Inquisitor's Malice - Lacerate CoC Frostbolt/Freezing Pulse

Hey there Exiles.
Here is a build showcase to my Inquisitor Malice.
Included is a video explaining some of the choices in resources
and videos include Double Beyond Shaped Shore maps.
This has been the most fun build ive enjoyed so far on POE.
Sadly the future is uncertain after the Fall of Oriath Beta, lets hope it survives.
Also being said there is the Freezerator and Donny Dunns version.
Freezerator is a bit out dated and wasnt dialed.
Donny Dunns version (viewable on youtube) was dialed to be able to handle all content.
More to come and I hope you enjoy.
Happy hunting.
Hussar

Build Guide Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBRYPcZaHf0

Double Beyond Shaped Shore (Atlas buffed):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZjILVQlmUQ&feature=youtu.be

Shaped Shore with Atlas Buff + Double Beyond / Breach: NEW VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhpIaqWyTkE&feature=youtu.be

Build Overview (ill add to this when i can):

Bandits point point alira

Gear Overview:

Essential Gear:

Choice of gear:
ES gear is expensive, i went with crafting every rare from scratch.
Its a build that pays for itself which allows the enjoyment of the crafting side of POE.

Choice of boots:
Rainbowstrides is what i level with, the Whalers are really strong, good es and damage bonus. The Skyforth's bring many advantages to the build

Some of my gear in LHC needs work still:

More preferred would be like:

To balance I keep replacement items for resist changes:

Main skills:

Lacerate Set up:

Alternate choices -

Malice Skills:

Secondary effects:

Auras:

Alernate Aura Choices:

Flask Selection:

Constant:

Switch Between:

For fights like Abaxoth End All:

Last edited by 420Hussar on Jun 19, 2017, 4:30:29 PM
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2017, 12:18:52 AM
Nice build!! :D
Thank you! :) and thank you for recommending Ice Bite! Worked perfectly.
New Shaped Shore video added
Last edited by 420Hussar on Jun 17, 2017, 11:39:05 PM
Seems really interesting. Why inquisitor over assassin? And how do you handle reflect? And is it shaper/guardian viable?
Glad you found the build interesting. Choice of Inquisitor over Assassin was made after playing Assassin primarily with the build and wanting a shield aand betted defenses. With assassin there was no way to avoid dual wielding for cold pen. With assassin I was also using dual curse blasphemy but the aoe nerd put an end to that. Then it became cold pen being the only reason to dual wield so I went inquisitor to ignore resists and be able to use a shield for more es while still using two skills on malice. As for reflect I only take the 10% reduced reflect taken node on tree and cold flask. The way the build deals damage helps against reflect as between pulse and bolt the damage is done in waves and you leech between spells hitting.

Forgot to mention about end game content. The only guardian I tested against was hydra. Due to work and time limitations. I'm sure the version can be dialed to handle end game content but haven't been able to focus on the build further. Also not atziri viable due to targeting troubles and the mirror phase. As for uber lab it can be easily done but not at suitable as a build for lab like other es builds with helots oath or faster start of es recharge
Last edited by 420Hussar on Jun 19, 2017, 3:38:37 PM
I really like the concept of this build. Do you think anything can be done with glacial cascade in place of frostbolt or freezing pulse? I've been looking up lacerate builds and wanted to do some sort of COC Glacial Cascade for 3.0.

Also, do you see this build converting to Life at all with the coming changes & nerfs to ES? I'm going to try this out with my own tweaks for life once the beta reset happens.
Nice build. I decided to try it out killing some time between leagues. I am 87 now but am having a horrible time with mana. I did tweak your build a little to take advantage of Skyforth and took charisma to be able to run an extra aura. I don't see any kind of mana regen on your gear, mana leech or really even much on your tree. Is there someway you are dealing with it that I am just not seeing?

Link to my current passive tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBUIJqg18DkgQWBEPEVARlhXXF1QZihqPGyUc3B1PHaoigSL0KPopiyoLKjgsnCy_LR8y0TW5Ow1BlkVHRnFJsUuuTC1Ms1AwUXRWSlZjV8lca13yX2pfsGwLbRlvnnBScLt3B3yDf8aDCYRIhMWGrocTidOLjIw2jjyO6Y8aj_qSbpMnlwabbpu1nKSeoaEvoqOmmacrrJius6-btAy4k7xWvorAZsCawcXDOsNtykrK09Af0NDQ9dJ818_ZW9n8217hiOkC6rrr7uwY74jv6_ba99f5N_nd-wk=?accountName=XxLabanxX&characterName=Eradnaa
Thanks guys.

CaptKeys
Havent tried Glacial Cascades but its definitely a fun skill and if you manage a version that would work with it i would be interested in checking it out.

Have considered switching the build to hp based but currently experimenting with a Guardian Aegis version with Malice. Will be developing and testing the next couple week.

XxLabanxX
Had a level 9 Clarity in gear.
The extra aura can be a help. Especially if you want to fit in haste for faster clear speed.
The way i had the auras,tree, and gear was not taking advantage of the skyforths reduced reserve.
Kind of ran out of time for dialing the build, still lots of room for improvement.
"
420Hussar wrote:
Thanks guys.

CaptKeys
Havent tried Glacial Cascades but its definitely a fun skill and if you manage a version that would work with it i would be interested in checking it out.

Have considered switching the build to hp based but currently experimenting with a Guardian Aegis version with Malice. Will be developing and testing the next couple week.

XxLabanxX
Had a level 9 Clarity in gear.
The extra aura can be a help. Especially if you want to fit in haste for faster clear speed.
The way i had the auras,tree, and gear was not taking advantage of the skyforths reduced reserve.
Kind of ran out of time for dialing the build, still lots of room for improvement.

Yeah the passive I linked to my character I tweaked it to run HoI/Ice Bite, Haste, Discipline, Arctic Armor. I also added a jewel that prodives 1 mana per hit. On top of that I had to run 2 lvl 4 enlightens. I am managing just fine now. I did take out Fortify from my 6L, atradded it for additional accuracy and added fortify/whirling Blades/Faster attacks in my shield. In the end I had to drop Ice Golem which really doesn't help that much and is pretty much worthless during boss fights anyways. Its running much smoother not but still takes a little bit to take out boses. This is the grea and link setups I am currently running. the only other thing I am debatting since I do have a dying sun is would you at that point still use the 2 threasholds or would you change them out for other rare jewels?

Gear
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info