GGG is SOL without any recourse. Very bad.

yeah its very weird for a business to lean so heavily on a third party that they have no official connection with

I wish GGG would figure something out trade wise
I dont see any any key!
I enjoy switching around which league I play in from time to time, between perm league and temp league and races here and there.

However, I'm not about to spend my valuable time turning on/off stash tabs whenever I do so. That's just ridiculous. And I'm not going to switch leagues in the middle of play just to sell some 2c item.

What needs to happen isn't players whining to other players on the forums to update their shop settings. What needs to happen is GGG fixing their trade system so it doesn't require such menial micro-management.
- here's my sig
GGG, fix your fucking trading system.
The trading system sucks. Blame GGG, not the sellers.

As others mentioned, there have been issues with poe.trade updating. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes to update anything, even though that update is supposed to be faster.

Regardless...

Who wants to turn on/off tabs, especially with individually priced items, whenever they're in another league/event/race? Not me. Some of my items are worth switching leagues to sell, like shavs, ancient reliq keys, offerings, etc, and others are not. However, I at least reply to people to let them know I'm busy in another league.

And putting this back on buyers: why bother trading the first day of a new league, event, or race? Just wait a day or two.

See, we can't blame buyers either. Blame GGG for the craptastic trading system.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jun 27, 2017, 9:52:05 AM
I think it's funny that the guys doing this (lets their shops be active, while having NO intentions of selling) are often the same guys whining about AFK players not responding.

Egoism, long live.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info