2.6 - Righteous Scorching Firestorm

This build revolves around the following 3 skills:
- Righteous Fire
- Scorching Ray
- Firestorm

and why?
Because in my opinion those 3 skills combined create the ultimate fire sorceress.

I also did not want to use Rise of the Phoenix, because I believe a real sorceress uses a staff and not a shield!

TO make this build work, you only need Kintsugi in order to survive righteous fire, since this build doesn't use a shield (no Rise of the Phoenix)
So far I have spend 1.5 exalt and I deal around 30k dps (with some neat - enemy fire resistance)

And this is what it looks like

Required gear

How does it work
With lvl 20 purity of Fire + 25% increased effect from passives + barbarism passive skill, we get 81 fire resistance. We then use kintsugi, so that only +/- 14.5% life regen is required. This will still require a lot of passive skills (see my passive skill tree), but is doable.
However, whenever you receive damage you will lose the damage reduction from kintsugi. This is why I recommend life leech in your firestorm / scorching ray setup.

Gem setup
Scorching Ray - Cast while channeling - Firestorm - Controlled Destruction - Life Leech - Rapid Decay
CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Molten Shell
Blasphemy - Warlords Mark
Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Less Duration
Stone Golem
Fire Golem
Arctic Armour
Purity of Fire (must lvl 20)
RIghteous Fire

My gear

ps. Use firestorm for leveling up until lvl 38, then you can start using scorching ray + cast while channeling (which is soo much fun leveling). Basically anything dies before it can reach you.

pps. Unfortunately I am playing this game on a surface tablet, which is why I cant provide you guys with an amazing video. This is also why I don't know how amazing this build can become. Joining up in parties lowers my fps to below 1 :/

ppps. Tips and feedback are much appreciated. I haven't played this game for very long, so this build might be improved in many ways.
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2017, 8:13:30 AM
i will try this in 3.0 beta
The idea is nice..and it would work.

But with a rise of the pheonix and a doryanis catalyst, then you will get similar dmg, a bit lower. BUT you will save a ton of passive nodes.
im going to play a berserker with scorching ray cwc firestorm in 3.0...testing it now.

The only obvious con to your build is your life pool...i looked it over..with work you will get like 4k..
Im reaching 5.8-6.7k (without kaoms).
By picking berserker over witch, im getting the savage hit mechanism, that makes it possible for me to facetank strong and tough bosses, like the minotaur.

What is the toughest content you have fought so far?? im interrested :)
Last edited by hyyyben on Jun 22, 2017, 8:17:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info