Occultist Chaos dmgs + curse dmgs high sustain and chaos immune build test

Last bumped on Jun 12, 2017, 4:19:10 PM
Damn still no one who reply...
I'm like you, new player and building an occultist chaos+curse+chaos immune, but i think i can help you alot, I'm lvl 44 and i watch what other occultist build in the ladder.
So:
-You don't need so much basic nodes (+10 int or +30 dext), socket jewels are far better
-You don't need so much mana regen, at my lvl i've got 85% of my mana reserved for aura, no mana regen nodes and still i never use a mana potion: i get more mana than i spend with the first chaos spell!!
-Same whith cast speed, like all chaos and curse spell are on duration, and that you spam only channeling spells, you don't really need to cast quickly your spells... It's maybe better to increase area spells, as at my lvl there's only area spells (exept essence drain).
-I don't think that power charges are good with the occultist (especialy that there is at my lvl only one spell who can crit: essence drain), it's ,i think, better to let other characters take care of that.
-All chaos damage i saw so far are on duration, so think about invest more in the Shadow sector
-One curse is I think not enough. 2 curses allow you to put a defensive curse and an offensive one everytime, which is a good combo imo :p

Here what I've made, inspired by the other occultist^^:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAFvBAcNfA5ID6sQexEvEVARlhNtFAkVfhXXFr8YahslHRQdTx3ZHwIi6iL0JIsmiCsKLJwspiy_NAo1uTbFN2Y5Uj1fQ1REq0kTS65Ms05tUilSU1KvVa5V4FZjWAdYWlxAXGtd8l9qZp5n_GnYaoxsC20ZdZ52gngvfOV88H6hf8aCEIRIhMWGrofLiEKJ4It6jHaPRo-mj_qQ1pEHknSTH5Mnl5WX9Juhm7WcMqEvotmlxKcrp5utSrDYtAy00bVItzC3MbtNu_y-Or6KwcXDOsNtxvfIDMgUytPPFdAf0NDZW9sa3V_fit-w4vfmWOha6QLquutj7Bjv6_Rx9W_3wffX-tI=

EDIT: I see also lot of ppl investing in flask nodes, it's maybe a good idea to invest here, but right now i don't see how powerfull are flask^^.
Last edited by Amavanol on Jun 12, 2017, 7:58:04 AM
Hi :) I've looked at your tree and finally I think yours is indeed much better than mine, I seem to have overestimated few things and underestimated others which wasted quite a bit my skill points especially the jewels socket that's something I didn't know was important actually, thank you for the tip. ^^
However there is still few things that bothers me :

-Since our build is based on 1 hp in exchange of chaos imunity, we must really pay attention of our ES quantity and regen so don't you think playing Vaal pact and life leech buf would be more efficent ? Since we are playing channelling spells, it reduce our mobility (can't move while chanelling), wouldn't Vaal pact-life leech buf provide us a larger sustain and while making it instantaneous? On the other hand normal regen doesn't trigger during a fight and the amount on ES sustained is lower than the former method, no?

-Could you give me the active skills (gems) you intend to use with that build please? Which curses are you thinking to combo?

-About the items (armor, weapon, etc...), in the previous link on POE planner I posted, I preselected a stuff which seemed right but I messed up with the armour which gives Blood magic and would kill me every single time I'd cast XD. Do you have any ideas?

-Is it possible to remove stats on an item, such as the "Socketed gems have blood magic" on "The Covenant Spidersilk Robe"? I know a lvl 8 armourmaster can erase a stat he forged but I don't know about the item's basic stat.

-For the flasks, I don't see either although the flasks can be usefull but I don't feel like it's necessary to use skill points for that but if a lot of people do it I guess it is viable x)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info