Race Event 10: 24h BLAMT Malachai

This event is part of the Beta Events Schedule. You can read more about this schedule here.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Dead characters will still be eligible for prizes.

Active Mods
The following league mods are active during this event:
  • Ancestral: All areas except towns have enemy totems spread across the zone that grant benefits to your enemies and attempt to kill you.
  • Blood Magic: Characters act as if they have the Blood Magic passive allocated. This will cause them to consume life instead of mana for skills with mana cost and mana reservations.
  • Fixed Seed: All instances of a given area have the same area layout, for all players. Multiple Race Events will regularly have the same seed. That is, the instance area layouts will be same in all the races of a fixed seed set. This includes all Signature events.
  • Lethal: Monsters deal 50% increased damage. Monsters have 50% of their physical damage is added as cold damage, as fire damage, and as lightning damage.
  • Multiple Projectiles: Monsters have four additional projectiles when using projectile based skills/attacks.
  • Turbo: Monsters run, attack and cast 60% faster than normal.

A summary of Time based events:

Time based events are designed to create a competitive environment where players compete not by character experience, but by their ability to progress through the game and complete specific objectives, such as killing bosses.

The boss required to be defeated for this race is: Malachai, The Nightmare, located in The Harvest.

• The time recorded is based from the beginning of the race, not when your character is created.
  • Characters will not appear on the ladder until they have completed the objective.

Prizes:

The top player of each of the seven classes by time will receive a Demigod's Dominance (Unique Golden Mantle).

Prizes for this event:
The following prizes are available to players who achieve specific time ranks.:
  • Top 200: 50x Beta Keys and 50x Ebony Footprints.
  • Top 100: 30x Gore Skull.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2018, 6:48:41 PM
I'm so hyped for this! Can't wait to play it :)
Yeah best Race Mode ever!
How the hell anyone gonna get to Malachai
I am so excited that I just cannot hide it!
@Zizaran ingame
"
Skyl3lazer wrote:
How the hell anyone gonna get to Malachai

it's possible for sure ;)

check out the old race from some time ago: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1464003

there are also videos of successful kills. Helman for example has one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NF0ixKNOc
Last edited by Ryouko on Jun 2, 2017, 10:01:57 AM
I died to malachai on a shitty Bow Duelist last time. I need to theorycraft something better...

I'll probably try bow into sunder into dual warchief totems this time. Ancestral bond is a long ways away though... gonna need ALL the skillpoints.
top 200 :D while only if you kill you in top and last time 13ppl did it ;D more or less if you kill him you got key:D
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
>implying 200+ people will actually finish this race...

Also, people need to read...

You may not party in this league.
Last edited by alphaccount on Jun 3, 2017, 2:51:25 PM
tanked izaro back in BLMST but malachai one shotted me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type