[3.0 Theorycraft] Scion Trickster/Gladiator Blade Furry Poison/Bleed

Hey all,

I worked out this build while on vacation. Looking forward to trying to make a DoT Blade Flurry work with some of the changes to DoTs, the new support skills and the new Ascendancy changes when I get back to my gaming rig and beta key.

KEY POINTS

- Blade Flurry as primary skill with Gladiator ascendancy, Haemophilia unique and skill tree choices granting it a 90% chance to bleed (100% with Dragoon Sword if no Binos). Both Bleed and Poison are then scaled up by choosing Damage Over Time, Physical and Physical/Chaos Damage Nodes as well as a few nodes devoted to scaling up the Bleed and Poison directly.

- Bleed and Poison synergize with each other via bonuses from Heamophilia unique, Bloodletting node, Gladiator Ascendancy, and Vile Toxins Support Gem, meaning that each subsequent hit of Blade Flurry grows stronger from hitting enemies with existing Poison stacks or Bleed.

- SInce Blade Flurry is a melee attack with a large range, engaging from a distance means the mobs will always be moving toward me, causing full damage from bleed.

- Defense is focused on high evasion, some armor, high block chance with shield with spell block, fortify from Whirling Blades with support, one item with evasion/energy shield for the gem slot colors and Trickster bonuses linked to energy shield, CWDT setup with Molten Shell and Immortal Call and an estimated 5kish life with T3 quality gear.

- On Death explosions from Haemophilia and Abyssal Cry.

- Life recovery from flasks and life regen (4% from the tree to balance Blood Rage) (and life leech if you go with that version of the tree)

- Mana recovery from Trickster bonuses, some increased mana regen and mana on block from Testudo node (and mana leech if you go with that version of tree

SKILL GEMS

Blade Flurry + Poison Support + Vile Toxins + Chance To Bleed Support + Rapid Decay + Faster Attacks
CWDT + Immortal Call + Molten Shell + Blood Rage
Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify On Hit
Blasphemy + Vulnerability
Abyssal Cry (Abyssal Cry is probably not very practical, given the ranged play style. I imagine I won't end up using it.)
Stone Golem for more life regen (or Flame Golem for more damage/less likely to die)
Grace (or maybe a second curse with Doedre's Ring for Enfeeble/Temporal Chains for another defensive layer)
Riposte + Reckoning + Poison Support + Vile Toxins (Got a lot of extra gem slots with this build so figured I would try this to passively build up more poison stacks from my high block)

UNIQUES

Haemophilia
Bino's Kitchen Knife (nice to have, but crafted Dragoon Sword otherwise for 100% bleed chance)

PASSIVE SKILL TREE

Initial version
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAVcACBADAH7KSlFMrEd9WypNR-Ii4qQ5PydKyG6qtfI1kti9_gryRTrhpldN4_6PX7CbtcM6IuoyAbIZz3ro1gW1BnAuI3p_53RtbLVIdoLIDLTRFr9qjPVvyBSi2bDYvrzrYxEvKwpd8g5ItzAUCRNtJogA7izphrMVIAkz0TbiLBjbOSUz2el2LYMZtL6nZU29Nkd-hNlhIS_Mtopi7E1GwYIaVVqfZraE79rBdO0FLXrvQKDAv6mVDPesr3TxIWBFqS0wJpVh4lVLb57xs0tXwOMEh4-ZMk6DCYTFbmnV-C5T02_0xkUKNdYxnu3XsVumMgMEGnoCX6QMYN6H1kQlqUgDhMUZABQAAAAEHwG0ABsBRgA1AXgANwEyAAAAAIazGQAUAAAABB8BtAAbAUYANQF4ADcBMgAAAADTbxkAFAAAAAQfAbQAGwFGADUBeAA3ATIAAAAAABAAAAIAB9ABAxgBAhEAAQQAAYYsAOIBFAEBHgAEAAG2AwsBXgEJAV4BAQGEAwYfJ4YAFACBABQAggAUAAYAFAAtAAADFAAFAAHuAg8BXgEQAV4BAQGEAwoBLAEEBw9JABQAiwAUAL4AFADkABQAIAAKAgABAV4BBQAB7gIIASgAEAGWAAIBuAsMAV4BAAAAKAKSAhQABwH6AAEsAQH6AAGQAQEyAAAB-gAEBwf6ABQAeQABFIIAFAAtAsQAFAEBLAEHASwBAlgCeAUB9AEB-gABeAAAAdAHAwMH7gAUAMkAFAAJARQAKABsARQBAR4ABAABUgMPAV4BEAFeAQEBhAMDAweKABQABgAUAD0AFAAgAKACAAEBLAEFAAEmAhgBXgEBAVgCFAEoABcBXgEAAAAgAKACAAEBLAEFAAEmAhcBXgEBAVgCFAEoABYBXgEAAAAgAFcCAAEBLAEFAAGKAgEBWAIJAZYAFwHCAREBLAEAAAAhACoBFAAEAAGKAgwBXgEDAYQDBgEsAQQHA6sAFAA-ABQAAAAAAAA=

Life and mana leech version, but is more dependent on completing Uber Lab. I think this is the one I will ultimately go with.
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAVUACBADAH0qTUfiIuKkOT8nSshuqrXyNZLYvf4K8kU64aZXTeP-jyLqMgGyGc966NYFtQZwLiN6f-d0bWy1SHaCyAy00Ra_aoz1b8gUotmw2L68AO4s6YazFSAJM9E24iwY2zklM9npdi2DGbS-p2VNvTZHfoTZYSEvzLaKYuxNRsGCGlVan2a2hO_awXTtBS1670CgwL-plQz3rK908SFgRaktMCaVYeJVSwSHj5kyTi5T02_0xkUKNdYxnu3Xj2BvJyPTmmrgn9ZYBWZeE-9OYVKTqIqzERpza1dUhmDzb0nVCbs2PZ2qbIxirLFbpjIDBBp6Al-kDGDeh9apSNLoAwm7GQAUAAAABB8BtAAbAUYANQF4ADcBMgAAAACGsxkAFAAAAAQfAbQAGwFGADUBeAA3ATIAAAAA028ZABQAAAAEHwG0ABsBRgA1AXgANwEyAAAAAAAQAAACAAfQAQMYAQIRAAEEAAGGLADiARQBAR4ABAABtgMLAV4BCQFeAQEBhAMGHyeGABQAgQAUAIIAFAAGABQALQAAAxQABQAB7gIPAV4BEAFeAQEBhAMKASwBBAcPSQAUAIsAFAC-ABQA5AAUACAACgIAAQFeAQUAAe4CCAEoABABlgACAbgLDAFeAQAAACgCkgIUAAcB-gABLAEB-gABkAEBMgAAAfoABAcH-gAUAHkAARSCABQALQLEABQBASwBBwEsAQJYAngFAfQBAfoAAXgAAAHQBwMDB-4AFADJABQACQEUACgAbAEUAQEeAAQAAVIDDwFeARABXgEBAYQDAwMHigAUAAYAFAA9ABQAIACgAgABASwBBQABJgIYAV4BAQFYAhQBKAAXAV4BAAAAIACgAgABASwBBQABJgIXAV4BAQFYAhQBKAAWAV4BAAAAIABXAgABASwBBQABigIBAVgCCQGWABcBwgERASwBAAAAIQAqARQABAABigIMAV4BAwGEAwYBLAEEBwOrABQAPgAUAAAAAAAA

Feedback welcome.
Last edited by MadRabbitPoE on Jun 20, 2017, 7:31:24 PM
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2017, 1:56:41 PM
Rampage Rank 7 lv 100 BONJWA_TOP_DAWG
Talisman SC Rank 7 Lv 100 LaBonjwa_Neymar
Last edited by Mainoffender on Jun 19, 2017, 3:51:49 AM
I give that build a try after beta wipe.
Which shield you think is good for this build?
A rare one or unique?
I checked the unique shield section and maybe Great Old One's Ward fits to this build?

"
Adds (8-12) to (15-20) Physical Damage to Attacks
(6-10)% increased Attack Speed
+(50-70) to maximum Life
(8-12)% Chance to Block Spells

Since you get flat phys dmg, atk speed and spell block.
But you maybe miss some resists.

Maybe i missed something in the tree but does the build have life leech?
In my opinion a melee char needs some kind of life leech - which is easy possible with phys dmg.
But should you then go for Vaal Pact?
What do you think?
"
Phiro wrote:
I give that build a try after beta wipe.
Which shield you think is good for this build?
A rare one or unique?
I checked the unique shield section and maybe Great Old One's Ward fits to this build?

"
Adds (8-12) to (15-20) Physical Damage to Attacks
(6-10)% increased Attack Speed
+(50-70) to maximum Life
(8-12)% Chance to Block Spells

Since you get flat phys dmg, atk speed and spell block.
But you maybe miss some resists.

Maybe i missed something in the tree but does the build have life leech?
In my opinion a melee char needs some kind of life leech - which is easy possible with phys dmg.
But should you then go for Vaal Pact?
What do you think?

I am just planning on using flasks and life regen for life recovery, because it's not exactly a melee character due to the range on Blade Flurry.

If I felt I needed leech, I would just respect to get the Vitality Void cluster of nodes, since I path right by them. Not sure what I would drop for it.

I probably won't take Vaal Pact, because building for damage over time gives you a lot of life regen naturally. I don't see physical reflect being a huge problem, because of not only how Blade Flurry works mechanically, but because I am back loading my damage into the poison and bleeds. I just don't see myself one shotting myself on a reflect mob when I am not paying attention.

I am undecided on a shield at the moment. That one looks good, but at the same time, you get a lot of increased shield bonuses from the nodes I picked, so going with a non-unique one and trying to get as much armor/evasion as I can out of it has merit.
Last edited by MadRabbitPoE on Jun 20, 2017, 4:39:55 AM
Looks nice...last time i played a scion was a couple of years ago.Do you have a pastebin for PoB?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
azamantes wrote:
Looks nice...last time i played a scion was a couple of years ago.Do you have a pastebin for PoB?

I'll add one this weekend when I get back in town. Only got my Mac so no PoB atm.
I added a second version of the tree that is more dependent on completing uber lab, but adds more life and mana leech at the expense of some life, evasion and damage. I think I like it better.
What about the new Red Storm cluster near the Iron Grip for Initial Build? Looks like probable improvement in 100% bleed chance + base physical damage improvement
Last edited by Gravolt on Aug 11, 2017, 12:20:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info