[3.0] [STARTER] [MINER] FROSTBolt KING - ATZ/uLAB /Guardians/Vaal Temple # CI/LIFE-MOM #

I'm at 8k ES now. Just did Atziri easily. Would you recommend going LL this league? I'm thinking about it.

edit: Crafted a 6L!!!
only took ~1.5 ex to craft. Got really lucky with the chaos spam + ~100 fusings used lol.
IGN: uez
Last edited by uez on Aug 10, 2017, 4:09:47 PM
Hey, first thx for this awesome fun build, i just reach lvl 60 (going for the Life Mom version) and got a lot of fun for the moment :) hope this will work for end game content.
Just 1 or 2 reflexions about lvl-ing if you feel to add this to your presentation :

- May precise to people that they could lvl-up with fire nova mine and switch to frostbolt as soon as they have the 2 requires spot and jewel for Frozen trail.

- Randomly loot this

and i feel it's awesome for lvl-ing, i think i will keep it until i found a decent 6L (or may try a 5L). (Plus it's cheap (0.2Chaos at the moment).

- To sustain Power charge i link a "Power charge on critical" to my orb of storms setup (will try enhance / Empower after i grab the Power chage node

Well, first - thx for the build, specced into it from FNM one, since Frozen Trails is cheap. Already in maps as Life-MoM, planning to switch to CI when i can get my hands on a decent 5l Regalia. Damage is really good, but i feel too squishy in merc lab, still trying it. Overall build is pretty fast, just sometimes logic of frostbolts targeting works in a strange ways.
Followed your tips about life and I'm going hybrid for now. 6.5k total, being 3.8k life and 2.6k energy shield. Feeling less squishy and damage is nice. Thanks!
could someone please tell me what early game gear i need or uniques i should use? i am currently lvl 31 and struggling alot with currency and gear, i dont know what gear to use for leveling up.
Last edited by PrestigeBlack on Aug 10, 2017, 3:27:28 PM
"
PrestigeBlack wrote:
could someone please tell me what early game gear i need or uniques i should use? i am currently lvl 31 and struggling alot with currency and gear, i dont know what gear to use for leveling up.

This is my old gear while leveling. Life is your #1 priority on gear. #2 is elemental resists and energy shield. Look at each of my gear choices, Since this build is hybrid (Life + Energy Shield), I try getting as much energy shield from gear as possible, which means just buying/finding the items with energy shield only as those tend to have the higher rolls. Didn't bother using gear with Armor or Evasion as it isn't needed. Use poe.trade and currency.poe.trade to check out gear prices as well as currency prices.
"
uez wrote:
"
PrestigeBlack wrote:

This is my old gear while leveling. Life is your #1 priority on gear. #2 is elemental resists and energy shield. Look at each of my gear choices, Since this build is hybrid (Life + Energy Shield), I try getting as much energy shield from gear as possible, which means just buying/finding the items with energy shield only as those tend to have the higher rolls. Didn't bother using gear with Armor or Evasion as it isn't needed. Use poe.trade and currency.poe.trade to check out gear prices as well as currency prices.

please, you dont understand my question, i am asking what cheap early game gear i should use, i am lvl 32 only, i cant wear nor get the gear you just listed, i am only asking for what early game uniques and skills i should use to help me level up

Thanks for understanding
Just user Fire Nova Mine.

Gear priority is still the same. Life, resists, energy shield.

No real uniques needed, some would be helpful, but honestly you don't need any.
How come iam lvl 83 and I just changed my build to CI and my energy shield is only 3.3k?

Gloves 159 ES, shield 183 ES, helm 209 ES, only my chest doesnt give me ES, but still how is it so low?
"
How come iam lvl 83 and I just changed my build to CI and my energy shield is only 3.3k?

Gloves 159 ES, shield 183 ES, helm 209 ES, only my chest doesnt give me ES, but still how is it so low?

I'll link you my gear to give a base. Dude you need ES on your chest, that's the most ES you're going to get from gear!! That's the whole point of going CI, to get as much Energy Shield as possible so you can take hits in addition to being 100% chaos res. Every single Energy Shield point matters. To put it into perspective, if I take off my 510 ES chest, my ES goes DOWN from 8k to 5.7k!! The energy shield nodes increase the amount of ES you get from items so really try to get as much as you can. Even upgrading your shield from 183 to a higher number around 240 will give you a significant boost in your ES. Look at my tree if you want to. I bought an Energy From Within jewel to boost ES as well. Also try finding rings and amulet with ES too. I get at least 400 ES from rings alone. Amulet gives even more because it can roll 20%+ increased ES.

Last edited by uez on Aug 11, 2017, 7:50:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info