Immolate support and righteous fire?

If I have righteous fire running on one link and on a separate link run cyclone with immolate, would cyclone receive the added fire damage since the target is "burning" from RF? Doesn't seem to be working in path of building but seems like it should. This game is so confusing sometimes I can't imagine being a totally new player trying to figure it out.
Last bumped on Aug 1, 2017, 9:48:00 PM
no it should not. added damage can apply to hits only. ofc added damage affects Ignite base damage (It has always done that) but RF in not Ignite.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
no it should not. added damage can apply to hits only. ofc added damage affects Ignite base damage (It has always done that) but RF in not Ignite.

Can you give some examples how this gem would be used? Immolate says "added x fire damage again burning enemies" says nothing about ignited enemies.
Yeah, it should work.

Immolate = Added Fire Damage on skill if hitting a burning target.

Righteous Fire = Counts as burning.

Would also work for stuff like Fire Trap's persistent ground patch, Scorching Ray and of course, Ignite. All count as "Burning".

(Helps if you read posts before responding to them eh?)
The wording of the Immolate gem suggests that, in your scenario, Cyclone would indeed get the added fire damage bonus.

The gem doesn't specify the source of the burning, and since "burning" means "any fire damage over time effect", the burning effect can be from burning ground, Searing Bond, Scorching Ray, Righteous Fire, or any other source of fire dot.

I don't see any reason why Cyclone wouldn't be able to get the bonus, provided the mob is in RF range.

On a side note, I don't think the mechanics of this game are intended to be completely understood by a new player... Part of the joy of playing this game is "discovering" these interactions for yourself.

- here's my sig
Last edited by AcrylicHercules on Jun 16, 2017, 4:32:19 PM
yeah, that would work just fine, assuming the targets being hit by cyclone are within your RF range (which they should easily be unless you're pulling some weird weapon range shenanigans). In fact it seems like one of the most optimal ways to use it (good ole rf-mjolner-cyclone ought to make a comeback with it, i'm planning on doing that myself when 3.0 hits).

And burning includes ignited enemies, ignite is just a specific subset of burning damage.
oh sorry, for some reason Ive seen the typical "does added damage apply to RF" question there..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Shppy wrote:
yeah, that would work just fine, assuming the targets being hit by cyclone are within your RF range (which they should easily be unless you're pulling some weird weapon range shenanigans). In fact it seems like one of the most optimal ways to use it (good ole rf-mjolner-cyclone ought to make a comeback with it, i'm planning on doing that myself when 3.0 hits).

And burning includes ignited enemies, ignite is just a specific subset of burning damage.

Love that idea. May give it a go myself :D
Silly Question Dept,

(in Beta) when or where is this Gem available ?

tx
X
where can i buy this gem...its no where to be found (beta)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info