Greendude-mors-Nugi talk about pvp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YS5ee5FmDM&feature=share

(new)

Today we're joined by Greendude the creator of Path of Diablo and one of the lead men behind the PvP scene in Path of Exile.

Interesting behind the scene.

Greendude idea to revive pvp:
public spectator mod with free roam camera would have been a good thing for promoting pvp.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on May 30, 2017, 2:30:05 AM
Last bumped on Jun 2, 2017, 8:13:27 AM
"
one of the lead men behind the PvP scene in Path of Exile.

I think this happens too early, some people still can remember pvp season one.
All that unbalanced automated bullshit followed by brainless nerfs.

I can clearly see situation in ggg office back in 2014:
— Hey, let's make that random dude "the ruler of pvp"
— lol, k.
Why pvp failed. Or the reasons that still bother me the most.

1. Cast on death sarn free for all bullshit, was the majority of the schedule both seasons. Winning pvp demigods by dying the most, was a real slap in the face, to real pvp players.

2. Master crafted hybrid damage mods. They nerfed this shortly after 1.2 forsaken masters, but the first pvp season was on standard in 1.3, and these were everywhere.

3. Pvp only characters could not go to sarn arena, where all the pvp happens. They didn't fix this until around 2.2. I don't remember the exact patch. But I have made LLD builds in every league since. This was completely inexcusable.

4. The pre-made builds are shit. Anyone that used one of these to try pvp had a horrible experience, and then found out they couldn't even take it to sarn arena. They should just delete them
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Jun 1, 2017, 1:13:54 PM
Literally who?
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
ripnburn69 wrote:

1. Cast on death sarn free for all bullshit, was the majority of the schedule both seasons. Winning pvp demigods by dying the most, was a real slap in the face, to real pvp players.

2. Master crafted hybrid damage mods. They nerfed this shortly after 1.2 forsaken masters, but the first pvp season was on standard in 1.3, and these were everywhere.

3. Pvp only characters could not go to sarn arena, where all the pvp happens. They didn't fix this until around 2.2. I don't remember the exact patch. But I have made LLD builds in every league since. This was completely inexcusable.

4. The pre-made builds are shit. Anyone that used one of these to try pvp had a horrible experience, and then found out they couldn't even take it to sarn arena. They should just delete them

Those were the problems? Hahaha, I wish those were the problems with PvP.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
ripnburn69 wrote:

Those were the problems? Hahaha, I wish those were the problems with PvP.

Excluding the broken pvp experience, those were indeed the main reasons pvp seasons failed.
The problems with pvp run "a bit" deeper than that. So deep that greendude and his friends couldn't see nor react to them.
"
lapiz wrote:
The problems with pvp run "a bit" deeper than that. So deep that greendude and his friends couldn't see nor react to them.

Well GD is always GD. remember back in idk 14-15 when he coped dswar's firestorm+cws and I still rekt hime thrice as a sword n board. My first time doing LLD. Unsure why people treat him as a god, I mean sure he has some knowledge and did quite a bit for the community back in the days(mainly lld) through his website and hosting tournaments. But especially now I have no faith in him knowing the problems
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"

Well GD is always GD. remember back in idk 14-15 when he coped dswar's firestorm+cws and I still rekt hime thrice as a sword n board. My first time doing LLD. Unsure why people treat him as a god, I mean sure he has some knowledge and did quite a bit for the community back in the days(mainly lld) through his website and hosting tournaments. But especially now I have no faith in him knowing the problems

Well him not even being able to copypasta an op build at the time wasn't the problem. That's completely fine when it comes to designing the core aspects of pvp. He could still have steered the big picture of pvp to the right direction even while being clueless about the game play it self.

Sadly he was clueless about transforming pvp into something actually good as well.
Point given, shits happen
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info