Spelling mistakes and typos

Huck's buddy's gender changes between sentences.

ibew 558

It is not all curses its affecting. Only punishment itself.
Waste of currency.
Last edited by DillDill on Sep 22, 2020, 7:59:40 PM
The bindle name isn't a typo (at least I assume it isn't). Bindles are an actual thing (check google :D).If you zoom in on them you can see a sack of stuff, which when attached to a stick is a bindle. I've seen 2 people report it so far so leaving this for any future reference.
The Vulnerability skill gem says: AILMENTS INFLICTED ON CURSED ENEMIES DEALS DAMAGE 20% FASTER
DEALS should be DEAL, since AILMENTS is plural.
Replica Hyrri's Truth

"HAtred has 50% less Mana Reservation" should be "Hatred has 50% less Mana Reservation" :)
There are multiple dialogues in the planning room that have the wrong names with the dialogues. There are at least 2 involving Huck and Isla that are wrong, may be more.
Came for the same reason as IonDrako.

Example (HD + sound on) : https://gfycat.com/delectableignorantdragon
This isn't a spelling mistake or typo, but I think it might fit here anyway. Certainly has the same low priority.
Twice, I heard my Marauder (my 1st real Marauder playthrough) exclaim "Return to the dirt!" (after a rare monster kill or something similar) but I swear it was the voice and accent of the Templar voice actor. I could be wrong, it's one of those things that just kind of barely registers and you go, "wait a second, what was that?" But this second time I picked it up quicker and wrote it down immediately.
Splitting Steel‌

look at the last symbol of Steel‌. There is some invisible symbol in the game so when you copy it you cant find it on trade.
Last edited by kovarniypidor on Sep 24, 2020, 6:22:55 PM

"Rogue's Markers" should be plural.

"equipped to" is programmer-speak and puts some fairly mangled affordances on "equip." It's true that this phrasing allows the player to retain agency in the sentence (i.e. we don't expect the Heist members to put the gear on themselves) but that should be written out separately. The phrasing used for the reminder text on Maps is pretty good:

"
Travel to this Map by using it in a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once.

So maybe something like:

"
Can only be used by Heist Rogues. Visit the Rogue Harbour to manage your team's equipment.

Relatedly the Cassia Oil text could use some rewriting; the current text is:

"
Can be combined with other Oils at Cassia to Enchant Rings or Amulets, or to modify Blighted Maps.
Shift-click to unstack.

This again is too model-centric: if I didn't know that Cassia were a person, I'd assume her to be a (very much inanimate) crafting bench. Perhaps something like:

"
Commune with Cassia to anoint your items with combinations of Oils. Anointment can apply Enchantments to Rings, Amulets, and Blighted Maps.
Shift-click to unstack.

(Usefully this also says "your items" which ensures players understand items won't be provided for them. Not terribly important in this situation, but saying "your items" more often in reminder text might help manage expectations elsewhere.)

Some older items have much less plain reminder text, e.g. Silver Coins exhort the player to "Cross Navali's palm with silver to receive a prophecy"—without capitalizing "prophecy" or describing Hinekora's oracle as a vending machine. Obviously you guys have a lot of work to do these days, but it can be a really good space to add flavour.
Have you ever considered trading the sword for the plow, Exile?
Last edited by hexadecima on Sep 26, 2020, 1:56:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info