No quest after final Piety fight

Hello!

The following issue happened to one of my characters towards the end of Cruel difficulty, in Standard league. For the record, I have never had any trouble with the same quest on any of my other characters, same league, account, PC settings, and difficulty.

After killing Piety in the Belly of the Beast, she did not offer any quest. Neither did she appear next to the final waypoint (I could activate and use that WP, but it did not play the usual activation sound, and still has the VFX of an unactivated WP).
The black core remains locked, giving me the message to kill the 3 guardians. But neither of them drops their respective quest item.
I ran back to where I killed Piety in the Belly of the Beast. While I can talk to her, she still does not offer any quest. Relogging did not help, either.

Perhaps it is of revelance that I did the run with a summoner build, and my minions killed Piety very fast -- then again I had no problems on Normal difficulty with the same character.

So apparently the issues boils down to Piety not giving me the quest that apparently makes her appear near that WP and tell me to kill the guardians.

I will try again in a couple of minutes when the instances have been reset and check if the bug can be circumvented that way.
Even if that works the bug should be fixed, because if that happens to a first-time player, they will be stuck without knowing why.
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2017, 2:10:50 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Before the instance resets could you enter and use the /bug command?

Your thread would be far more helpful to GGG with a bug reference number. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Doesn't sound like a bug at all to me. Sounds like the quest items were given to piety so she moved to the black core to await the boss fight. You guardians won't drop quest items if they were already turned in. But they still need to be dead in the instance you enter the black core. Your quest log should say as much. Can you post a screenshot showing the quest status?

To move on, kill the guardians and enter the black core in the same instance.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
First of all, thank you for the helpful replies.

I was unable to do the /bug thing because something came up in RL and I had to leave.

mark1030 was right in that killing the guardians was sufficient to enter the black core (and proceed with the game as usual).
However, it was still a bug, as I never collected any of the 3 Malachai organs to begin with (in that difficulty, with that character).
I guess except for providing some confusion, this bug does not have any impact whatsoever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info