[2.6] 9k+ ES, 20% ZO regen Facebreaker Berserker - 360k+ dps Warchief Totem

CI Facebreaker Berserker (kinda joke build)

A lot of the FB builds out there are the squishy ~5k life kind with Abyssus which got me thinking "Everything's better with ES". This build was also made in response to me constantly dying in 1 sec lag spikes, hence to use of totems, a large ES pool and regen.

I also slapped it together with a whole bunch of gear I had lying around in standard league, so there are some legacy stuff used.
So before ES gets the nerf hammer in 3.0 I wanted to document this build.

A bit of warning though; it's not cheap and cannot be levelled as.

Introduction
This build probably wouldn't be possible without ascendancies; Beserker's Aspect of Carnage gives a massive damage boost to the point that it makes it boss viable for most maps.

The idea of this build is to stack as much added flat physical damage as possible from gear and grab as much ES, Zealot's Oath and life regen to soak up and recover from heavy physical hits.

Play style is fairly relaxing for most maps; shield charge around, drop some totems, pop Enduring Cry, chug flasks, and watch mobs die to 1 or 2 hits from each totem. Rinse and repeat. The ES regen is more than enough to heal over tiny hits so you rarely need to stand still for the recharge.
So long you keep at least 1 totem at your feet stun shouldn't be an issue as it will protect you.

Maps to avoid:
  • No regen
  • Phys reflect (totems die after 1 hit)
  • Ele reflect (ok, but really annoying)

Stats
I'll admit the dps is pretty low compared to other Facebreaker builds out there, but it's plenty enough for general mapping and regular Atziri.
Possible to do Guardians and Uber Atziri, but really sketchy.
In order of ease: Chimera, Phoenix, Minotaur, Hydra.

The ES regen shown is lower than it should be; it seems Beast Fur Shawl's effect isn't taken consideration in the calculations, but I assure you it does indeed have an effect.

For labyrinth runs I replace my rings with Kaom's Way, I can literally stand in saw blades and roombas with 9 endurance charges and take no damage!

Baseline offence: HoA + Fire Golem + Ancestral Warchief buffs only

Baseline offence + flasks

Baseline defences: 7 Endurance charges

9 Endurance charges with 2x Kaom's Way + Basalt Flask! That ES regen

Skill Gems
4L - Ancestral Warchief + Melee Physical Damage + Melee Damage on Full Life + Concentrated Effect
5L - Added Fire Damage
6L - Faster Attacks

4L Auras - Discipline + Purity of Elements + Herald of Ash + Enlighten (level 2 should be enough)

2L - Shield Charge + Faster Attacks (Can also add Fortify if you want, though the idea is to not run into packs)

Misc - Enduring Cry, Decoy Totem, Flame Golem, Vulnerability

Gear
With so many uniques taking up slots getting the needed resists can be really tricky.

We are indeed a Facebreaker build.

Stack all the flat phys can get. Steel rings are great and Marble amulet is a nice touch.
Then go for ES and resists on rings and amulet.

Very nice chest piece, super hard to colour right. "Energy Shield Recovery Rate" mod actually affects ES regen though it won't show in stats.
As for everything else, fill out resistances and ES. More emphasis on ES for the shield.

You'll also need 2x Energy from Within jewels

Swap rings for these when you wanna run though labyrinth traps without worries.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info