Different sounds/animations for getting duplicates in the new MTX system

I don't know if this is already implemented as the new mtx system isn't released yet, but I was thinking about the new animation/sound for opening mystery boxes and how there should be a different sound/animation (not as exciting) for getting a duplicate of a mtx you already have. I think this would improve the experience of getting a good item much more and potentially lead to more box sales. Take the sound of uniques dropping for example. When I first played, I would always be listening out for it and get really excited when it did happen. However after a while of getting 'trash' uniques, the novelty of the sound began to wear off and it usually just resulted in a mild eyebrow raise when I actually did get something interesting. This reduced novelty affect will probably happen for opening mystery boxes as well if there is the same notification for getting a 'bad' reward (i.e. duplicate) rather than a 'good' one, leading to a lesser 'reward' feeling which is what the demand for the mystery box thrives on. I know this is only a small concern and doesn't really affect players directly, but it might lead to increased popularity of the mystery box and hence greater sales revenue for GGG.
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2017, 10:30:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info