[2.6] Cast on Weapon Swap

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIf-2zS6Yyo
Atlas of Build: https://gifyu.com/images/cows.png

Insanity Essence crafted weapons auto-summon Spectral Spirits when equipped. Weapon swap causes the spirits to die, proccing Heartbound Loop's self-damage, which in turn triggers CWDT. The self-damage also procs Berserker's 100% leech giving us more than enough sustain to offset the self-damage.

Pros:
- Hilarious mechanics
- Trigger 12 spells 3+ times per second
- DPS while moving
- Spells auto-target
- Easy to build
- Affordable
- Can start playing at level 60

Cons:
- HP can dip low from self-damage. Expect to die.
- Can be laggy
- Weapon swapping is a bit laggy
- Without instant ES leech this build may be unplayable in 3.0

Details
Self-Damage
Two Heartbound loops means every minion death hits us for 700 phys. This build has 15% increased damage taken so that bumps it up to 805 damage. With three spirits we take a total of 2405 damage, which is just enough for lvl 16 CWDT. It is important for the character to have 0 armour or any sort of physical damage reduction.

The self-damage is also used to proc Cloaked in Savagery. The three spirit deaths hit separately, so we need 805 damage to remove 15% of our max health. That means our max health cannot be over 5366.

To improve our eHP we add ES and go hybrid. This works out perfectly for gearing because we cannot use armour bases and evasion bases are useless due to Unwavering Stance. So ES bases were already the best bases. Also we use a lot of blue gems so ES bases are easier to color.

Hybrid Leech
We need to sustain both life and ES. To do that we use Essentia Sanguis in one of the two weapon sets to get Ghost Reaver. Because we're weapon swapping to deal damage we'll be constantly switch between life leech and ES leech.

Crit
Due to the large amounts of spells we're triggering it is extremely likely for at least one of them to crit, proccing Elemental Overload. So there's not much need to stack crit.

Alternatively you can go crit if you think you can do it. I just personally dislike stacking crit.

Blood Magic
I'm taking Blood Magic solely for the life nodes behind it. Not reserving mana also allows us to use Clear Mind.

Alternatively you can not take Blood Magic and use Heralds and Anger. I'm not sure if they improve DPS because they take up sockets, reducing the number of spells we can trigger.

Elemental Equilibrium
I can't tell if EE boosts damage in theory, and I can't tell if EE boosts damage in practice, so I didn't take it.

Proc Rate
CWDT has a 250ms cooldown, which mean a max of 4 procs per second or 240 procs per minute. In practice you can only get to about 200 procs per minute due to the weapon swap lag. To help weapon swap at the optimal speed I turn off in-game music and sound effect, listen to music in the 190~200 bpm range, and weapon swap to the beat. Weapon swapping too fast or too slow will hurt your DPS.

Items
Required Items

More DPS

Insanity Weapon Base
To dual wield with Essentia Sanguis, we need a 1H weapon. Opal Sceptre, Void Sceptre, and Sambar Sceptre have the best implicits. The other swap should be 2H so we can have a 6L. Staves is the only 2H base that can roll spell damage. Up to you whether you want to use block or crit implicit. You can use The Dark Mage divination cards to get a random 6L ilvl 55 staff.

My Items

Last edited by RaynQuist on Jun 20, 2017, 3:19:20 AM
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2017, 3:52:34 AM
I have to say.... THIS IS
AWESOME

Builds like this are the reason why i love poe so much.
Playing around with it myself and it just feels great, and feels quite tanky aswell.

Thank you for this awesome idea
So I have tested this out a little on the beta. Only have about 600ES and i struggle to get half of that between packs from leech. The way your ES fluctuates in your video is the way my life fluctuates on the beta. I am unsure on how to make the build reliable without instant ES leech
Nice build RaynQuist, this kind of things keeps PoE alive for me haha.
I was thinking that using this jewel can allow you to migrate to a Life based build for 3.0.

With 4 Fragile Bloom, Aspect of Carnage and The Beast Fur Shawl we get 55% increased damage taken and 8% life regenerated per second.
To triger Cloaked in Savagery we need 7233 HP and additionally we get 578 life/sec from jewels.
Without The Beast Fur Shawl we need 7000 HP and we get 560 life/sec.
Without Aspect of Carnage and The Beast Fur Shawl we need 6533 HP and we get 522 life/sec.

With a tree similar to this one you can easily reach 7000 HP.

4x Fragile Bloom
1x Clear Mind
1x Fevered Mind

That is my idea =P.
Last edited by Wipple on Jun 16, 2017, 11:05:02 AM
why not running RF? should be easy to sustain the degen with ur leech
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"
guggelhupf wrote:
why not running RF? should be easy to sustain the degen with ur leech

Ah yes I forgot to mention RF. You can definitely run RF if you can handle the degen. It's just a bit too stressful for me personally.

"
Wipple wrote:
Fragile Bloom

Can't regen with VP. If you want to add regen I would try to do it without Cloaked in Savagery to remove the HP cap. Because you'll be limited by the leech cap anyway, and taking 45% of your life as damage every swap would be quite difficult for regen to keep up.

"
CAJOS wrote:
So I have tested this out a little on the beta. Only have about 600ES and i struggle to get half of that between packs from leech. The way your ES fluctuates in your video is the way my life fluctuates on the beta. I am unsure on how to make the build reliable without instant ES leech

Thanks for testing! That's kinda what I figured. I also haven't figured out a good version for 3.0. The best I've come up with so far is either regen+leech+mom, or Abyssus. They probably won't be as good as the current version. I'm still hoping that there will be some new stuff in 3.0 that we can use.
You're right, I forget about that aspect of Vaal Pact. But the regeneration of life points is not important, my idea was to increase the damage taken to be able to stack more life points and make a life based Talent Tree. I'm leveling a Marauder to test the interactions with Fragile Bloon anyways hehe.
Having more life with increased damage taken doesn't improve your ehp. Say you have 100% inc dmg taken, this allows you to stack life up to an impressive 9333. However you would still die after taking 4667 base damage, same as if you just had 0% inc dmg taken and 4666 max life. The fact that 700 base damage has to remove 15% of your life means that 4667 base damage has to remove 100% of your life. Inc dmg taken doesn't change that.

Inc dmg taken is for triggering higher level CWDT (and getting fragile bloom regen) at the cost of needing to stack more life. It's not for increasing ehp.
Can you post your spell damage values?

Just to compare with mines.

I'm trying an assassin version.
More dps but leech is an issue, removes the savage hit/hybrid ghost reaver clunkyness though as I can go full ES (around 9k at the moment).
Not 100% sure it was worth it though getting 2.1k hp/swap is challenging.
Also I have to fix my cwdt as the swap ones seem to reset the damage taken at each swap.

Currently doing fine in shaped strands around level 85, but I have to use triple vinktar to make it smooth even with warlord/blasphemy (which i may therefore remove for anger).

Bosses with no adds are a pain unless I can take them down in 15s (duration of my 3 vinktars), I should get a 2nd curse with ele weakness in a few levels, should help.

This build deletes packs though, super fun and not so laggy in the end (also you're still alive most of the time after the lag, even if stun/frozen lol).

I also need to try maligaro lens and 6l swap weapons, but i kinda like to have the ES from shields.
Going full ES have some advantages though, like using voidbringers.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Jun 19, 2017, 5:18:07 AM
Here are my tooltips with EO and Cloaked in Savagery up. No flasks
Spoiler
fireball_______8049.25
vortex_______7485.5___(8196.7 dot)
ice nova_____7468.5
magma orb___7342.5
spark________3996.5*
ball lightning__1366.25

These are linked with penetration
flame surge___5894.5
frostbolt______5793*
arctic breath__5114*
shock nova___4892
ice spear_____4600.5*
arc__________4184.5
firestorm _____1859

*procs every other swap. spark has culling strike

For ES versions I think using shields is the best way to go, especially if you're reserving mana. Auras/heralds don't need 4-links, so you can put them in your 3L. As long as you put them in both swaps in the exact same sockets they won't turn off when you weapon swap. For your other 3L you can have curses/cull/other utility spells. This way you still get pretty good utilization out of your weapon/shield links, and get nice ES from shields.

This build procs way more hits than typical builds, which means that the overkill damage (and thus the amount leeched) is much lower than other builds with similar dps. On the flip side reflect is also much less threatening. It's cool that you managed get enough leech without Berserker. That may be what we'll have to do for 3.0.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info