Best skill for Way of the poacher CWDT frenzy charge generation

Hello

Has anyone done some tests with way of the poacher and different skills?

I'm having some issues with flicker and I want to generate more frenzy charges.
With way of the poacher vs a solo boss I lose 0.4 charges per multistrike flicker. Which is like -2 charges per second. Which is a problem for tanky bosses, I just failed to kill tul and esh while I can run over any map boss with squishy adds... Sometimes for solo bosses, if I run in with lots of frenzy charges I can kill them before running out of charges, but if there are animations or such it can be a problem if I need to start the fight with no charges.

To compensate I was thinking about using a low level CWDT.
I tried blade vortex, but a bit underwhelming, even with CWDT level 1 I barely have more than 2-3 stacks so it generates like 1 stack max per sec, often less. Haven't tried to add increased duration yet my sockets are a bit of a mess.

I was wondering if orb of storm, ball lightning or anything else would be better? Maybe I should put more than 1 spell.

If anyone used something similar, some advice would be welcome.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on May 27, 2017, 10:14:41 PM
Last bumped on May 29, 2017, 5:08:33 AM
Havent tried it myself, but what about firestorm? While not every fireball from it will hit, it's a potential 20 hits over 2 seconds per cast, so I could see it generating at least a few frenzy charges.

Well there is a frenzy skill, can use it with range or melee so having fast uniq bow with frenzy is dicent option for weapon swap.
Will try firestorm first, sadly this spell is laggy as fuck and my laptop isn't really brand new.

Might try the quill rain but I was looking for something a bit more automatic than bow weapon swap. Not a bad idea for tough situations though.
What about blade vortex? Might be worth a try...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
If you read the post you'd have seen that blade vortex was the first thing I tried.

Done a few tests with my buddy hillock. For a weird reason orb of storms don't seem to work. Firestorm looks like a winner with maybe 1.5 charges per cast average (remember it's 20% on raider shouldn't expect 12 charges...), blade vortex close second and ball lightning far behind with like 3-4 hits/cast, not even a full charge on average.

So thx grimmhammer for the suggestion.

Can't spare more than 3 sockets until I get my corrupted gloves. But so far using blade vortex + firestorm seem to be enough to not get stuck with no charges.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on May 28, 2017, 8:02:05 PM
"
For a weird reason orb of storms don't seem to work.

Doesn't work how? Its own gem description tells you it can't be triggered, so that wouldn't be weird. You don't mean to tell me you cast Orb of Storms and its hits didn't grant Frenzy Charges? :o
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
ball lightning? +slower proj so it stays on boss for longer time
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Good point adghar!

I've used some spells for so long I sometimes forget to read them again when I do new builds lol.

And I believe ball lightning + slower proj would be less efficient than firestorm + blade vortex or even firestorm increased duration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info