Wrong Base Type?

I was attempting to craft some Dexterity onto my One Handed Mace and I was given the red text "Item has the wrong base type". Even though listed in the text of the craft, it displays that it applies to one handed maces.
http://imgur.com/a/aehzb

This is the weapon I tried applying it to.

Last edited by Chaotic_Shadoz on May 27, 2017, 12:12:16 PM
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2017, 2:32:37 PM
maces are divided into 2 sub types, the mod you are trying to use is based on the melee version of the maces, the one you are using is a sceptre which is different (ele/caster)...this also extends to skin transfers.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
That's a sceptre, not a one-handed mace.

One-handed maces

Sceptres

(Chrome thinks "sceptre" is not a word. I'll stick to the in-game spelling though.)
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 27, 2017, 12:50:11 PM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
(Chrome thinks "sceptre" is not a word. I'll stick to the in-game spelling though.)

Sounds like Chrome is set to American English.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
But if you look at the item the first line says "One Handed Mace"

If the enchant is not supposed to apply to Sceptres then the base type needs to be changed to reflect that the item is a Sceptre and not a Mace. Simple fix.
It seems a bug to me: one handed mace's nodes on tree apply to sceptres and I'm pretty sure I used Vagan to mastercraft something on them.
BUT.. your sceptre already has 3 suffixes (int, lightning % and fire res), there's no room for dex
"
DarkWap wrote:
It seems a bug to me: one handed mace's nodes on tree apply to sceptres and I'm pretty sure I used Vagan to mastercraft something on them.
BUT.. your sceptre already has 3 suffixes (int, lightning % and fire res), there's no room for dex

As i previously said they are divided internally, which mods can roll, which animations they use, what skins can be applied....there isn't a bug, it's just not indicated well, tree mods don't effect those.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 27, 2017, 6:07:53 PM
Also your weapon already has 3 suffixes so you couldn't craft Dex anyway
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2

Fast and safe ty mate !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info