why is GGG nerfing ES so much ??

Can someone logically explain to me how nerfing all ES gear and removing Infused Shield (which gave a huge amount of es 1000+) and lowering the amount discipline gives???

This is a total hit to ES that not many builds other then the 15k plus ES builds, can lose...

How can they justify lowering the gear as well..

Why isn't GGG just removing vaal pact from ES builds (which is fine) remove the Infused Shield and discipline to lower the builds a bit...but still allow the gear to remain the same..

Was it not the intention of GGG to get better gear from Essences, which they implemented..?

Why are they crying about how much ES we get on gear when they made it possible..

Not to mention that ES builds do not get the same amount of defense from evasion and armour like life builds do...

SO why not just make the life pool a bit higher for life builds and allow them to better utilize evasion and armour for great defense and still allow ES to be a higher pool as they need it.....

anyone else??
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2017, 10:25:42 PM
They should give back Infused shield.

Im okay with the gear nerf, since that is mostly a nerf for top tier gear and players,
the Discipline nerf is okay since it got a recharge buff.

Discipline nerf is mostly a top tier nerf again, it really tones down the bonus ES you get from aura level higher than 20.

But why they would remove a passive point that gave ES to anyone I really dont understand.

Just a slap in the face for every ES player.

And all the nerfs together are definitely overnerfing ES into oblivion.

If they dont nerf Infused shield, ES could still be decent,
players would either reach 6.5k life or 9k ES, which I consider a fair balance.

But with how it currently is, a "casual" player who cannot afford 20+ex gear and play 24/7 will most likely reach 8k ES tops.
This is not enough for any CI build,
I dont see why you would ever run 8k ES over 6k life.

Makes absolutely no sense.

They are trying to change the meta game by force with their overtuned changes,
while making a lot of players really unhappy.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Last edited by KalHirol on Jun 20, 2017, 8:24:58 PM
completely agree with you!
Because they're fucking terrible at balance and listen to reddit?

VP???

VP????????

mobs doing 99999999999 damage why is it so good?

can we remove vp?
no?
okay

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
They're changing it to change the META. ES has been the best options for almost every build for a long time now. With these "overkill" changes, life seems to be better at almost everything. Only fair both choices has their time to shine :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Carlyle6 wrote:
Can someone logically explain to me how nerfing all ES gear and removing Infused Shield (which gave a huge amount of es 1000+) and lowering the amount discipline gives???

This is a total hit to ES that not many builds other then the 15k plus ES builds, can lose...

How can they justify lowering the gear as well..

Why isn't GGG just removing vaal pact from ES builds (which is fine) remove the Infused Shield and discipline to lower the builds a bit...but still allow the gear to remain the same..

Was it not the intention of GGG to get better gear from Essences, which they implemented..?

Why are they crying about how much ES we get on gear when they made it possible..

Not to mention that ES builds do not get the same amount of defense from evasion and armour like life builds do...

SO why not just make the life pool a bit higher for life builds and allow them to better utilize evasion and armour for great defense and still allow ES to be a higher pool as they need it.....

anyone else??

Because VP + GR + CI in combination has no downsides, the only downside VP has specifically influences life/lowlife builds, but not CI builds.
Because you can get 900-1000 ES body armors that also have some resists, INT (additionally increasing ES) and a potential 6L-sockets all in one; while life armors don't even come close to that kind of defense, I mean even the 1000HP Kaoms was nerfed to measly 500 while it has no resists or socket to it.
Also evasion and armor are not as efficient at mitigating big hits as big chunks of ES are because of the mechanics of how armor/evasion work.
CI also wasn't meant to be used without downsides as it is atm.
On top of that there is aura (discipline) that gives ES, while there is no aura giving HP even though you can not get that much HP relative to ES.

.....and there are more arguments besides the above.

While I would like to see gear to be left as it is (because I don't like legacy items), and buff life, that would just bring even bigger problem to already existing one - power creep for life builds (ES power creep is already here for years).

While we may not like it, ES nerf across the board is healthier for game than HP buff.

At the end of the day: rational choice > choice based on feelings.
Tears make streams. Fish live in streams. I like fish.
/MonstaMunch
Last edited by Powderoff on Jun 21, 2017, 4:15:40 AM
"
Powderoff wrote:
rational choice > choice based on feelings.

Majority of players know that being able to have as much as 3 times more ES compared to life builds going CI was too much. Therefore, the most "rational" way to balance this situation is to give ES builds like 1-2K more ES than life builds (on average) at the cost of not having: potions, VP, acuity, armor and evasion.

It is so "rational" that now players will have the same pros and cons when deciding which type of build they want to play, right?

"
Carlyle6 wrote:

anyone else??

GGG thinks players dont deserve having high enough pool to survive random oneshots.
They think it's OK to have full HP recovered in 0.5 seconds (Vaal Pact), as well as instant logout. So, the only way to kill player is to oneshot him.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
cause the envious pleb asked it but they'll never stfu.
"
Erial wrote:
"
Powderoff wrote:
rational choice > choice based on feelings.

Majority of players know that being able to have as much as 3 times more ES compared to life builds going CI was too much. Therefore, the most "rational" way to balance this situation is to give ES builds like 1-2K more ES than life builds (on average) at the cost of not having: potions, VP, acuity, armor and evasion.

It is so "rational" that now players will have the same pros and cons when deciding which type of build they want to play, right?

You do realize you're talking about beta changes, meaning they will not necessary come to live version as they are now in beta.
Also my point with "rational choice > choice based on feelings" was that nerf to ES makes a ton more sense than does buff to HP. To what extend this goes, is totally different question.
Tears make streams. Fish live in streams. I like fish.
/MonstaMunch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info