Quality of Life for Spectres???

With all the new monster types added into the game, is there going to be anything to help summoners with spectres. Been testing out my summoner so far in beta, there seems to be a lot of good monter types that can be raised, but the chance of getting good minion types in maps that you are gear/colored to raise as spectres is very poor now. I've ran ~20 maps with maybe 1-2 of them having something decent that I would use as spectre. Anyone else have any thoughts about this, not sure what a solution would be even. Probably the most easy idea would be to have spectre gem work similar to how animate gaurdian works, if you log off and back on allow you to cast skill to pull up the last spectre that was raised?
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2017, 7:05:58 AM
Been asked frequently for close to 5 years. It's not that they don't know. People want to be able to retain their best specters... some go as far as to not log out for days on end.

It would require a major re-write of how the skill functions. I know... it seems like it would be easy enough. But if it was, they'd have done it.
Ya, I would figure as much, just sucks since I perfer summoner to all other builds I've played in the 5 years I've played, and each time new acts, ect. get added to the game that make it better, just makes it much harder to find spectres in maps that have good AI/Damage output/survivability. Guess the next thing to do is just carry multiple of the same item with different colors in my inventory incase I need to swap from spell caster to pyhiscal spectres depending on my RNG in maps
I thought this was a thing discussed publicly for 3.0, even if it may have been deferred? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Havent seen anything, may have to go around the forums a bit to find it, do you happen to have a link?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1876213/page/1

"
We're hoping to have improvements to how spectres are stored, with the eventual goal of having spectres persist through logouts.

Last edited by Morgoul on Jun 17, 2017, 11:30:18 PM
really shouldent be quality of undeath?

I mean specters are not alive
I dont see any any key!
Currently if you raise a spectre, if you go into a map and use desecrate corpses of the spectres you raised will occasionally spawn. This means you can raise a cannibal fire-eater from the coast in act 1, then go to a t16 map, desecrate will occasionally spawn in a cannibal fire-eater. I'd imagine the same would be true in the beta
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
The Spectre situation is the reason why I don´t play my witch any more (the old lady is 1600 days old...still from the beta).
I was already painful to do all the procedures over and over again when the game was "stable".
Now, with all the common disconnections, lost game host crashes etc., it´s unplayable. The last time I played my necromancer was that one day where I
- went to the eternal lab
- unsocketed my gems
- desecrated corpses until I found some flame sentinels
- summoned my spectres
- resocketed my gear
- went to a high tier map to have a chance for high lvl sentinels
- got them, summoned them (unsocketed my gear again)...
- went to the map I actually wanted to play...

CRASH.

Rinse and repeat, 3 times. After losing almost 1 hour of my rare playtime, I rage quit and started a new character.

This needs to be changed... we need a safe function for buffs and spectres so you log in exactly how you logged out. It must be possible, right.
"
k1rage wrote:
really shouldent be quality of undeath?

I mean specters are not alive

I both hate and love you for this.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type