[3.5] *The Perfect Storm* Shock Nova / Storm Call Elementalist

"
Benihimee wrote:
Why go armor mix with this build rather than pure es?

ES gets a bit of a nerf in 3.0, so I wanted to rather go for mitigation rather than an ES pool.

Armour / ES is also relatively easy to color, with the exception of the Belly :D
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Added two Beta videos.

Currently at level 66 and upgrading gear for mapping.

Got a 5L Pledge of Hands with 5 fusing and 10 jewellers, I'll post more updates soon.
edit - nevermind found it
Last edited by cadenb on Jul 12, 2017, 1:13:11 PM
Why didn't you go for Inquisitor?

What do you think of this 3.0 tree (leave away mana nodes or something like that until 90+)?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswceB2MI9A3RDkgPxBEtEZYTcRZAFm8Wvxo4G8gc3B0UHYMgbiL0JKomlScvKYsqCyycMFsy0TY9Nuk7fDwFPV9BlkPIRUdFnUlPSVFMs08EUDBSU1NSVUtVxliuWfNboF3yXqVfKmHiYqxjQ2ZUZp5o8mpDbAtsjG0ZcFJyD3wOfIN_xoAwg9uFMoV9idOMNo5kjxqPRo_6kFWSbpMnlG-VLpctl5WX9Jrgm26dqqEvogCio6cIp1Wsl66ztvq4yrmTvFa8qrzqvorAZsMJy73P3dAf0PXSfNte34bjauOE6-Tr7uv173zv6_Af8NXxivId96b60g==

And thank you for the beta information.
Last edited by foojin on Jul 12, 2017, 9:32:33 AM
Pretty interesting build. I just got a 6L Pledge and may try it before 3.0.

Considering breaches should be pretty difficult to come by next patch and league, do you have an alternative for Choir of the Storm?

Also, considering the difficulty of off-colouring a Belly of the Beast and the relative low life you're gonna end with without it, what about Lightning Coil for better mitigation?
"
foojin wrote:
Why didn't you go for Inquisitor?

What do you think of this 3.0 tree (leave away mana nodes or something like that until 90+)?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswceB2MI9A3RDkgPxBEtEZYTcRZAFm8Wvxo4G8gc3B0UHYMgbiL0JKomlScvKYsqCyycMFsy0TY9Nuk7fDwFPV9BlkPIRUdFnUlPSVFMs08EUDBSU1NSVUtVxliuWfNboF3yXqVfKmHiYqxjQ2ZUZp5o8mpDbAtsjG0ZcFJyD3wOfIN_xoAwg9uFMoV9idOMNo5kjxqPRo_6kFWSbpMnlG-VLpctl5WX9Jrgm26dqqEvogCio6cIp1Wsl66ztvq4yrmTvFa8qrzqvorAZsMJy73P3dAf0PXSfNte34bjauOE6-Tr7uv173zv6_Af8NXxivId96b60g==

And thank you for the beta information.

It's defintely possible as inquisitor, although I am a big fan of witches :)

The main advantage of a witch is double golem, status effects and reflect reduction.

I am testing Pendulum of Destruction over Beacon of Ruin at the moment, so I'll post an update soon.
"
opethsland wrote:
Pretty interesting build. I just got a 6L Pledge and may try it before 3.0.

Considering breaches should be pretty difficult to come by next patch and league, do you have an alternative for Choir of the Storm?

Also, considering the difficulty of off-colouring a Belly of the Beast and the relative low life you're gonna end with without it, what about Lightning Coil for better mitigation?

For DPS necklaces, just grab a nice rare with stats, life, resistances and if possible crit chance or damage.

I'm pretty optimistic about breaches, hoping they will up the spawn chance.

Right now in Beta my necklace has dex/str/life and a resist and I'm doing ok, although Choir is a MAJOR upgrade for DPS and best in slot.

If we are using Lightning Coil and Choir of the Storm we are going to have a lot of issues capping lightning resistance, which is going to make gearing a lot more difficult. Aside from that, MoM and IC are really nice for bigger hits. Belly is nice for the life pool, second best would be a nice armor with high life and resistance rolls.

I made the change to MoM with my 5L Pledge of Hands at 72 and really notice the difference. Even with 3.5k life I die a lot less wearing only crappy rares and 5L. Main issue at the moment is DPS (for bosses, everything else is easy) but then again, I am missing a few DPS nodes and I am not using power charges (will get those soon) or jewel slots.

I'll post a video today or tomorrow with my current Beta progress.

Last edited by Darksagex on Jul 13, 2017, 6:14:56 AM
Been lurking around in your guide and was wondering if there's any room for the lightning dash in this build (Charged Dash) or is it not suited for the this kind of playstyle?

P.s Good job on the guide and i'm looking forward to try it out in 3.0
Been playing this build in Beta, like it so far but here is my problem:

-The amulet is unobtainable so far in Beta so alot of damage is lost.
-Currency is hard to obtain so belly is hard to get unless you can make currency really fast. (50+ Chaos) same with Vinktar's
-Damage seems low once you get to 65+ i have all the nodes apart from the life

my pledge is 4L atm, same with my chest, though i doubt 6 links on both is going to make considerable difference or will it?

i don't really know how else this build can be made stronger i am struggling on t2 maps at the moment so whether this build for now can push further i doubt it, unless someone find more damage. Maybe i am noob i don't know, not that skilled in the game only been playing for 2 months or so.

Great job on the build though its a fun build overall.
Last edited by Dragonisis01 on Jul 19, 2017, 2:38:37 PM
Thank you OP for making this build, it has revitalized my interest in PoE. I have all of the gear except the two stone ring and choir of the storm. Currently trying to score the amulet at a good price but haven't been lucky enough yet. If you know of a cheap one let me know!

Thank you again for making this build I have been having a blast!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info