Crash on "Exit to Character Selection", Reverts all Options to Default

Really annoying bug that keeps happening to me. The game at random crashes when I exit to character selection. Not always but just sometimes, nothing seems to be different in the game when it does or doesn't crash.

When I restart the game after crash, all of my options are reverted back to default. It takes me around 3-4 minutes to set them back to the way they were, that includes keybinds and lootfilter. Please fix it soon, setting my UI and graphics settings every time I start the game is driving me mad. :(
Last edited by DiceeciD on Jun 21, 2017, 3:17:16 PM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2017, 12:12:55 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I can understand graphics and UI resetting as any changes to those could be a cause for a crash so resetting them after a crash makes some sense, but it is very unlikely for keybindings to cause a crash so it makes little sense for them to reset.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jun 22, 2017, 4:14:24 AM
This doesn't happen if you exit to the log in screen instead. Going there and clicking a button to get to the character selection screen is a lot faster than having to re-do all of your options. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
FYI the options will not reset if you manage to save them (done when you log out and not crash)

I.E if you log in change settings then crash those settings are not saved
If you login and change settings and do what Sarno says (log out instead of going to char selection) they should be saved.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
FYI the options will not reset if you manage to save them (done when you log out and not crash)

I.E if you log in change settings then crash those settings are not saved
If you login and change settings and do what Sarno says (log out instead of going to char selection) they should be saved.

Even after having had these settings saved through several launches, after crashing once with the character selection, they still reset to default. Also I understand Now that I can use Log Out instead, but that really shouldn't be the case. If a function has been put there by the developers to be used, it's only right to report an issue with it so they can fix it.
Your misunderstanding. No one here isn't saying that this isn't an issue. They are trying to give you a temporary work around so you aren't completely up shit's creek.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
Your misunderstanding. No one here isn't saying that this isn't an issue. They are trying to give you a temporary work around so you aren't completely up shit's creek.

I understand that and I'm grateful that I can now change characters without all the kerfuffle, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't treated like a non issue just because there is a work around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info